Best lines

Apoc

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Best lines Ill Start with a Love song ;)Naglfar - Spoken Words Of Venom My eyes are the mirrors that reflects your death Contempt I express with each single breath I despise you Come manifest yourself in front of me My face is the last thing you'll ever see I despise you

Re: Best lines

How I wish, how I wish you were here We're just two lost souls Swimming in a fish bowl Year after year Running over the same old ground What have we found? The same old fears Wish you were here
Best. Lyrics. Ever. The entire song has brilliant lyrics, but this is my favourite part.

Re: Best lines the one's in my signature from Arch Enemy's song with the same name, and Tool-Vicarious (especially this part)

Eye on the the TV 'Cause tragedy thrills me Whatever flavor it happens to be, like... "Killed by the husband" "Drowned by the ocean" "Shot by his own son" "She used a poison in his tea, and kissed him goodbye" That's my kind of story It's no fun 'til someone dies

Re: Best lines Ah, I could post so many different lyrics. But, for now, let us go with some lovely Dream Theater.

To those who understand, I extend my hand To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am Not under your command, I know where I stand I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am
From the song As I Am. I love all the lyrics in that song, but posting that part is better than posting the entire song. :lol:

Re: Best lines A song that always sends chills up mah spine is Dracula, by Iced Earth. Can't really pick what does it for me so I'll just copy and paste the lyrics here. [spoiler:1yrsk9od]

