Jump to content

What Are You Listening To?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • FatherAlabaster

    6246

  • MacabreEternal

    3860

  • RelentlessOblivion

    3078

  • ReturntoCarthage

    2703

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Death - Human

Sodom - Persecution Mania

Sodom - Persecution Mania

Posted Images

Baphomet - The Dead Shall Inherit

God I love this album.

If anyone hasn't heard Deliver Me Unto Pain by Banished, that is also recommended - same band, some of the same tracks, recorded later under a different name; also great.

I really want the Death In The Beginning aka Inheritors Of The Dead - a Baphomet demo recordings CD - again, featuring some of the same tracks. I am yet to find a copy, though :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thrashman said:

Baphomet - The Dead Shall Inherit

God I love this album.

If anyone hasn't heard Deliver Me Unto Pain by Banished, that is also recommended - same band, some of the same tracks, recorded later under a different name; also great.

I really want the Death In The Beginning aka Inheritors Of The Dead - a Baphomet demo recordings CD - again, featuring some of the same tracks. I am yet to find a copy, though :(

Is the album art ( I assume its the cover art I found on the YouTube listing for Banished) done by the comic book artist Tim Vigil?  Vigil did the incredible horror title Faust.  It looks like a Vigil piece.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Deadbydawn said:

Is the album art ( I assume its the cover art I found on the YouTube listing for Banished) done by the comic book artist Tim Vigil?  Vigil did the incredible horror title Faust.  It looks like a Vigil piece.

No idea, sorry! I absolutely love the Baphomet cover (don't know who that's by either, but it really does it for me) ...but I always found the Banished one to be a little silly. Art is so subjective though eh. But yeah, for my money this is definitely where it's at.

thedeadshallinherit.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thrashman said:

No idea, sorry! I absolutely love the Baphomet cover (don't know who that's by either, but it really does it for me) ...but I always found the Banished one to be a little silly. Art is so subjective though eh. But yeah, for my money this is definitely where it's at.

thedeadshallinherit.jpg

Agreed--- really cool cover for this album

I've been listening to Neurosis' first album " Pain Of Mind" a lot lately and if anybody here are fsns of the band---- do you like Psin Of Mind?  Its very different compared to the later metal stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, "Ten" is an amazing album. I never listen to it anymore but it's pretty much inscribed on my bones from when I was younger.

NP: Enslaved - E

17 hours ago, Deadbydawn said:

Agreed--- really cool cover for this album

I've been listening to Neurosis' first album " Pain Of Mind" a lot lately and if anybody here are fsns of the band---- do you like Psin Of Mind?  Its very different compared to the later metal stuff.

Actually never listened to this one. I'm a fan of "Times Of Grace", "A Sun That Never Sets", and a couple other things I've heard from them, but never sought out anything earlier than "Enemy Of The Sun". What's it like?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Paradise Lost - Icon 

I typically go right for Draconian Times but Icon has some great classics on it, even if it's sort of front-loaded and begins to drag halfway through. Love the guitar work. You can really hear that this is where the groundwork for Draconian Times was laid. Can't get enough of that clean tone on "Remembrance", damn.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Paradise Lost - Icon  I typically go right for Draconian Times but Icon has some great classics on it, even if it's sort of front-loaded and begins to drag halfway through. Love the guitar work. You can really hear that this is where the groundwork for Draconian Times was laid. Can't get enough of that clean tone on "Remembrance", damn.    

 

  One of the Top 5 albums of all time for me. Amazing. So glad you mentioned Remembrance. Do you remember life now ?!!

 

Forging Sympathy gets the nod as my fave all time Paradise Lost song for ever and ever.

 

 

New Sodom single.   

 

  

Love it. Listened 4-5 times today already; and new Stormwarrior song too.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Join Metal Forum

    joinus-home.jpg

  • Our picks

    • Whichever tier of thrash metal you consigned Sacred Reich back in the 80's/90's they still had their moments.  "Ignorance" & "Surf Nicaragura" did a great job of establishing the band, whereas "The American Way" just got a little to comfortable and accessible (the title track grates nowadays) for my ears.  A couple more records better left forgotten about and then nothing for twenty three years.  2019 alone has now seen three releases from Phil Rind and co.  A live EP, a split EP with Iron Reagan and now a full length.

      Notable addition to the ranks for the current throng of releases is former Machine Head sticksman, Dave McClean.  Love or hate Machine Head, McClean is a more than capable drummer and his presence here is felt from the off with the opening and title track kicking things off with some real gusto.  'Divide & Conquer' and 'Salvation' muddle along nicely, never quite reaching any quality that would make my balls tingle but comfortable enough.  The looming build to 'Manifest Reality' delivers a real punch when the song starts proper.  Frenzied riffs and drums with shots of lead work to hold the interest.


      There's a problem already though (I know, I am such a fucking mood hoover).  I don't like Phil's vocals.  I never had if I am being honest.  The aggression to them seems a little forced even when they are at their best on tracks like 'Manifest Reality'.  When he tries to sing it just feels weak though ('Salvation') and tracks lose real punch.  Give him a riffy number such as 'Killing Machine' and he is fine with the Reich engine (probably a poor choice of phrase) up in sixth gear.  For every thrashy riff there's a fair share of rock edged, local bar act rhythm aplenty too.

      Let's not poo-poo proceedings though, because overall I actually enjoy "Awakening".  It is stacked full of catchy riffs that are sticky on the old ears.  Whilst not as raw as perhaps the - brilliant - artwork suggests with its black and white, tattoo flash sheet style design it is enjoyable enough.  Yes, 'Death Valley' & 'Something to Believe' have no place here, saved only by Arnett and Radziwill's lead work but 'Revolution' is a fucking 80's thrash heyday throwback to the extent that if you turn the TV on during it you might catch a new episode of Cheers!

      3/5
      • Reputation Points

      • 3 replies
    • I
      • Reputation Points

      • 1 reply
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/52-vltimas-something-wicked-marches-in/
      • Reputation Points

      • 3 replies
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/50-queensryche-the-verdict/
      • Reputation Points

      • 0 replies

    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/48-candlemass-the-door-to-doom/
      • Reputation Points

      • 1 reply
×
×
  • Create New...