What Are You Listening To?

khaos

12 hours ago, Sheol said:

This might be the best neofolk/folk album i've heard in a long while. Meditative, beautiful and organic.

Fields of Mildew - The complete woes

I don't think I'd call this folk, but I like it a lot. Really fits my current mood, too, I needed something this chilled out right now. Thanks for posting.

2 hours ago, Serpentboi1992 said:

Method Of Destruction U.S.A. for M.O.D. (Album)- Spirit of Metal Webzine  (en)

Marduk - Serpent Sermon | Références | Discogs

Rumble in the Concrete Jungle - Single by Smash Potater | Spotify

Smash Potater are a bit of fun, not sure they'll ever break the world with their talent or song writing ability, but fun none the less.

I also don't mind a bit of MOD but I got in a huge fight on another forum about 8 years ago because I said Billy was an idiot, although not in such polite terms, and despite being in a different country and not even knowing who I was this fan, who claimed to know Billy personally, threatened to come to my house and kill me for dissing his mate.

Bandcamp catch up time tonight-my feed and stuff I've earmarked from lists and shit to listen to....a number of these are from Surge's list and feed-

• SAVAGE NECROMANCY/FEATHERS FALL TO FLAMES-(black metal/black thrash) with titles like Baptized in the cum of the goat-you have a good idea what you're getting-but this wins tonight goat metal chicken dinner-love this shit! 
  • Tvær/Uvær (Black Metal)
  • Black Mass/Feast at the Forbidden Tree-(Black thrash/speed metal that's been touted pretty heavily as of late-pretty good afic)
  • Caprae Idolum/Samhain Ceremonies (Black Metal)-decent
  • Auld Ridge/Consanguineous Tales of Bloodshed and Treachery  (Black folkish Metal)

• Spider God/Skugglösa ljuset / Shadowless (Black metal with a fun rock and roll yet raw vibe)like this one

• Bloody Keep (campy USBM)-from our old friend Ferday
  • AZOTHYST/Blood of Dead God (Black Metal)
  • Restless Spirit/Blood of the Old Gods (doom/stoner)
  • Ceremonial Torture/Sabbath (black metal)
  • Morbbific/Ominous Seep of Putridity (Finish DM and great)-prolly gonna grab this one. 
  • Black Wound/To the Endless Depths (more OSDM)-like this throw back as well

Yeah I had totally missed Black Wound as well until I saw it on Surge's list. Good stuff.

I grabbed Savage Necromancy back in August and it's a good record but I see it as basically an Archgoat clone, and since Archgoat themselves dropped a very good album this year I saw no reason to include SN on my list.

Really need to finalize this thing and post it, I think I just have one or two more late comers to work in there somewhere, including this Coraxul, and then fetch all the album covers and I'll be done.

Coraxul - Vihavirsiä Aamunkoin, Finland 

4 hours ago, KillaKukumba said:

I also don't mind a bit of MOD but I got in a huge fight on another forum about 8 years ago because I said Billy was an idiot, although not in such polite terms, and despite being in a different country and not even knowing who I was this fan, who claimed to know Billy personally, threatened to come to my house and kill me for dissing his mate.

That's funny, the carpet guy came by the other day to measure upstairs, saw my Afterbirth hoodie and we got to talking about metal bands and the NY club scene back in the 80's & 90's. He claims he was in some club band back in the 90's with big fat Billy Milano on bass but they never recorded anything. He also informed me that Bobby Blitz lives just 12 minutes away from me in Pleasant Valley Lakes community up behind the Mixing Bowl Deli. Says he did his carpets. Says his wife is always pissed at him for blowing all his touring money on Harleys and restored 70's muscle cars. Says he has a '70 Chevelle SS black & red to die for. Small world.

25 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

That's funny, the carpet guy came by the other day to measure upstairs, saw my Afterbirth hoodie and we got to talking about metal bands and the NY club scene back in the 80's & 90's. He claims he was in some club band back in the 90's with big fat Billy Milano on bass but they never recorded anything. He also informed me that Bobby Blitz lives just 12 minutes away from me in Pleasant Valley Lakes community up behind the Mixing Bowl Deli. Says he did his carpets. Says his wife is always pissed at him for blowing all his touring money on Harleys and restored 70's muscle cars. Says he has a '70 Chevelle SS black & red to die for. Small world.

Well if he comes back make sure you don't tell him that his mate is a big fat turd with a mouth like an open sewer trap and that he should learnt to shut the F up and make music rather than mouth off.....just in case it's the same guy.

I wasn't defending Billy, he's not even on my radar. I haven't listened to that SOD album in many years and I've never had any MOD albums. I was just commenting how strange I found it that someone I hadn't even thought about in so many years would suddenly come up in conversation twice in the same week. 

Ossaert - Pelgrimsoord

Kruzifix - Inferi Occultum

On 1/10/2022 at 1:08 AM, FatherAlabaster said:

I don't think I'd call this folk, but I like it a lot. Really fits my current mood, too, I needed something this chilled out right now. Thanks for posting.

Yeah, folk isn't really the right genre. I was kind of struggling placing it. A friend suggested dark folk?

On 1/10/2022 at 1:54 AM, KillaKukumba said:

Well, you're not wrong. I think it's hilarious when people decide to death trheat people over the internet. Talk about impotent raging.

Trhä/inagape-lot of atmo-ambient black out there this, this one is not for me.

Atvm/Famine, Putrid and Fucking Endless-I've got a handful of tech/prog death albums, tech death is not my go to, really, but do like the older classic stuff. This one isn't a purchase for me, but it's quite impressive sounding, lot of different twists, great SQ, Colin Marston  mix/mastering so  you know it sounds great, you can hear every instrument. I think I've been listening to the crusty, dank OSDM too much as this sounds a little to "clean" to my ears now, but I see why people dig this. 

On 1/9/2022 at 6:54 PM, KillaKukumba said:

Smash Potater are a bit of fun, not sure they'll ever break the world with their talent or song writing ability, but fun none the less.

yeah. there are a lot of psychos on the internet 

Beherit – Drawing Down The Moon (1993, CD) - Discogs

27 minutes ago, Serpentboi1992 said:

yeah. there are a lot of psychos on the internet 

Beherit – Drawing Down The Moon (1993, CD) - Discogs

I have this pin on my nightstand. My wife fucking hates it and keeps hiding it (and I keep finding it and putting it back). It's turned into quite the game. Been going on for a few months. She's pretty tolerant of my questionable music tastes and general outlook on things of this nature, but every once in a while something strikes a nerve. As you can imagine, I'm always looking for stuff that will provoke that reaction.

Image result for beherit pin

Currently on the list of hated items:

Archgoat - Angelcunt shirt

Recluse - Stillbirth in Bethlehem shirt (wore this one on Christmas Day for bonus points)

Mercyful Fate - Nuns Have No Fun shirt

Sabbat - Disembody shirt

SATAN (band) patch

Bathory In Conspiracy with Satan patch