Do you believe in love? Do you believe in destiny? True love may come only once in a thousand lifetimes... I too have loved...they took her from me, I prayed for her soul....I prayed for her peace When I close my eyes I see her face, it comforts me When I close my eyes Memories cut like a knife The blood is the life, and Christ I defy. My sworn enemy...birth of a new creed. Is this my reward for serving God's own war? The blood I've spilled for faith fulfilled. To damn her, a disgrace, you spit back in my face. I served you loyally, and you spew blasphemy. I avenge with darkness, for blood is the life The Order of the Dragon, I feed on human life There are far worse things awaiting man than death Come taste what I have seen I'm spreading my disease I will feed upon His precious child The human race will bleed, they will serve my need. (Pre-chorus) I avenge with darkness, for blood is the life The Order of the Dragon, I feed on human life (Chorus) I am the Dragon of blood, a relentless prince of pain Renouncing God on His throne My blood is forever stained For true love I shall avenge, I defy the creed that damned her.
[/spoiler:1yrsk9od] edit - alternatively, the lyrics to an epic 6 or so part song written by a band near me. Quite interesting. [spoiler:1yrsk9od]
II - "Returned to Earth" The distance grows. I walked in the room with a raincoat and mangled smile. I approached the winged woman, taking her into my eyes. My eyes are beds tonight. She is the vultress. She's a master at the game. I follow her every move, calling it frame by frame. Who says that everything is made from gold instead of sand? Who says that worth will not return to earth by my cold hands? I will walk her to the edge, returning her to sea. The rain falls like hell tonight, a downward assault on this barren earth. Walking around to her side of the car, I open the door and let her out. We walked down, hand-in-hand, to the edge of the cliff where our fathers died. Colder still, the sun is far gone as I push her down into the depths of my eyes. My eyes are beds tonight, I cry, "I'm blind! I'm blind!" My eyes are beds tonight, and she lies upon the coastline. By the grace I feel tonight, I'm taking her home. A suicide manifold, she does only what she is told. I drop her at the mansion gates. The distance grows, she walks away. Giving back to Caesar what is Caesar's... I walk in the car with the weight of this world off my shoulders, turn the key and drive away, and the estate has nothing to say. The sun comes out again and evaporates the rain with my eyes in the rear-view mirror. Who says that everything is made from gold instead of sand? Who says that worth will not return to earth by my cold hands? I drive off in the light of the day, and the estate has nothing to say. The distance grows. III - "The Path" You are not the man of the house. I will reverse our dilemma and rescue your spouse. Lock your doors, boy, let's see how you squirm. My army is waiting outside just to see if you've learned. When she called on to me, I could feel like a hero. Is that nothing? ...or does it make your tiny head spin? And you think you're charming, I'm sure-- the heart you discard and the hate that you long to procure. Performed with effeminate class, the difference between fact and fiction is kicking your ass. When she called on to me and she told me what you did-- ..are you stupid? Come out, we'll test your wit. I will break the chain you made. I will shout to make my claim. I will not surrender to your coward's game. The path remains the same. You carry your weapons so high, but when I arrived you retracted and aimed at the sky. Hoping that passive aggression would land in my skull, that's a lasting impression. When she called on to me and she told me what you are-- ...you went too far. Come out boy, this means war. I will break the chain you made. I will shout to make my claim. I will not surrender to your coward's game. The path remains the same. There is strength in numbers when the numbers' on your side. I am not surprised because I knew you'd run and hide. Contemplate the distance you create. Let's make a deal. I can see the difference between what you fake and feel. Interlude - "The Siren Song" If the thought heard 'round the world through Caesar's heart should fly, would he pick himself back up again or please us all and die? The end is of no consequence, the Vultress lives on. Now stop, young man, direct your ears. Now hear, young man, the siren song. Sleep sweet, sleep sweet. Here in your arms I'll always sleep sweet. You know I love you still. Sleep sweet, sleep sweet. Wait until waking hours peek through the sheets. You know I love you still. Your shoulderblades are perfect for my woes to rest upon. They're linked to perfect arms for all my foes to fear to cross. Oh, countess, keep me strong! Keep me asleep, in dreams I'm strong. My troubles will erupt at dawn, till then I sleep, sleep hard and long. IV - "Reinvocation" I tell a tale of a funny mirror with a perfect frame around it. The mirror fell out of the sky, in a boy's back-yard it grounded. That morning he approached the glass, but in his face's place Like a stow-away in fresh-cut grass lay Mary, full of grace. The priestess opened up her eyes to meet the prince's gaze. She whispered, "Will my looks suffice? Do they compromise? Amaze?" He answered, "If they compromise me, do them what they please. I wish to be forsaken, goddess. Take me on my knees." He didn't know what lay behind the glass. The distorted reflection that gave him attention he craved. The curves in the mirror that skewed all the hues he had seen in the past. You never know what sort of wonders can lie in your face. An overwhelming feeling made him quiver to the core. His outstretched hand met only glass; his heart sunk to the floor. She fogged the paine with liar's breath and wrote with dainty thumb, "I go to see the opera every night, love. You should come." --- Reinvocation of a harlot soul, the iridescent stream carries fruition. Would you agree...(would I ever!)...to being permanently pushed along the path to perdition? If the shot felt 'round the world, through the young man's heart should fly, would he then forget himself and let himself die? Does this conflict of interests concern us all? Do you change to bridge the distance, change to break your fall? I am asleep, I will not wake up! These dreams are merging now with waking hours. I've had enough. When the time to make definitive desicions is at hand, would the prepubate participate and make himself a man? Does the weight of the debacle add to shackles we accept? The gullible is malleable, the skeptic is inept. With a smile she disappeared as quickly as she came. It would not be the last time she would vanish, all the same. An empty seat remained unsat when all the lights went down. The overture begins and night gives way to sightless sound. When we learn to face ourselves, we live to oppose. The stage faces the audience, and as anybody knows, the clearest view is granted to the boy who fronts the crowd. Which side you're on is hard to tell when the music gets too loud. V - "The Siren Screams" The overture is over and the angel takes the stage. She belts an aria with fairy-dust and turns to walk away. The men in the crowd are standing now, clamouring for more. But the boy sitting in the front row swears he's seen her before. A shot rings out in the auditorium. It echoed off the atrium and through the baroness' lung. The man in the front row leaps on the stage to save her soul. A staged attack, it fades to black, bringing out the opera in us all. The ambulance arrives in time at the scene of the crime. The audience cheers as the young boy's fears all come to life. The monster with the rifle in the balcony makes his getaway. The boy with the angel in his arms swears to make the devil pay. A shot rings out in the auditorium. It echoed off the atrium and through the baroness' lung. The man in the front row leaps on the stage to save her soul. A staged attack, it fades to black, bringing out the opera in us all. Bring out your dead! The siren screams a metronome. For the actress' head, you know that it has to be so. --- The eyes of the beast are gripping at first, but then they release. He's under the gun and under attack, there's no going back. (The power of good will compel you.) The devil's ears can make out your mood, discover your fears. You're under the gun, it's aimed at your heart, your story is done. (The power of good will compel you.) "I will divide you. I will destroy you. I will make you feel numb. Do you feel numb?"
[/spoiler:1yrsk9od]

