What Are You Listening To?

khaos

24 minutes ago, Hungarino said:

NETHER HOLLOW OF NO RETURN | OLDSKULL | inhuman assault (bandcamp.com)

Also, a new release fwiw. Need to find that thread, I am horrible at navigating these parts.

Not for nuthin' man but if you came by more often and posted in the new release thread it wouldn't get buried and fall off the first page of the activity thing so fast. Just sayin'...

Yeah that Oldskull NHoNR is deffo one of the 2 or 3 best dm albums I've heard this year. I'd probably play it a lot more if I wasn't so obsessed with black metal.

5 hours ago, Sheol said:

I bought Shining's albums 1-4 on CD a while back, so I've been revisiting them and they hold up surprisingly well, despite some unintentionally comedic vocal acrobatics from Kvarforth. Right now I'm enjoying VII - Född Förlorare.

I stopped after V - Halmstad (for no particular reason) but I do recall especially liking the third and fourth one. Maybe I should catch back up with them. Kvalforth is a ridiculous guy. Did you ever get into Skitliv?

4 minutes ago, Hungarino said:

Thanks guys, I bookmarked it too just in case. I like that ad I think it Progressive insurance that guy who tells you when you are turning into your parents...sometimes that's me. You woke up early...no one cares haha

I always wonder if everyone gets shown the same ads on a given video or if everyone gets different ones tailored specifically for them by what they've been talking about or searching for lately. Big Brother is watching. Not sure but I think I'd probably get different ads if I were to search for the same video 3 or 4 days in a row. All I do know for sure is that I am damn glad the election is over and I don't have to skip all these annoying Tronald Dump ads.

On 4/12/2019 at 5:50 PM, FatherAlabaster said:

Maybe worth changing your name from "Deathman" to "Indieman"?

Nice Melvins pick BTW, that's my favorite of theirs.

Listening to Melvins makes weird things happen..

I am just randomly bouncing around old posts though, don't mind me haha

▶︎ Grotesque Ceremonium - Sanctum of Demoniac Deviance | grotesque ceremonium (bandcamp.com)

I totally missed this one from last year. These guys crush

1 hour ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

I always wonder if everyone gets shown the same ads on a given video or if everyone gets different ones tailored specifically for them by what they've been talking about or searching for lately. Big Brother is watching. Not sure but I think I'd probably get different ads if I were to search for the same video 3 or 4 days in a row. All I do know for sure is that I am damn glad the election is over and I don't have to skip all these annoying Tronald Dump ads.

What bothers me the most is when I'll have a real life conversation about something - no phone involved - and then I'll start seeing a ton of ads for related stuff afterwards. BUY THIS NRA DUFFEL BAG, ASK YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT THIS TERMINAL ILLNESS, THESE BOOTS ARE GREAT, etc etc. 

____

NP: not sure. I like that Pestilength record but let's be real - I'm having a beer on the balcony, the sun is shining, I'm being towered over by large trees with a bunch of nice new green leaves, the breeze is cool and relaxing, and I'm on my own for the afternoon. Gutter filth doesn't really fit the mood. Kind of at a loss here.

Let's try Schoenberg - Verklärte Nacht

7 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Just looked it up out of curiosity, Google maps tells me it's 150 miles, about 2:30 driving time each way. Not a bad drive at all imo. Pennsylvania is a beautiful state, hilly and heavily forrested, as is western Maryland where Marky Mark resides. Nice warm sunny day today, perfect day for a nice long drive. Wish I had somewhere 150 miles away to go, I'm always up for a road trip. 

P6076096-e1580313976536.jpg

That's right fellas, whitewater paddling is an addiction. The power of surging water, careening towards rocks, boulders and falls; the fear of danger,  adrenaline, surfing, drops, V-shaped holes, it scares the shit out of you, you survive and you go back for more punishment. It's a whitewater thang, (if you haven't experienced it), you wouldn't understand. 

The D.C.-Baltimore greater metro area is one of the great paddling communities in the U.S. The U.S. Olympic team trains here. Now, our WW team is not great, cause we put all our money in big pro sports-but regardless, we've got the Potomac river which is an amazing river in my backyard. The Potomac feeds into the Chesapeake Bay which offers limitless paddling (sea kayaking) and within 2-5 hours driver you've got a slew of great rivers in Western Maryland, West Virginia (yes, the banjos are playing) and Pennsylvania-The mighty youghiogheny, The Cheat, The Savage, The New, the Gaulley-I could go on. You may have gone WW rafting, but paddling your own craft, navigating consequences, taking your life in your own hands-it's an amazing feeling.

So yes, about 2.5 hours each way-paddled from about 11-5 and back home. 

Grab a handful of metal discs and hit the road!

Motorhead/ Ace of Spades

Alterage/Succumb-This one surprised me-in a good way

5 hours ago, markm said:

That's right fellas, whitewater paddling is an addiction. The power of surging water, careening towards rocks, boulders and falls; the fear of danger,  adrenaline, surfing, drops, V-shaped holes, it scares the shit out of you, you survive and you go back for more punishment. It's a whitewater thang, (if you haven't experienced it), you wouldn't understand.

I can totally understand the thrill, even if it's not something I've ever felt drawn to myself. Probably because I'm a pretty lousy swimmer.

But to me 2.5 hrs of driving is still quite a lot. I can barely keep awake driving for 1 hr, don't know how you do it. Taking 2-3 hr day trips seem quite normal in USA, probably because the country is so fucking huge.

11 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

I stopped after V - Halmstad (for no particular reason) but I do recall especially liking the third and fourth one. Maybe I should catch back up with them. Kvalforth is a ridiculous guy. Did you ever get into Skitliv?

VII is the last album I truly loved, IX was pretty good, but their schtick get kind of old after a while.

No I never liked it, it just felt halfassed. I've never been a huge fan of Maniac either, so that probably plays a part.

2 hours ago, Sheol said:

But to me 2.5 hrs of driving is still quite a lot. I can barely keep awake driving for 1 hr, don't know how you do it. Taking 2-3 hr day trips seem quite normal in USA, probably because the country is so fucking huge.

In some of our larger cities there's so much traffic it can sometimes take you 2 or 3 hours just to get to or home from work if you live in the outer suburbs. The pandemic changed that briefly last year but it didn't last long, the traffic came back as bad as ever.  This is why Americans are so in love with our cars, we spend so much time in them.

NP:

Blut Aus Nord - Hallucinogen

5 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

In some of our larger cities there's so much traffic it can sometimes take you 2 or 3 hours just to get to or home from work if you live in the outer suburbs. The pandemic changed that briefly last year but it didn't last long, the traffic came back as bad as ever.  This is why Americans are so in love with our cars, we spend so much time in them.

NGL, that sounds absolutely nightmarish. That's a lot of hours per day you're never getting back.

This is probably one of my favorite acoustic albums, and definitely my favorite live album by Katatonia.