Best lines

Apoc

Is it really me now - could this be the real thing Is there someone else to ease the pain So easy, so easy now, has it really gone too far It don't matter anyhow, sometimes I feel like an Echo in the wind, that's not coming back again I look inside my head and what I see Are the reflections of the world And I see genius and insanity You're alive - you're part of the show You came to foresee the signs on the wall So many tried in vain - they know the truth Learn - how to live and fight and learn - How to fight them right and learn - how to give and take it all Heal Me from Mr Hansen&the rest of the Rayz

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really enjoy Burzums lyrics, Erblicket die tochter des firmaments being my favorite especially the lines: In every winter there's a different cold In every winter I feel so old So very old as the night So very old as the dreadful cold.. I also like the style of Peste Noire's lyrics (ignoring the french nationalist leanings) and adore the self depreciating humour in Type O Negative's lyrics.

oh I just discovered this and I want to post it : Did you hear the news about Edward? On the back of his head he had another face Was it a woman's face or a young girl? They said to remove it would kill him So poor Edward was doomed The face could laugh and cry It was his devil twin And at night she spoke to him Things heard only in hell But they were impossible to separate Chained together for life Finally the bell tolled his doom He took a suite of rooms And hung himself and her from the balcony irons Some still believe he was freed from her But I knew her too well I say she drove him to suicide And took poor Edward to hell It's by Tom Waits it's called Poor Edward

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Woods of Ypres - Woods 5 Grey Skies and Electric Light has the best lyrics i've ever heard. It's hard not to factor in David Gold's death when forming an opinion, but the lyrics are so emotionally crushing and personal. This album is the only piece of music that's ever brought tears to my eyes I really can't recommend this album enough. Since I can't type all the lyrics in here, i'll just do it for a couple songs. Finality When we all have gone to the silence of eternity to first be forgotten and lost in the records of the earth could i still miss you then? in the time and space after life when no one is searching anymore and where we are nowhere to be found we didn't spend our lives together and I will miss you forever... the choice was mine to long for a time that will never come though we leave the world apart i still went peacefully, quietly with you, still, firmly in my heart and i will wait forever i...wait... Alternate Ending I found this song especially moving because it sounds like it's David's suicide note. I mean, the whole album kind of is, but this song in particular, especially when you consider how he died. In the darkness under the stars with enough warning to pull off to the side in time in the end was there anyone to share in your joy? i woke up one day to realize it was already over back on the highway under the moon my final moments still wondering about you in the end was there anyone to share in your joy? i woke up for years without you and realized it was already over for me now making amendments to the story and changing the ending as i would like it to be we were together in a memory and we lived forever in finality holding on to a dream when the end couldn't come slow enough for me holding on...

Hm, time to find my favorites then! Which are a lot...damn. [spoiler:judn5e7a]Dream after dream portrayed twins in terror Their emerald eyes and flaming hair One of them was blind The other walked forever silenced My queen forever I’ll be a slave to you We’ll never be dead to the world again[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]Something expendable was all I craved to fill a hole in my soul, and I found that in you You where up against a Russian roulette With all chambers loaded[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]AND YOU STOLE SOMETHING I WOULD ALWAYS GIVE TO YOU THE HUNTER IS NOTHING WITHOUT HIS PREY AND YOU TOOK SOMETHING I WOULD NOT REFUSE YOU YOU'RE NOTHING WITHOUT ME[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]We both ate from the serpent's tree I cannot blame us for burning all the bridges Close that coffin, strike the last nail And tell me why is my soul this frail[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]I have never done anything to you You never made my dreams come true But this deceit will cost you all I have never, never believed in you...[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]Searching in the ruins of me, looking for answers Even though I'm all alone like an terminal cancer[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]I WOULD DIE FOR YOU, IF YOU CARE FOR ME TOMORROW THERE'S ANOTHER CRIMSON DAWN I'LL WATCH IT ALONE, UPON THE LOST THRONE CROWNED IN DESPAIR I WOULD BLEED FOR YOU, IF YOU STAY WITH ME TOMORROW THERE'S ANOTHER ENDLESS NIGHT I'LL WALK IT ALONE, ALONG THE LOST ROAD CROWNED IN DESPAIR[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]MY MIND HAS TURNED TO THE DARKEST PLACE I'VE EVER KNOWN IN THE RAIN I READ YOUR TOMB MAYBE YOU KNOW WHERE THE BLACK LOTUS GROW ARCHITECT OF MY GRIEF NO SIGN OF SOUL RELIEF TELL ME WHERE THE BLACK LOTUS BLOOM[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]I know we used to have it all figured out Can't blame you for feeling deserted and alone And I know I promised you a lot of things But I can no longer[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]Please kill me in my sleep so I get stuck in my dreams I'll keep exhaling the rime of my chaotic harmony But the wrecked parts of that ship keep floating in So I see, this time was never made for me... Never wanted you to know what was inside of me And all the things I ever wanted was things I had before[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]I recall your face, because she wore it too... Well you were nice, but I had no reason to fall in love again So I said thank you, had enough with my own mind ghosts But after all you reminded me of...[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]You pulled me up from the dream Let's compare scars you and I You are always on my mind I will never leave you behind You broke my engagement to Solitude, and made me threw away The ring of retaliation[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]THE ONLY DREAM WE EVER SHARED WAS A NIGHTMARE THE ONLY BEING YOU EVER CARED ABOUT WAS YOURSELF THIS WAR WAS LOST BEFORE IT BEGAN I`LL PULL MY FAIL-SAFE, LAUNCH MY PLAN AND ONCE THE DUST SETTLES YOU WISH YOU WOULD BE?[/spoiler:judn5e7a] I could find more lol
\m/ I love the Sonic Syndicate/The Unguided!

