What Are You Listening To?

khaos

28 minutes ago, SurgicalBrute said:

That has something to do with google photo and logging out of my google account...I just didn't care enough anymore to give a shit

I used to use Photobucket but then they went paid, which wasn't worth it to me. Imgur has been reliable for the past few years. I also use my own website to host art images since it's mostly up there anyway. 

Currently:

Miles Davis - Jack Johnson

Miles Davis - Sketches Of Spain  ...but I'm gonna have to switch that up because the (new?) upstairs neighbor is listening to some bumpy shit that's killing the vibe. 

Ok man, I get it, you like bass. Too bad for both of us I suppose.

Sarcofago - INRI

Checking out some some 2022 dark rock from Meat Mead Metal that I don't hate:

Crippled Black Phoenix/Banefyre -this is pretty cool-looks like an interesting project.

Walin Storms/The Silver Snake Unfolds

Need to listen to that Misþyrming album Zach posted. I see it's available to stream on Bandcamp now. 

Hanoi Rocks - Two Steps From The Move

This came up with the guys today with my good buddy stating he had no idea who they were and heard them on XM. Thought it was great. It's exceedingly rare he recommends anything much less that strongly. Keep in mind 2 things. 1) I would actually die for this guy. One of my closest friends. His music tastes are slightly less goaty than mine but essentially the same 2) he's the biggest KISS fan I know. So, I checked it out. I mean he just won $20 from me this summer over a hair metal debate (who was the best - I said Ratt, he said Dokken. Challenged me to a first 4 album listen-off, and well I paid up). I wouldn't be had again, but that MFer got me. This is the worst 80's crappy KISS imitation I can imagine. Just awful. Can't believe I just wasted part of my weekend on it. I feel dirty, like long hot shower dirty. Reminds me of the time I recommended "The Crying Game" to my red-blooded, meat and potatoes, John Wayne loving, 'murican grandfather as the best movie I'd ever seen. Needless to say he didn't speak to me for a month. Maybe it's karmic retribution.

Huh. One of my good friends here swears by Ratt. Seems to have a lower opinion of Dokken. He's also frequently wrong and changes his mind a lot though. I don't listen to either band but maybe I should so we can argue about it, that sounds like a good time.

Finished up Sketches, fuck you neighbors. NP: Tigran Hamasyan - Luys I Luso. Rainy night music.

32 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Huh. One of my good friends here swears by Ratt. Seems to have a lower opinion of Dokken. He's also frequently wrong and changes his mind a lot though. I don't listen to either band but maybe I should so we can argue about it, that sounds like a good time.

Finished up Sketches, fuck you neighbors. NP: Tigran Hamasyan - Luys I Luso. Rainy night music.

Ratts first 2 are superior, but over a 4 album run, Dokken bests what is admittedly weak competition.

Don't think I've ever heard a Dokken album. I had the first Ratt album though. Just stop it already, they suck. If you lose a listen-off to Rokken Dokken you should probably just hang up your leather pants and spurs.

I've never bothered to check out Hanoi Rocks either, I always just assumed they probably sounded like what they looked like. But I do remember that they were the first Finnish boy band I'd ever heard about after the publicity they received from the Fince Feel vehicular manslaughter incident.

Azazel - Aegrum Satanas Tecum, 2021, speaking of Finnish boy bands...

Goatslave - Procession of Doom, black/death France 2016

3 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

If you lose a listen-off to Rokken Dokken you should probably just hang up your leather pants and spurs.

3 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

I always just assumed they probably sounded like what they looked like.

They do. I have performed my public service for the day.

You've never lost a stupid drunken bet to a buddy before? Yeah, neither band is up your alley, hell they're not even stuff I listen to but maybe once a blue moon but I can still judge the comparative quality. It's like McDonald's vs Wendy's. Both suck but Wendy's has a better menu.

2 hours ago, navybsn said:

They do. I have performed my public service for the day.

You've never lost a stupid drunken bet to a buddy before? Yeah, neither band is up your alley, hell they're not even stuff I listen to but maybe once a blue moon but I can still judge the comparative quality. It's like McDonald's vs Wendy's. Both suck but Wendy's has a better menu.

You don't have to justify yourself to me man, I've known lots of dudes over the years who've said they liked those Ratt & Dokken albums, there's no shame in that. I bought Out of the Cellar myself once upon a time, and I don't have the excuse of I was just a kid so I didn't know any better, I was 22 in March '84 when it came out, an adult who supposedly knew what he was doing. I remember liking that Wanted Man song, but I thought the rest of it basically sucked. Not sure how I managed to avoid Dokken, I'm sure I must have seen their videos on MTV once or twice, I just don't remember anything specific about them. 

I was a Motley Crue guy. They're a cliche maybe, but I still maintain they had that thumping bottom end on those first two records and based on that alone they were by far the best of all those cock rock hairspray bands. I swear, Shout at the Devil came on the radio a few weeks ago in the car and I hadn't heard it for many years. You should've seen me, I was banging my head like those dudes in the car in the Bohemian Rhapsody scene from Wayne's World.

Bohemian Rhapsody Wayne's World HD - YouTube

The one that gets me is Wasp. Why do so many otherwise sensible dudes defend Wasp? What a load of shit. My late wife was a Wasp fan, she was quite proud of her Fuck Like a Beast shirt with the buzzsaw blade on it. Now she was only born in 1984, the same year the Wasp debut came out, so she hadn't lived through it. I remember her telling me one time with a straight face what a great songwriter and lyricist Blackie was and how you could tell from his lyrics just how deeply he really understood women. I shit you not. I was like, "What??" I laughed at her and then she got mad and didn't speak to me for a few days after that. My friend Bob and I still laugh about that til this day. Wasp had probably the worst and most inane and idiotic lyrics out of any of the notable 80's hair bands. Blackie was also her celebrity crush. But of course she was hot for the young 80's Blackie, not the fat old man who's Doc's age now and looks like someone's 6'4" grandmother.

NP: Testament - The Ritual 1992

Tenebrositas - The Night the Castles Were Burned, Croatia

Diabolical Fullmoon - The Pagan Wolves Will Rise Again, Poland 2021

Zepar - Sepulchral Voice of Darkness, Finland

14 minutes ago, KillaKukumba said:

But you don't eat the menu....do you?

Only when he's skipped breakfast and worked up an appetite on the course.

UP Bargains Daily Deal – Wendy's Asiago Ranch Chicken Club Sandwich

41 minutes ago, KillaKukumba said:

We don't have Wendy's here, but apparently they are coming, so one day I might get to try such delicacies.

It's fuckin' disgusting. I was out picking up some lumber and sheetrock a month or two ago and I had the boy with me after school. He said he was hungry and had to pee (when is he not hungry and have to pee?) and there was a Wendy's on the way back. (I won't even set foot in Ronald McDonalds) So I took him in to take a whizz and get something to eat and I made the mistake of grabbing a crispy chicken sandwich (or a chicken 'burger' as you drongos would call it) for myself since I was gonna have to sit there and watch the kid eat his food anyway. I know their burgers are nasty so I figured maybe the chicken would be edible. Let's just say 2 bites in I really wished that I had waited and got some real food. You know it's gotta be bad when they can't even get it to look appetizing in the pictures. This should hold me for a couple more years til the memory of my bad experience fades, but I'm sure I'll make the same mistake again one day in the future and walk into another FF restaurant thinking maybe this time it won't be so bad.