Best lines

Apoc

Hell no' date=' I'd sit at the council of Nicea using a giant staff to whack the idiot who said Jesus was inviting man to divine cannibalism.[/quote'] Ah come on, "this do in remembrance of me" is obviously mistranslated from the original Aramaic for "get everyone to try these yummy crackers, they turn to meat on the way down". :D

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah come on' date=' "this do in remembrance of me" is obviously mistranslated from the original Aramaic for "get everyone to try these yummy crackers, they turn to meat on the way down". :D[/quote'] Well, Aramaic was a trade language, so the meaning was a bit bastardized, I think what it originally meant was 'I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through worshiping bread.'

A possible tie-in to Pastafarianism? For what are noodles but floppy strings of bread' date=' and therefore what are our souls but floppy strings of the almighty sea of pasta strands and sauce?[/quote'] I wondered how long it'd take before this nefarious cult reared its ugly head here once more.

Re: Best lines

The Pit of Shaving Cream holds no horrors for the Internally Tonsured.
Nay, the cream of removal may yet rend whisker from face long after growth from crown hath subsided. In his own wisdom, the Bestower of Hair himself may choose to remove the hair of youth, but a man granted the gift of Beard may possess it until his dying day. Were it not for the sins of the razor, mankind may not have wrought its own doom by way of abominations such as the neck beard and the chin strap. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

The line is' date=' "'Do what thou wilt' shall be the whole of the law." You have an interesting interpretation and I honestly don't know enough about it to say whether it's correct, but my reading of the lyrics is that they're specifically referring to a ritual in Thelema where the celebrant recites a rhyme including that line and then eats a cake that he's dipped in his own blood. In that I think ritual "Magick" is egoistic garbage, I can get behind the criticism, though in a more general sense I disagree with the lyrics.[/quote'] I only came to that interpretation by reading into the quote my knowledge of Crowley's association with witchcraft. It probably isn't what he inteded by it but the quote is sufficiently vague as to allow any number of interpretations.

I only came to that interpretation by reading into the quote my knowledge of Crowley's association with witchcraft. It probably isn't what he inteded by it but the quote is sufficiently vague as to allow any number of interpretations.
Crowley was an occultist, not a practitioner of "witchcraft". Ritual magic(k) like what Crowley taught/followed is derived from various esoteric origins, whereas so called witchcraft pertains to the rituals of pagans. Despite some esoteric spiritual leanings, I can't really say that I buy into either one. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Crowley was an occultist, not a practitioner of "witchcraft". Ritual magic(k) like what Crowley taught/followed is derived from various esoteric origins, whereas so called witchcraft pertains to the rituals of pagans. Despite some esoteric spiritual leanings, I can't really say that I buy into either one. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
So, as usual, I'm wrong. Think it's about time I just stop wasting everyone's time and avoid these kinds of discussions.

So' date=' as usual, I'm wrong. Think it's about time I just stop wasting everyone's time and avoid these kinds of discussions.[/quote'] Not getting huffy about it, just making a correction. It's understandable, witchcraft is frequently used as a catch-all term for any non-Christian ritual by Christians, sort of like their catch-all "devil-worship" term for any non-Christian deification. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Not getting huffy about it' date=' just making a correction. It's understandable, witchcraft is frequently used as a catch-all term for any non-Christian ritual by Christians, sort of like their catch-all "devil-worship" term for any non-Christian deification.[/quote'] I'd say that applies more to any smaller religious group that's not animist. The differences between Wicca, magick, tarot, esotericism, Thelema, theistic and symbolic Satanism are kind of lost on many Christians. To be perfectly honest I'm not particularly well up on them myself.

Hey ban I'm not a selfish person And also ban did you Hear that a metal blade sign a band from Salt Lake City. Utah I think it's. Val something
Yeah, Visigoth, they actually signed six months ago. I think they're just making the official announcement now because they're getting ready to drop their debut album. We've played shows with them before, there is a video up on YouTube of our Slug Magazine Localized show that we played with them and Huldra, but unfortunately they're just short clips of each band. We've had some personality issues with them in the past, but we have worked through them, and I hope that they succeed. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, Visigoth, they actually signed six months ago. I think they're just making the official announcement now because they're getting ready to drop their debut album. We've played shows with them before, there is a video up on YouTube of our Slug Magazine Localized show that we played with them and Huldra, but unfortunately they're just short clips of each band. We've had some personality issues with them in the past, but we have worked through them, and I hope that they succeed. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah me too. I hope one day you guys get signed. You guys are awsome

Yeah me too. I hope one day you guys get signed. You guys are awsome
There's a snowball's chance in hell of us making it on a big label like Metal Blade, but hopefully we can find a small label that digs what we are doing so that we can reach a wider audience. I have no delusions of grandeur, doom/death just doesn't sell much, but I think we would at least gain a few more fans if more people had heard us. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 months later...
Iceni like the Salem witch trials. In Salem massachutes. Right to that effect
Not really. The Salem witch trials were sparked by three young girls accusing people at random of being witches who cursed them leading to their being caught doing I-can-never-remember-what. The mass hysteria caused by one little lie was sufficient to cause one of the most horrific acts of persecution in American history. I'm not sure there is any real power in the various incarnations of magic described around the world but the idea that people could be executed for practicing such things as recently as 200 years ago is quite disturbing. It is somewhat ironic that in more modern times the practice of Wicca is viewed as a perfectly acceptable new-age religion.