What Are You Listening To?

khaos

On 3/1/2023 at 8:06 PM, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Converge - Axe to Fall, Salem Mass 2009. This album was my intro to the band, and I've gotta say 14 years later it's not nearly as bad as I remembered it. Still not a purchase, but I would be willing to say I found it enjoyable in spots.

Mine too,  except I like it a good deal more than you. That album helped me embrace hardcore and metal. Great album. 

On 3/1/2023 at 4:47 AM, Thatguy said:

And don't forget, kiddies, the new Enslaved is out on Friday.

So I see it's almost 2pm in Canberra, where's Doc been today? He must be down at the shops queuing for his autographed copy of the new Enslaved. 

Aeternus - Beyond the Wandering Moon, Norway 1997

Aeternus - ...and So the Night Became 1998, infinitely better than Enslaved.

24 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

I know it makes absolutely no sense, but I actually really love that album. NGL the vocals did put me off at first...for about two minutes, then I fell in love with them. I've honestly given up trying to understand why I do or don't like stuff. I just go with whatever makes me feel good in the moment.

Well there you go!

I had to do a double take and check it was the same Discharge!

24 minutes ago, markm said:

Mine too,  except I like it a good deal more than you. That album helped me embrace hardcore and metal. Great album. 

I'm pretty sure this was the album that really cast its spell over me and began my love affair with the marriage of extreme metal and hardcore. T'was a reco from Marko many years ago that put me on the path to crust nirvana.

Stormcrow - Enslaved In Darkness, 2005

28 minutes ago, MarkhantonioYeatts said:

SHA NA NA - Walk Don't Run

THE BEACH BOYS - Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

...fucking classic......

My old man loved Bowser and Sha Na Na. I can remember watching their show on TV with him as a kid in the 70's and wondering how it came to be that my dad could possibly like something cool. He informed me that Mr Bauman was not really a greaser in real life, but had been a child prodigy on the piano and had attended Julliard.

I'd never heard the Beach Boys sing that song before, might be the best thing I've ever heard them do.

Morphetik - Proclamation of War, Swedish thrash

1 hour ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

So I see it's almost 2pm in Canberra, where's Doc been today? He must be down at the shops queuing for his autographed copy of the new Enslaved.

Rugby starts this weekend, he's probably rushing to Sydney for an Ed Sheeran concert.

Mechanix - New World Underground

21 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

My old man loved Bowser and Sha Na Na. I can remember watching their show on TV with him as a kid in the 70's and wondering how it came to be that my dad could possibly like something cool. He informed me that Mr Bauman was not really a greaser in real life, but had been a child prodigy on the piano and had attended Julliard.

I'd never heard the Beach Boys sing that song before, might be the best thing I've ever heard them do.

Morphetik - Proclamation of War, Swedish thrash

.....no SHA NA NA....no RAMONES......

SHA NA NA - Rock And Roll Is Here To Stay

SHA NA NA - Rama Lama Ding Dong

2 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

I took my wife out for lunch.

I'm about to hit Bandcamp. Sad because the Eels choked, panicked and lost their first game of the season last night. It wasn't the first time and won't be the last.

Oh, and fuck youse all.

Too late now to care about Enslaved, or the Eels, or AFL pooftas, or even Sha Na Na, I've disappeared down The Cramps rabbit hole. It's a crime they were never bigger than they were. But maybe being a semi-unknown small-time R&R band with a loyal cult following until the bitter end was part of their charm and appeal.

The Cramps - Dutch TV special 1990

The Cramps - Flamejob, 1994

22 minutes ago, AlSymerz said:

wonderful golden point game!"

Golden point is an abomination. No winner after 80 minutes of blood sweat and tears = a draw and it should be a point each. I will never change my mind.

8 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

The Cramps - Dutch TV special 1990

He looks uncomfortable.

8 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

The Cramps - Flamejob, 1994

So does she.

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Golden point is an abomination. No winner after 80 minutes of blood sweat and tears = a draw and it should be a point each. I will never change my mind.

No one in their right mind would dare try to make you change your mind, you're too hard arse for that!! But fact is Melbourne won and I didn't see any choking or panicking from either team, I just saw a good game which had to have a winner and that winner wasn't the Eels.

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

He looks uncomfortable.

So does she.

What'd be worse is if they went to sudden death and played 10 more minutes and neither team scored. Ties are bullshit. I reckon it's better to have a clear winner and loser. 

Not a Cramps fan Doc? I'm shocked! Haha...best husband and wife team in all of rock & roll. Until Lux carked it in '09 anyway.

Lux Interior, 62, Dies; Lead Singer of the Punk Band the Cramps - The New  York Times

13 hours ago, AlSymerz said:

The only difference between Lars and a drum machine these days is that drum machine can change beats.

🤣

7 hours ago, Dead1 said:

Death - Scream Bloody Gore

In a very 1980s mood today.

Thanx for idea !

Death - Scream Bloody Gore (1987)

Death - The Sound of Perseverance (1998)

Dark Angel - We Have Arrived (1985)