Shit Music

KieranC94

Re: Shit Music nothing I'm writing will be radio friendly either (just look at the lyric I put up under your lyrics in the lyrical discussion section) I write what I feel and I couldn't care less if people don't like it, putting my band together is proving to be difficult however, I've had some responses from various ads I've put out there (none here yet) but no one that fits the criteria I'm looking for

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Shit Music KieranC94, Aaargh, what can I say about modern chart music! :evil::evil::evil: Well, I think that I'd better bullet point my main hates about it. Repetativenes: Ahhhhhhh! Every single song sounds just like all the others! Either its a slightly empowering but still oh so sad weepy weepy (I'm not crying!!!! :x ) ballad or its some punks on a dance song with a pathetic synthy dance riff while the lyrics contain far too many repetions of the word "girl" or some other ghastly stereotype. Arrogance: Cher Loyd? Who the hell does she think she is the conceited little madam! Swagger Jagger, hmmmph, well, let me tell you missy he has more originality and talent in his little finger than you have in you entire being! Cheryl Cole's not much better with her whole "oh, and I'm going to get real offended now with you Simon cause I disagree and I'm Cheryl so I must be right" act. And as for rappers (apart from a very, very few), well. "Hnnn, yeah, I'm wondeful, hnn, I have an attitude to women which makes feminism seem never to have happened, hnn, yeah, oh yeah, I have no responsibility with money but that's O.K. because I deserve everything I want, uhu uhu, and my opinions really count and I'm real, yeah," whatever that means! :evil: Lexicon: Especially rappers, filling the English language which all their nonsense slang (swag? SWAG!) which they have to invent because they can't get a dictionary from the library because they can't spell it! And they have a vocabulary of about fifty words, which they don't even make rhyme properly and they fill in all the gaps with lots of "hot damn" and swearing and general talk about their sexual prowess. Creativity: Very, very few of these talentless morons even write their own blinking music but then have the nerve to sit their while being interviewed and spout drivel about what the lyrics (which are inevitably drivel) mean to them and how it reminds them of how their mother got trampled to death by an elephant at the zoo when they where three and so they are doing this album for their memory, to make them "proud" (nothing to do with the money, fame and license to get away with murder). And since when did everybody have the blasted right to go around being proud of everybody? It's patronising and mawkish. Just stop it, stop it now!!!! Eek, I think that I have said enough now!

Re: Shit Music

Rappers are probably the only people in this world who are allowed to be wealthy and brag about it without being called greedy capitalist pigs.
I never thought of it but you're right. They flaunt it and no one bats an eye. Anyone else does it and they're horrible people. This world is fucked.

I never thought of it but you're right. They flaunt it and no one bats an eye. Anyone else does it and they're horrible people. This world is fucked.
I don't think people have a problem with other people earning wealth, but I know it irritates me when someone accumulates wealth by fucking other people over or (in the case of rappers and most other celebrities) because our culture is somehow possessed to consume the worthless crap they're selling.

Re: Shit Music it's for that very reason that I despise MTV, for fuck sake they call jersey shore reality tv, I was forced to sit through an episode of that garbage at a mate's place a few months back and I firstly don't see how a shitload of people basically living in the same place and partying every night is reality, it's no wonder there's so many under-aged kids going and getting smashed at every opportunity when you consider what they're exposed to by the so called acceptable reality programs

I don't think people have a problem with other people earning wealth' date=' but I know it irritates me when someone accumulates wealth by fucking other people over or (in the case of rappers and most other celebrities) because our culture is somehow possessed to consume the worthless crap they're selling.[/quote'] Here I think you're wrong, but it depends on how you earn your wealth. No one hated Steve Jobs even though the guy was quite wealthy. Why? Because all the hipsters bought iProducts and therefore couldn't afford to criticise him - he's their magnate. So too people can say of some worthless gangsta rapper that he is a 'successful African-American', but if it's a white person with the same wealth people always assume that he must have manipulated someone or something instead of having gained his wealth fairly. I don't doubt there's corruption in this country, but burning and looting all the CEO's houses like it's 1917 Russia will just create newer, bigger problems I think it's disappointing that so many groups there days are sold by image rather than talent. Lady Gaga stands out, naturally, but I find that any group with a female vocalist tends to just show her singing the whole time without acknowledging whoever made the actual music, rather than the vocal lines. Even gothic metal has this problem from time to time.