Re: Best lines Hm, time to find my favorites then! Which are a lot...damn. [spoiler:judn5e7a]Dream after dream portrayed twins in terror Their emerald eyes and flaming hair One of them was blind The other walked forever silenced My queen forever I’ll be a slave to you We’ll never be dead to the world again[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]Something expendable was all I craved to fill a hole in my soul, and I found that in you You where up against a Russian roulette With all chambers loaded[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]AND YOU STOLE SOMETHING I WOULD ALWAYS GIVE TO YOU THE HUNTER IS NOTHING WITHOUT HIS PREY AND YOU TOOK SOMETHING I WOULD NOT REFUSE YOU YOU'RE NOTHING WITHOUT ME[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]We both ate from the serpent's tree I cannot blame us for burning all the bridges Close that coffin, strike the last nail And tell me why is my soul this frail[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]I have never done anything to you You never made my dreams come true But this deceit will cost you all I have never, never believed in you...[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]Searching in the ruins of me, looking for answers Even though I'm all alone like an terminal cancer[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]I WOULD DIE FOR YOU, IF YOU CARE FOR ME TOMORROW THERE'S ANOTHER CRIMSON DAWN I'LL WATCH IT ALONE, UPON THE LOST THRONE CROWNED IN DESPAIR I WOULD BLEED FOR YOU, IF YOU STAY WITH ME TOMORROW THERE'S ANOTHER ENDLESS NIGHT I'LL WALK IT ALONE, ALONG THE LOST ROAD CROWNED IN DESPAIR[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]MY MIND HAS TURNED TO THE DARKEST PLACE I'VE EVER KNOWN IN THE RAIN I READ YOUR TOMB MAYBE YOU KNOW WHERE THE BLACK LOTUS GROW ARCHITECT OF MY GRIEF NO SIGN OF SOUL RELIEF TELL ME WHERE THE BLACK LOTUS BLOOM[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]I know we used to have it all figured out Can't blame you for feeling deserted and alone And I know I promised you a lot of things But I can no longer[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]Please kill me in my sleep so I get stuck in my dreams I'll keep exhaling the rime of my chaotic harmony But the wrecked parts of that ship keep floating in So I see, this time was never made for me... Never wanted you to know what was inside of me And all the things I ever wanted was things I had before[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]I recall your face, because she wore it too... Well you were nice, but I had no reason to fall in love again So I said thank you, had enough with my own mind ghosts But after all you reminded me of...[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]You pulled me up from the dream Let's compare scars you and I You are always on my mind I will never leave you behind You broke my engagement to Solitude, and made me threw away The ring of retaliation[/spoiler:judn5e7a] [spoiler:judn5e7a]THE ONLY DREAM WE EVER SHARED WAS A NIGHTMARE THE ONLY BEING YOU EVER CARED ABOUT WAS YOURSELF THIS WAR WAS LOST BEFORE IT BEGAN I`LL PULL MY FAIL-SAFE, LAUNCH MY PLAN AND ONCE THE DUST SETTLES YOU WISH YOU WOULD BE?[/spoiler:judn5e7a] I could find more lol

