What Are You Listening To?

khaos

I've only heard Muistumia. I'll have check out Pirut and their other ones. Do you like this album?
Having just listened to Muistumia I have to say Pirut is weaker. I downloaded Pirut on a whim on a "pay what you want" BC deal but never really got chance to listen in full as it is in effect one song broken up over 8 tracks but when you sit and listen to the whole it works really well. Muistumia is brilliant - only just read that it is almost a "best of" from earlier recorded material - it's so beautiful yet simmers with an edge of aggressive passion at the same time. Far too much to take in after one listen but I am going to download and transfer straight to my phone for my week ahead on the train, trams and in hotels so I can spend some quality time with it. NP: Spectral Lore "III" - (check this out too Mere - atmospheric BM with some Post notes to boot).

Having just listened to Muistumia I have to say Pirut is weaker. I downloaded Pirut on a whim on a "pay what you want" BC deal but never really got chance to listen in full as it is in effect one song broken up over 8 tracks but when you sit and listen to the whole it works really well. Muistumia is brilliant - only just read that it is almost a "best of" from earlier recorded material - it's so beautiful yet simmers with an edge of aggressive passion at the same time. Far too much to take in after one listen but I am going to download and transfer straight to my phone for my week ahead on the train, trams and in hotels so I can spend some quality time with it. NP: Spectral Lore "III" - (check this out too Mere - atmospheric BM with some Post notes to boot).
it is beautiful and agree that it deserves more than a once through, I listened to it 3x's in a row and enjoyed it more each time. I also read that its a compilation of earlier stuff but that was no matter to me because this was the first I've heard them. I'm still going to check out their other stuff out of curiosity. On a side note, @ somewhere around 47:00 I swear he says something about a mayonaisse suit. I know it's in Russian but still....lol I'll def give Spectral Lore a listen, thanks :)

it is beautiful and agree that it deserves more than a once through, I listened to it 3x's in a row and enjoyed it more each time. I also read that its a compilation of earlier stuff but that was no matter to me because this was the first I've heard them. I'm still going to check out their other stuff out of curiosity. On a side note, @ somewhere around 47:00 I swear he says something about a mayonaisse suit. I know it's in Russian but still....lol I'll def give Spectral Lore a listen, thanks :)
I keep my mayo suit for special occasions only nowadays. Mind you my days of heavy salad parties are well behind me!

Everything Mirrorthrone has done is worth owning. I'd say his work keeps improving as well.
I'm not sure, Gangrene was a mixed bag in my opinion. It was still great, but there were one or two tracks that were a little boring. Of course boring by Mirrorthrone standards is still great, but I do think Carriers of Dust was better. As for his other stuff...I've not heard Unholy Matrimony but I have heard Weeping Birth and I didn't think all that much of that material. Maybe my expectations were too high, but it really didn't have much of the terrifying brilliance that Cochet continues to convey in Mirrorthrone.

I'm not sure, Gangrene was a mixed bag in my opinion. It was still great, but there were one or two tracks that were a little boring. Of course boring by Mirrorthrone standards is still great, but I do think Carriers of Dust was better. As for his other stuff...I've not heard Unholy Matrimony but I have heard Weeping Birth and I didn't think all that much of that material. Maybe my expectations were too high, but it really didn't have much of the terrifying brilliance that Cochet continues to convey in Mirrorthrone.
I prefer Gangrene over Carriers. It's been a while since I've heard them, but I believe Carriers had a much more direct approach compared to the plodding atmospheres of Gangrene. To each his favorite, I guess. I wonder when if he's working on a new release, it's been a while...

I prefer Gangrene over Carriers. It's been a while since I've heard them' date=' but I believe Carriers had a much more direct approach compared to the plodding atmospheres of Gangrene. To each his favorite, I guess. I wonder when if he's working on a new release, it's been a while...[/quote'] I do tend to like busier music, being a prog fan, but I seem to recall Carriers sounding grander whereas Gangrene had such points but didn't exploit them as much. I also seem to recall some tracks on Gangrene being somewhat more structurally repetitive to a noticeable but certainly not grievous extent.

I do tend to like busier music' date=' being a prog fan, but I seem to recall Carriers sounding grander whereas Gangrene had such points but didn't exploit them as much. I also seem to recall some tracks on Gangrene being somewhat more structurally repetitive to a noticeable but certainly not grievous extent.[/quote'] I'll start a Mirrorthrone listening streak after work tomorrow. Carriers did have some moments of grandeur, but I think it was mainly caused by the choice of instrumentation. When looking at instrumental quality though, I'd say Gangrene is more interesting. Anyway, I'll look into it tomorrow. It's late, so I won't be able to listen to both in a row and I certainly can't pay enough attention to detail at this hour :P