• 2 weeks later...

Politicians hide themselves away They only started the war Why should they go out to fight They leave that all to the poor Black Sabbath - War Pigs Prepare the patients scalp To peel away Metal caps his ears He'll hear not what we say Solid steel visor Riveted across his eyes Iron staples close his jaws So no one hears his cries Megadeth - The Skull Beneath The Skin

• 6 months later...

I also like these ones, to Threshold's 'Sunseeker': I've prayed until I have free will, I've shut out all the lies I can't make sense of fate's portents; on patterns I've relied I've given in, my demon twin lies dying by my side The future is a mystery now the stars have turned to grey My freedom rests on knowing how to think and do and say Sun-sign believers, enlightenment achievers You strange deceivers - you are not my kind Sun-sign believers, speaking tongue receivers Tarot card faith healers, the blind leading the blind ''Do what thou wilt'' the blood was spilt an ego thus caressed Accepting none but only one is where my freedom rests Presenting now the sacred cow ''you cannot trust free will'' They stand in line of their birth signs their emptiness is shrill Their clockwise universe is ticking out their lives An orgy of pre-destiny held by threads of time Sun-sign believers, enlightenment achievers You strange deceivers - you are not my kind Sun-sign believers, speaking tongue receivers Tarot card faith healers, the blind leading the blind The lyrics to this song seem very anti-religious, but the way that they're framed suggests to me that the person speaking is interested in staying on the straight and narrow and has no use for unproductive theological rabbit trails with claims to spiritual exclusivity. Most interesting is the line 'the blood was spilt/an ego thus caressed', which suggests to me a reference to moral hazard in salvation - i.e. the idea that man is forgiven and that therefore sin is of no consequence - and the idea that every human is special going to one's head. The speaker here, I think, aims at a much higher goal in seeking theological truth.

The "do what thou wilt" line comes from Crowley. It reads like a fairly straightforward anti-occultism diatribe. It's against blood sacrifice and other forms of ritual magic. The "prayed until I have free will" and "accepting none but only one" lines strongly suggest a Christian viewpoint.
I've heard that line used in association with Alistair Crowley before (without reading the previous segments of this discussion I'm assuming that's who we're dealing with here?) but understood it to be part of a broader quotation to do with the practicing of witchcraft. Something about how there should be no rites of passage but rather that those who would practice the craft should share their knowledge according to their own whims. Of course that assumes one believes witchcraft is both practiced (which it almost certainly is) and that there is some real power behind it (which, strong as the human will and belief may be, is unlikely). I could be, and probably am, wrong though.

The line is, "'Do what thou wilt' shall be the whole of the law." You have an interesting interpretation and I honestly don't know enough about it to say whether it's correct, but my reading of the lyrics is that they're specifically referring to a ritual in Thelema where the celebrant recites a rhyme including that line and then eats a cake that he's dipped in his own blood. In that I think ritual "Magick" is egoistic garbage, I can get behind the criticism, though in a more general sense I disagree with the lyrics.

Well' date=' sure. They are more affective for me specifically because I don't appreciate my beliefs being conflated with ritual sacrifice.[/quote'] I understand that you don't believe in transubstantiation, but do you not take any form of Communion at all? Do you have any rituals aside from prayer? (Not baiting you, I'm just curious.)

I understand that you don't believe in transubstantiation' date=' but do you not take any form of Communion at all? Do you have any rituals aside from prayer? (Not baiting you, I'm just curious.)[/quote'] Honestly? I don't have much of any rituals, I only pray when I'm with my parents. I used to read Scripture each Sunday (instead of going to church); I should pick that up again. I should start praying again too, but each time I try it tends to feel very contrived and self-aggrandizing, which just defeats the whole purpose. Yes, I do take Communion, but as a commemoration of the new covenant between man and God and nothing more.

Honestly? I don't have much of any rituals' date=' I only pray when I'm with my parents. I used to read Scripture each Sunday (instead of going to church); I should pick that up again. I should start praying again too, but each time I try it tends to feel very contrived and self-aggrandizing, which just defeats the whole purpose. Yes, I do take Communion, but as a commemoration of the new covenant between man and God and nothing more.[/quote'] Thanks for responding. I assumed that was your take on Communion, though I couldn't be sure without asking... In another age, you'd be a hermit! :D