AC/DC - What's Next To The Moon
Sanctuary - Die For My Sins
Immortal - Suns That Sank Below
Slidhr - Spit Of The Apostate
Eminem - Insane
Slidhr - Belief Burned As Insence
Immortal - Battlefields
Sanctuary - Soldiers Of Steel
Varathron - Descent of a Prophetic Vision (live)
AC/DC - Kicked In The Teeth

6 hours ago, KillaKukumba said:

If you like sad, you should listen to my accountant drone on about how selling cows is a better way to make money than buying them!!

NP: Critical Defiance - No Life Forms

Honestly, we'd all be better off not eating cows or raising them contributing to methane. There would certainly be less heart disease. That said, I do like a good beef taco from time to time-haha

8 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

I'm so glad I could amuse you Marky Mark. There's really no telling what I might be able to get into if it catches me in the right mood. For instance I'm listening to Doc's Lonely Star right now (a one woman post-black band from Watertown in upstate NY) which is not normally my thing either, but she's very talented and it's very sad (I like sad) so I think I'll sit back and enjoy this for 39 minutes. I'm interested to see how I'll react when I go back to those OMG records and/or maybe try out one of their other albums. I'm one of those people who can have very different reactions to things at different times. Don't think there's any hope of me ever digging Sumac, Converge or Cave In though. 

Well the thing I find amusing is the overt experimental, artsy meandering quality to a lot of their music that you usually say that you find annoying. Here's what I wrote at the time in our end of year wrap-ups:

2. Old Man Gloom/Seminar VIII: The Light of Being and Seminar IX: Darkness of Being-
Two pandemic albums dedicated to the passing of bassist Caleb Scofield who also worked with Cave-In. Their sound is more tilted to Cave-in’s alternative rock and post hardcore sound than Turner’s other projects a long with some expected post metal. Their previous works alternated from my limited listening between great and annoying AF.  

These weirdos specialize in experimental sludge and are tricksters. It’s not uncommon to have a track that starts out strong and then gives way to ten minutes of inane noise. Think Melvis at their most experimental and irritating.  That tendency made their last double album, The Ape of God a bit of a deal breaker for me.

Well, OMG clean that up here and mostly reign in the extended noise integrating the feedback and static in a more cohesive way with a couple of notable exceptions and offer an album of great excess-an unruly mixture of sludge, alternative, punk/hardcore and post punk. It’s a messy affair with some failed experiments but mostly awesome. Naturally, many of you will think it’s an artsy fartsy horrid affair. I do not. 

1 minute ago, markm said:

Honestly, we'd all be better off not eating cows or raising them contributing to methane. Their would certainly be less heart disease. That said, I do like a good beef taco from time to time-haha

Completely disagree with every point in this sentence. This is secular religion, methane devil bringing an apocalypse, death anxiety, eating grains and not knowing that the nutrients and goodness is in the meat, appealing to the authorities to medal with the food supply just save us from the weather. 

4 minutes ago, Sardonicist said:

Completely disagree with every point in this sentence. This is secular religion, methane devil bringing an apocalypse, death anxiety, eating grains and not knowing that the nutrients and goodness is in the meat, appealing to the authorities to medal with the food supply just save us from the weather. 

Have you ever bothered to research how much grain it takes to raise one cow? The methane produced by commercial modern factory farms is something like 14% of all man made emissions. Factory farmed red meat is a complete cluster fuck. It wouldn't have to be that way if farmers used regenerative practices from what I've read restoring nutrients to ecosystems rather than raping the land. Beef could actually be healthy if the practices were changed from using primarily corn to feed them to grass fed regenerately raised meat. I won't touch any beef that's not organic. It's poison afaic. I may as well take up smoking. 

3 hours ago, markm said:

Have you ever bothered to research how much grain it takes to raise one cow? The methane produced by commercial modern factory farms is something like 14% of all man made emissions. Factory farmed red meat is a complete cluster fuck. It wouldn't have to be that way if farmers used regenerative practices from what I've read restoring nutrients to ecosystems rather than raping the land. Beef could actually be healthy if the practices were changed from using primarily corn to feed them to grass fed regenerately raised meat. I won't touch any beef that's not organic. It's poison afaic. I may as well take up smoking. 

When I was in NZ in 2017 we stayed at my wife's aunt's house in Tauranga for a week or so after the funeral. They're in their 60's and had been very successful mom & pop dairy farmers for many years generally keeping about 250 to 300 head. But now they're retired from that and live on what's called a "lifestyle" property. So they raise beef cattle now but only about 15 head at a time, which makes it more of a hobby than an actual business. Their cattle eat nothing but thick lush grass. Aunt Maureen is impresive, she keeps it in her head exactly how long them cows can stay in each paddock until they've consumed all the grass and then need to be shooed over into the next one. They have 24 hour paddocks and 48 hour paddocks and 72 hour paddocks. By the time they run through the whole cycle and get back to the first one the grass has grown back a good 6" or 8" high. I've gotta say their cattle look big and healthy and delicious as fuck. I have to admit I have trouble believing that cow farts could be as bad as they're saying they are. What about human farts? There are only 1 billion cattle on earth at any given time, but with 8 billion of us humanoids walking around farting all day has anyone studied the long term effects of this?