Re: Best lines One of my favorite lines: For What It's Worth - Stick To Your Guns we have so much more to give.. we are the alternative and our voices will rise in unison.. we have yet to begin and we cant let ourselves wear thin and for what its worth our resolve will not see its end.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Best lines Well, lyrics are important to me so I've got a buttload. First, Evergrey's 'Obedience': And you'll despise yourself for dreaming Hate yourself for believing Lie to yourself in obedience For how long will it be this dark? The light's been gone since ever How are we supposed to carry on? Are we here forever? Then, Symphony X's 'Set the World On Fire' represents (very well) the depiction of Satan by John Milton. I will forsake you Destroy and unmake you With all my might, I will take you down There's no turning back Falling deep into the sweet collapsing black Fly with me - forever higher And with these wings, We'll Set the World on Fire Fly with me - through scorching skies You and I - The Lie of Lies Voyager represents the postmodern spirit of our age very well in their song 'Lost': I am lost in this world of sensation I am lost in the overflow I am lost in the information I am lost so I'm laying low Delain's 'Frozen'...well, the whole song has great lyrics. So does Redemption's 'The Death of Faith and Reason'. Aletheian, in the meantime, almost always writes good, thoughtful lines. But my favorite is probably Threshold's 'Long Way Home'. I can relate very strongly to multiple aspects of that song. http://www.elyrics.net/read/t/threshold-lyrics/long-way-home-lyrics.html The guy who copied these lyrics has lousy punctuation skill, but hopefully the idea will come across.

Re: Best lines one of my favorites comes from a band called The Dear Hunter. Song entitled, Dear Ms. Leading Dear ms leading I hate to tell you that I no longer need your services The bitter fabricating manufacturer of lust You have been presented as Doesn't do a thing for me I now know your identity A black widow who tempts her prey with promises of lust If ignorance is bliss wish I were blissfully ignorant but i'm not I'm enlightened now, light has been presented to me In spite of you. truly great song :)

Re: Best lines

one of my favorites comes from a band called The Dear Hunter. Song entitled, Dear Ms. Leading Dear ms leading I hate to tell you that I no longer need your services The bitter fabricating manufacturer of lust You have been presented as Doesn't do a thing for me I now know your identity A black widow who tempts her prey with promises of lust If ignorance is bliss wish I were blissfully ignorant but i'm not I'm enlightened now, light has been presented to me In spite of you. truly great song :)
Those are fantastic lyrics. Threshold wrote something like that: Show me the door, cause I’ve been here before, Always I fall for your favor. How can I mean to be part of your scene, It’s time to get out while I’m able. Sometimes you only find your feet, When you’re walking away… So open up the door, And get me out of here, I won’t be back for more, This isn’t the future, So watch me disappear!

Re: Best lines ahaah yeah thats awesome :) dear hunter always have amazing lyrics :) like this little part of The Procession She's inanimate bloodless elegance fatal fascination breeds a bloom of misery helpless hiding tongues bathed in revulsion her lies unfinished beauty wilting premature but we cant be too sure no we cant be too sure

• 2 months later...

Re: Best lines "When the hourglass seems out of sand And nothingness seems close at hand You'll remember all you really had And it brings things into focus" Then at the end of the song, "But the hourglass seems out of sand And nothingness seems close at hand And I think of all I really had And I want it back in focus" This is from Redemption's song 'Focus'. All through the song Nick Van Dyk (who wrote the lyrics) is debating what to do with the little time he has left, balancing crass selfishness with the inevitable regret he knows he will suffer if he remains complacent. These two quotes serve as bookends to the song, opening the dilemma and then ending with a sort of cliffhanger.

Re: Best lines had two lines from the same song that I couldn't decide on so I'll just post 'em both "Distorted figures walk the street, it's 1989 Weeds once underneath your feet have grown to vines Bodies melting like a candle, land without a face No time to change your fate, no time left, it's too late" "The arsenal of megadeth can't be rid they said And when it comes the living will envy the dead Racing for power, and all come in last" - Megadeth - Set The World Afire

Re: Best lines The sea of my loneliness It needs to have a sky To go with my story I also need to have your words Like a king has his moon A queen has her sun To make the song go on - Amorphis / You I Need Those people who tell you not to take chances They are all missing on what life is about You only live once so take hold of the chance Don't end up like others the same song and dance Motorbreath It's how I live my life - Metallica When you appear as an angel Look at me now, losing my way. Could you ever kill the pain in my heart Even though they say angels don't kill? - Children of bodom / Angels Don't Kill My blood flows cold as streams of the North We'll never let them take our souls The calling of the howling wind is raging in the North Creations of ice, rising mighty into the skies and Treacherous Gods shall fall - Ensiferum / Treacherous Gods