What Are You Listening To?

khaos

CAIRN - As for Dragons. Short and sweet.

ASUNOJOKEI- Wishes

ASUNOJOKEI - Awakening. It seems no one here shares my love of this band. Well, you're wrong and unworthy.

INANNA - Void of Unending Depths. A void has no depth, or breadth nor any other attributes since it is void of attributes, because it's fucking void, innit? But this is a damn fine album.     

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

ASUNOJOKEI - Awakening. It seems no one here shares my love of this band. Well, you're wrong and unworthy.

INANNA - Void of Unending Depths. A void has no depth, or breadth nor any other attributes since it is void of attributes, because it's fucking void, innit? But this is a damn fine album.     

Hard to love a band that elevates black metal to such a level that only intellectual elites, the illuminati and BMW drivers are equipped to truly appreciate it, while us regular people down here can't even hardly recognize it as black metal anymore. Once you've taken the edge off it, you can't cut nothin' with it no more, ya see what I'm sayin' Docarooni?

And despite your assertations to the contrary, a void is not inherently endless or dimensionless or infinite. I suppose one could be, but a void can be finite and have specific dimensions such as length and depth and breadth. The word just means an empty space, and empty spaces come in different sizes. Case in point I direct you to the void between the Victorian farmer's floppy ears.     

Soulless Exhaustion - Tales of Terror and Fear, rbm Norway 2022       

6 hours ago, AlSymerz said:

I'll give it a go later and see what I think. I know everyone really cares what I think and getting a good review from me shapes people's lives.

Yep. People care about what you think about as much as they care what I think.😉You won't like it. Try the Inanna instead.

2 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Case in point I direct you to the void between the Victorian farmer's floppy ears.     

That's not a void. You can argue it is empty space if you like (I wouldn't be so rude), but empty space is still space -  it has dimensions. A void is void of all attributes including dimension.

Once you've taken the edge off it, you can't cut nothin' with it no more, ya see what I'm sayin' Docarooni?

Not every blade needs to cut. The very 'bladeness' is such that no-cutting and cutting become indistinguishable.

8 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Yep. People care about what you think about as much as they care what I think.😉You won't like it. Try the Inanna instead.

I'm sure we're the only two people in the world who have that effect on others.

I didn't hate it, but I did much prefer the fit of Haunter.

NP: Slayer - Reign In Blood

15 hours ago, Thatguy said:

That's not a void. You can argue it is empty space if you like (I wouldn't be so rude), but empty space is still space -  it has dimensions. A void is void of all attributes including dimension.

Not every blade needs to cut. The very 'bladeness' is such that no-cutting and cutting become indistinguishable.

Well then it seems those kooky Americans must have corrupted the word void, because that's how it's used over here. A void can be any empty space, like if you have a tooth pulled this leaves a void where it used to be. A void with very specific dimensions. When someone close to you dies it leaves a void in your life. That kind of void would be a bit harder to measure, but I don't think it would be infinite. Void can also be used to mean the nothingness of space, but some scientists believe that our ever expanding universe actually has an outer edge where it ends. So technically even that void could theoretically have dimensions, even if we have no way to measure them at  present. For me the problem with the universe being finite is how would one distinguish the void of outer space within our universe from the void beyond the boundaries of the known universe? But in conclusion I would suggest that the one lone attribute a void could possess would be dimension.

Your blade response has flown right over me head. I have read it over several time but still have no idea what that's supposed to mean. I'm hung up on the part where you said "the very 'bladeness' is such that." But then I'm not a university graduate, there are clearly many things I don't understand, not just dissonance, atonality and odd time signatures. I would only point out that when we talk about the different types of blades, some cutting and some not (shoulder blades?) the black metal blade is one that's meant to cut. In fact it could be argued that as with most blades, its primary function is to cut.

NP: Knife - The Eye of Infernal Wisdom, Finland 2021

Black Knife - Murder Season, Kentucky 2021

Yacopsae - Tanz, Grosny, Tanz

Pummeling grindcore

9 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Cancer - Death Shall Rise (1991)

One of my favourite death metal albums of all time.  

13 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Agressor - Neverending Destiny (1990)

I actually have an original record of this one.

Not a bad album even if it's not entirely original.

Well then it seems those kooky Americans must have corrupted the word void, because that's how it's used over here.

It's not cultural. Most of those examples would be the usage here, but I insist that my concept of void is correct. 😉

Your blade response has flown right over me head

Also, 😉

Knowing that blades exist is sometimes enough.

NP - FRENCH, FRITH, KAISER & THOMPSON - Live, Love, Larf & Loaf. The good life.

1 hour ago, Dead1 said:

Yacopsae - Tanz, Grosny, Tanz

Pummeling grindcore

One of my favourite death metal albums of all time. (Death Shall Rise)

I actually have an original record of this one. (Neverending Destiny)

Not a bad album even if it's not entirely original.

Agreed on those two death metal albums, particularly DSR, but man that Yacøpsæ album is some primo powerviolence. Sounds a bit like a lot of the punky black metal and blackened crust I listen to as well during some of the slower parts (or slighty less fast parts maybe I should say) so that makes it doubly appealing. I want this but it seems all Bandcamp has for sale are 3 vinyl versions, no digital not even cd.

Inane trivia: Yacøpsæ was founded in 1990 in the cultural environment of the local Hamburg Germany punk and squatting scene. The band name refers to the family name ("Jakobs") of the former singer of local band The DDL's.

Yacøpsæ live at Saint Vitus Bar Brooklyn NY, May 26, 2016

59 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

It's not cultural. Most of those examples would be the usage here, but I insist that my concept of void is correct. 😉

Knowing that blades exist is sometimes enough.

NP - FRENCH, FRITH, KAISER & THOMPSONLive, Love, Larf & Loaf. The good life.

You're a stubborn bastard Doc Holiday. I think that could be why I like you so much.

I can't argue with knowing that blades exist can sometimes be enough. I don't need to wait until my shoes are filling up with blood.

Also can you believe this was as recently as 1981?

Zorro: The Gay Blade (1981) - IMDb

Is that FFK&T record (1987) one of the ones you've kept from your previous life back before you converted to metallicism? You forgot to add your trademark "you won't like it." Actually I shouldn't say that, after a rocky start with the goofy songs at the beginning of this record, I'm kind of enjoying track 6 Drowned Dog Black Night. Shit I'm halfway to the end of this thing already, I might even make it all the way! The Surfin' USA cover is fucking hilarious! I know I'll never hear this again though.

French Frith Kaiser Thompson – Live, Love, Larf & Loaf CD 2008 - купить  CD-диск в интернет магазине

Drowned Dog Black Night

Surfin' USA

Helloween - Walls of Jericho (1985)

When I was a teenager, I listened to a show on the radio that played hard rock. One day a week, a French journalist by the name of Phil Pestilence would come into the studios and suggest extreme metal records for the time.

It's thanks to him that I discovered a lot of bands that I didn't know, through one or more tracks. In the lot, there were Screams Behind the Shadows (Sepultura), Flag of Hate (Kreator, from the mini-LP), Berserker (Viking), Master of Puppets (from whoever you know) and also this album from Helloween.