I wish I could afford to switch over to only eating organic grass fed beef. I do think about this issue quite a bit actually but then when I'm in the store looking at the prices I just can't justify it. And now with inflation running as high as it is it's pretty much out of the question until I can sell this house at least. Although currently it's a moot point because without my stove hooked up I haven't been spending much time in the meat department. I eat more take out from the local combo deli/butcher shop than anything else, which I'm sure is made mostly using the cheapest shittiest dirtiest meat you can get. Their meat looks good in the case but who knows where it's been? When I do cook it's usually fish because the kid likes it and I can easily do it in the toaster oven. Or eggs, I fucking love eggs. I make Shakshuka weekly in my electric skillet as my one meal for the day and have been trying to tweak the recipe each time until I can get it just right.

But anyway I hear you about 'poison' but I figure if it's not one thing it's gonna be another. Not to sound like crazy Luxi here, but I've heard quite a bit about this carnivore diet and the unbeliveably positive results some people have had with it. 100% meat literally, 0 veg 0 carbs 0 sugar. Sounds a little crazy to the average person I know, but I mean anything that deviates from the accepted status quo sounds crazy to most people since most people are incapable of thinking outside the box. Not saying that I have any plans to go on the carnivore diet (although I'm certainly not considering giving up animal protein) just that it's a real thing studied and advocated for by actual doctors, it's not just some dumb shit Luxi made up. Keto diet, Paleo diet, low carb diet, carnivore diet they all have some overlap and I believe they all probably have some merit. I personally just couldn't keep up the super low carb thing because when you eat out so much most things you get are gonna have some carbs and the kid loves carbs so there ya go. My spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. I do try to keep them pesky carbs to a minimum and eat more protein and veggies, but I also try not to worry about this shit too much because it could drive me crazy.

I am struggling with Luxi's idea that veggies are inherently bad for us just because the ones we see at the supermarket are all relatively modern inventions if you consider what humans have been eating for the entirety of human history. I can agree with him 100% that the grains are bad for us and for years the food industry paid off the govt to claim that saturated fat was the evil culprit when there is a lot of evidence now showing that saturated fat is not nearly as bad for us as we once thought, and that grains, carbs, sugar and processed foods full of chemicals are the real culprits.

Stupid food pyramid for many years had grains and carbs as the foundation of a healthy diet on the bottom with a suggested dozen servings a day. It has since been updated several times. There's just no getting around the fact that the latest intel on what a healthy diet looks like keeps changing. Who the fuck are we supposed to believe? Seems to me that no matter what you like to eat, if you hunt around enough you will be able to come up with some 'research' or a doctor that supports your preferred diet. Confirmation bias. 

Free Vector | Healthy food pyramid chart

Food Pyramid on Sale, 65% OFF | www.otsv.de

Free Vector | Healthy eating pyramid chart

Some good point GG. I eat meat as well as beef but I avoid red meat. I do eat a lot of chicken and fish. I've been reading Mark Hayman's The Pegan Diet book. He's all over PBS. My Mom gave a big donation and got this big deluxe set of material based on his book and popular PBS programming. She gave it to me.

It's a lot of stuff you already know but the information is good. It combines the vegan principles with paleo. So meat is included, but it's not the main event. His ideas include:

• Food is medicine or poison
  • Eat the rainbow
  • 75% rule-your plate should literally be 75% non starchy vegetables 
  • Grains are not essential for humans-so eat the right kind of grains and beans-non starchy beans and only 1/2 cup of non gluten grains a day-tiny amount!
  • Eat the right kind of meat-it can be healthy but-it should not be the star of the show.
  • Be picky about eggs, poultry and fish. Low mercury fish 3x/week and some pasteurized raised poultry 
  • Healthy fats at every meat
  • Avoid dairy mostly 

1 hour ago, SurgicalBrute said:

For the record, they're pushing the Mediterranean diet these days...lower meat and dairy...primarily fish, cheese, and yogurt plus lots of veggies, fruits, and olive oil.

What's the difference between the carnivore diet and Atkins? Aren't they both just high protein diets?

Atkins Diet - Basic Principle Stages Foodmanual Advantage Disadvantage FAQs

Pin on Diet

No the carnivore diet is literally 95% meat or animal protein (including poultry, fish, eggs, animal fat) and then a little bit of dairy (cheese & yogurt) and some spices. And water I guess. No grains, fruits or veggies at all. Atkins is a more 'balanced' high protein and low carb allowing lots of fruits & veggies. 

A Quick Start Guide To Paleo Diet

Then you have the Paleo diet which was popular several years ago which is somewhat similar to the Carnivore diet with veggies added. Notice they make a distinction between tart fruits and sweet fruits. The idea is to eat things that our human ancestors would have eaten back before they invented baking bread and before they had food factories churning out their toxic sugar laden poison and chemically infused processed meats. 

