Welcome to Metal Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to stalk this  
Stalkers 0
MetalMaggot

Marilyn Manson

76 posts in this topic

Re: Marilyn Manson i have a lot of respect for marilyn manson, he did everything right and his fans are some of the most loyal fans i've ever seen

Re: Marilyn Manson his freakish-ness doesn't bother me, just that he bullied his ex-guitarist.. even kicked him in the head on stage

Re: Marilyn Manson I can kind of appreciate the raw obscenity he promoted in the beginning of his career but now that he's "old" it's not the same. It's like looking at middle age punkers.

I have his AS albums and his Lest we Forget and I like them. I saw him live last year, pretty decent. I'm not a huge fan but his music is interesting and decent.

Re: Marilyn Manson

He's not gothic rock. He's more shock rock. His music is nothing like gothic rock.
If hes shock rock hes the same as alice cooper :) and sorry but he isnt

If hes shock rock hes the same as alice cooper :) and sorry but he isnt
That was what I was going to say. He's not classic goth like Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, etc..., but is in the same realm as modern gothic/industrial rock bands like Rammstein.

Re: Marilyn Manson

That was what I was going to say. He's not classic goth like Sisters of Mercy' date=' Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, etc..., but is in the same realm as modern gothic/industrial rock bands like Rammstein.[/quote'] Great minds think alike C:

That was what I was going to say. He's not classic goth like Sisters of Mercy' date=' Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, etc..., but is in the same realm as modern gothic/industrial rock bands like Rammstein.[/quote'] Nooooooooooooooo I love Rammstein, only saw them 4 times last year. MM is a total wanker, saw him/them last year with Rob Zombie and was shite. It was not a one off as reviews from the other gigs on the tour were bad. Also saw him/them a couple of years back and was crap then. I have a couple of cd's and they are OK but live it's rubbish. I'm a classic goth then, cool, I like that. :-)

You can't deny that his sound isn't far off from stuff like Rammstein though' date=' regardless of any perceived quality differences.[/quote'] Well, they're both industrial but I think the similarity halts there. MM had a higher-pitched guitar sound if I remember correctly. In general it's shriller music. The vocal style is also far removed. Till Landemann can sing in a low, menacing register but I've only ever heard Manson squeal in an extremely obnoxious semi-growl. Yes, I am putting in quality judgments here but I think there's a substantial difference between these bands. ...but of course they both pale in comparison to Eisbrecher.

I remember his glam days when he used to wear this weird hat. He had more of a sense of humor then, too. He wasn't always just this Satan-obsessed guy who walks around on stilts and makes every show look like some incomprehensible experiment. I just think there are those who do it better.