Re: Shit Music Iceni, The reason I have no objection to Steve Jobs earning his money is in his name - he has a job! These idiot rappers are just a bunch of morons who by their own arrogance manage to create some sort of an image that suckers wish to by into. And even then I wouldn't resent their money if they didn't go around splashing it about so publically, being extremely irrisponsible with it (savings account, P Diddy, ever heard of it?), and behaving as if it's their divine right to have it. I think it said it all when, in Top Gear, they where speaking to this street guy and appartently he would buy a gastly big four-by-four (I forget which one :oops: but I think the marque was very famous) even if he couldn't afford petrol for it, and the reasons he liked it were the size of the body and alloy wheels and the tinted windows. This was despite the fact that the car ran badly, was an expensive gas-guzzler and was trimmed in the cheapest-looking plastics money patently couldn't buy! In short, posing, arrogant, wasteful idiots!

Here I think you're wrong, but it depends on how you earn your wealth. No one hated Steve Jobs even though the guy was quite wealthy. Why? Because all the hipsters bought iProducts and therefore couldn't afford to criticise him - he's their magnate. So too people can say of some worthless gangsta rapper that he is a 'successful African-American', but if it's a white person with the same wealth people always assume that he must have manipulated someone or something instead of having gained his wealth fairly. I don't doubt there's corruption in this country, but burning and looting all the CEO's houses like it's 1917 Russia will just create newer, bigger problems I think it's disappointing that so many groups there days are sold by image rather than talent. Lady Gaga stands out, naturally, but I find that any group with a female vocalist tends to just show her singing the whole time without acknowledging whoever made the actual music, rather than the vocal lines. Even gothic metal has this problem from time to time.
Actually, Steve Jobs did amass a great deal of his wealth from exploiting sweat shop labor in China, yet the same idiotic hipsters that protest against big business still buy every brand new crApple product that comes out on the market. While this is not the only reason why he was rich, it's still a glaring example of greed superseding ethics for nothing more than a larger profit margin. In the case of the talentless waste of space rapper, the problem really lies with our brain dead society, in that something so shallow could pass as enjoyable music and be sold by the millions. If he's compromising his artistic integrity to sell more records, it's not necessarily unethical, it's just pathetic, but even if it is the best he can do, people still have to buy it. I'm not talking about some self-hating white man agenda or any bullshit buzz term you hear from political pundits, I'm talking about people that are legitimately fucking other people over to line their pockets. I don't have a problem with people earning what they have, I work hard for my paycheck and don't have to stab anyone in the back to pay my bills, and even though I wouldn't say I live well, I wouldn't compromise my personal integrity to elevate my position. Popular music is about image these days, because if you're a reasonably attractive female singer, you don't really have to put any effort into your music, because you and your record label are really just selling sex appeal anyhow, or the "cool" look of the "rocker" with the spiked hair that's banging all those vacant-minded bitches he shows in his music videos.

Actually' date=' Steve Jobs did amass a great deal of his wealth from exploiting sweat shop labor in China, yet the same idiotic hipsters that protest against big business still buy every brand new crApple product that comes out on the market.[/quote'] Holy shit! I saw something making fun of people like that somewhere! :lol: Very true and fucking pathetic.

Re: Shit Music So I presume you're more annoyed with the consumer rather than the producer since the producer's success depends on the consumer being dumb enough to buy? That's a fair cop, I suppose...

So I presume you're more annoyed with the consumer rather than the producer since the producer's success depends on the consumer being dumb enough to buy? That's a fair cop' date=' I suppose...[/quote'] In a way, as it's only because of consumers without brains that anything so banal and vapid could become popular/successful and stay that way. There still should be some accountability towards people making horrible products, but as I said before, maybe that's the best they produce do in some cases, and if people keep buying it, why would they think they're anything less than the bigshots they claim to be? Either way, this would still pale in comparison to the exploitation perpetuated by large companies who emphasize profit over ethics, whether in the creation of those products, or in the case of large pharmaceutical companies, a lack of research and testing (seen as an unnecessary cost) of potentially dangerous side effects to those who take their drugs. Many of these companies would rather set aside a portion of their profits to pay for lawsuits caused by their "medications" than trying to ensure that their product is safe to begin with because it's just cheaper that way. It's all about the bottom line to them, and the lives that they effect don't really factor into that equation.