HealthMatch - Why is the Mediterranean diet (still) named healthiest in  2022?

All things being equal I think I could probably be very happy on the Mediterranean diet. I love fish, veggies and all those Mediterranean flavors. I use a lot of olive oil and love to put olives in things. Not a big fan of 'snack' yogurt with fruit the way a lot of people eat it but I do enjoy Greek yogurt in sauces. If they could only deliver it to me ready to eat each evening I could probably enjoy living on the Mediterranean diet. The only problem is their recommendation of fish only 2 or 3 times a week and poultry once or twice a week and red meat only very occasionally would be tough for me. As much as I love my veggies a meal with no animal protein just feels weird to me like something's missing.

Now playing Antichrist - Sinful Birth thrash 2017. I had their first album Forbidden World and thought it was ok. But then Surge posted the newer one the other day and holy shit this one's a real banger. Will need to find a spot for this on my list. 

8 hours ago, markm said:

Honestly, we'd all be better off not eating cows or raising them contributing to methane. There would certainly be less heart disease. That said, I do like a good beef taco from time to time-hah

Thankfully that wont happen in my time, therefore someone has to buy them and fatten them up for sale so it may as well be me.

7 hours ago, markm said:

Have you ever bothered to research how much grain it takes to raise one cow?

None for my girls. They eat this green stuff that grows everywhere on the ground. During the wetter months when the green stuff doesn't grow as fast they get these big balls of the dead green stuff that was cut off the paddocks they weren't using the year before.

NP: Flotsam And Jetsam - No Place For Disgrace

1 hour ago, KillaKukumba said:

None for my girls. They eat this green stuff that grows everywhere on the ground. 

Don't you castrate them when they're still very young? So wouldn't that make them boys, at least at birth? Or are cows like transgender people who prefer to be called by their new gender after the surgery?

Armoured Angel – Angel of the Sixth Order

Gospel of the Horns - A Call to Arms

1 hour ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Don't you castrate them when they're still very young? So wouldn't that make them boys, at least at birth? Or are cows like transgender people who prefer to be called by their new gender after the surgery?

The LBGTYEDJFGFIBFFIDBFDFUDBDSPSFHFSB+ army hasn't visited my farms, and the cows don't communicate in the same language as me so I don't know what they prefer. When we do it we also castrate the boys, it's much easier!

However we don't castrate all the boys, we keep some for breeding, but generally we keep them long enough to fatten them off and make them more attractive to the young meat market. On this farm (where we live) there is one paddock with 4 bulls in it which we use for breeding, but they only see the girls once a year, the rest of the time there is always at least three paddocks between them. On our other farms it's mostly all girls, some may get serviced once a year, but generally they are not there for breeding stock, they are there for their saleability.

NP: Orange Goblin - Time Travelling Blues

20 minutes ago, KillaKukumba said:

On our other farms it's mostly all girls, some may get serviced once a year, but generally they are not there for breeding stock, they are there for their saleability.

What I was trying to ask was are the females also used for beef cattle? Because for decades I have always been under the impression that beef cattle were all steer, males that have been castrated, because they get bigger and beefier. I thought they shipped all the girls off to dairy farms to be milked or something since obviously the boys can't produce milk. Sounds like this might have been an erroneous assumption on my part. I am from New York though so clearly I know SFA about livestock and farming.

Death - Leprosy

Hypocrisy - Osculum Obscenum

No, what you say is true for some farms. Many farmers keep the females for dairy purposes, not much point milking a bull! And dairy farmers often offload the males at a young age, one to control their herd (i.e. the farmer chooses when and which cows get pregnant and to which bull), but mostly because to a dairy young boys are nuisance and not cost effective. That includes the human variety, but for different reasons!

In most cases a dairy and a beef farm are different entities, in some cases they might cross, like when a dairy farmer sells off his male stock but keeps his milkers. However in general there is less selling on a dairy farm compared to one like ours which is primarily sales only.  We are no longer set up for dairy and therefore we keep a herd of females on one farm specifically for breeding, that's a renewable source of income. Our other farms take the rest of the stock for a period of time until we sell them and different groups get kept for different times and reasons. We don't keep every female born for breeding and we also keep very few males for breeding.

We  don't exclusively sell to a butcher, It happens, like when friends ask for freezer meat, or there is something wrong with the animal. What we mostly do is sell to a market and it could be one of half a dozen different markets depending on how much we want to pay for freight. Some times factors like age, gender, heritage etc might let us know what the buyers plans are for the cows but in most cases we don't select who buys and we don't care. We just buy and sell. Buy in the young, the cheap, the ones others don't want, sell our selection. Bring home the purchase, fatten them up, offload them. Any born to our cows get the same treatment, if they aren't selected to stay they are fattened up and on sold at the markets

NP: Devastruction - Space Force One