Re: Shit Music just going to briefly stick up for some Australian companies developing medications that actually do perform extensive testing before deeming it safe for human trials, if all pharmaceutical companies were willing to do the same thing perhaps we wouldn't have potentially harmful medications being sold, so far as rap goes my younger brother tried explaining the point of it to me today, I think it has something to do with boasting about the size of one's wallet, owning horrible cars that look flash, owning good cars and ruining them by making them look flash and sex, I'm sorry but how can that be a good influence on teenagers? irony of course is that that last line was used by the PMRC back in the eighties in relation to metal, which shows just how appaling rap really is

Re: Shit Music Good point, Murph1990, I would also like to add the idea of where the hell we would be without the pharmaseutical companies. Love 'em or loathe 'em, they are the ones developing new and existing medicines, and as to the fact that they turn a profit on it, well, that's just capitalism, or simply human nature, nobody does anything for free. Also, I sincerly doubt that drug companies under-test their drugs, as the financial ramifictions of recalls and lawsuits are quite enough without considering the loss of reputation among the other drug companies. Re. Rap. As I have already made quite clear, I loathe almost all hip-hop with a vengence (I think the Black Eyed Peas are O.K. and seem nice). My brother also likes rap so we have something in common there. As to bad influences, well, I suppose at the end of the day you can only influence someone so far, if they are bound to be bad they are bound to be bad. Besides, in the eighties didn't Satanism attach itself far more readily to metal than it does now? NOT that metal ever did represent it, but one could understand outside hostility a bit better when compared to now.

I would also like to add the idea of where the hell we would be without the pharmaseutical companies. Love 'em or loathe 'em' date=' they are the ones developing new and existing medicines, and as to the fact that they turn a profit on it, well, that's just capitalism, or simply human nature, nobody does anything for free. Also, I sincerly doubt that drug companies under-test their drugs, as the financial ramifictions of recalls and lawsuits are quite enough without considering the loss of reputation among the other drug companies.[/quote'] No, it's most certainly true that many drugs are undertested before being brought onto the market. As I said before, it is cheaper to pay out a class action lawsuit than it is to properly test the drugs long-term effects, which takes years of study, but would prevent many adverse effects on human lives, so I think it's worth the cost. The same is true for many fields, car manufacturers for instance will project the potential cost of a recall if they have an item that is bad, and if it's cheaper to pay out the projected amount of claims based on the percentage of parts failing, they will not issue the recall. While capitalism has pushed forward technology for many years, it is now to the point where we are just engineering new ways to make more money instead of producing quality items. Any mechanic will tell you that cars these days are built to fall apart within a few years, just in time for your warranty to run out and for you to finish paying off the loan so you can buy another, but many older vehicles continue to rack up miles, and are cheaper to fix. I feel like one of the main problems is that we have lost our sense of pride. It used to be that people were proud of the work they did and would strive to do it to the best of their ability, but the current generation's mentality is one of just doing enough to get by, merely acceptable is the new standard for quality. The same goes for anything, music included, popular music is even more brain dead in this day and age than it was in past generations, but one hit wonders are also coming and going faster to keep up with our youth's short attention span. I'd better stop before this rant gets even more out of hand.

Re: Shit Music no I agree with you on those points, many car and drug companies do under-test or under-research their product, the only cars built to last these days cost insane amounts of money and can't be used everyday for practicality reasons, many medications being produced have undisclosed and harmful side effects, and it seems modern pop music has regressed to a stage where having talent excludes you from becoming successful

no I agree with you on those points' date=' many car and drug companies do under-test or under-research their product, the only cars built to last these days cost insane amounts of money and can't be used everyday for practicality reasons, many medications being produced have undisclosed and harmful side effects, and it seems modern pop music has regressed to a stage where having talent excludes you from becoming successful[/quote'] Too true, Murph! I think that image has become so important to pop that it makes the music of little intrinsic value - it's more of a way of expressing group loyalty or personal coolness, like buying a metal T-Shirt.

Re: Shit Music no no no no no, buying metal t-shirts is different if you actually LIKE the band, if you listen to their music and enjoy it then by all means buy their t-shirts and show your dedication to the band, however buying them to follow the herd because the shirts look "cool" is unacceptable

Re: Shit Music No abolutely, I think that I must have failed to express myself. Of course the T-Shirts are to show band loyalty - I think that I just picked a rather bad analogy there. I meant to say that the pop is like the T-Shirts. It's something you want to attach yourself to, for coolness or awesomeness respectively, and so in pop's case you by the music to attach yourself to the band as opposed to bying the T-Shirt to attach yoursefl to the music of the band. Yeah, O.K., it sucks as an analogy :lol: !

Re: Shit Music no I get it I think, pop music is about image so you want to associate yourself with that, completely ignoring the total lack of musical talent involved in the making of such "music", metal t-shirts are a means of associating oneself with the music of a particular band and showing that you are loyal to said band, I wear mine everywhere (lost count of how many I actually have but its well into double figures) to show that I enjoy the music of bands including: Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Helloween, Iron Maiden, Motorhead and so, so many others