What Are You Listening To?

khaos

2 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

I know!! We'll have code names and walkie-talkies!! Like one of those heist movies!! You can be Space Dick and I'll be Tricky DIck. Navy can be Dick Van Dyke and Marky Mark can be Dick Cheney. If anyone else we know shows up we still have code names Dick Dale, Dick Tracey and Dick Clark available.

I actually learned to drive on my mom's maroon Nova, forget exactly what year it was, I think it was either '69 or '70. Wasn't the wagon though.

67 chevrolet nova wagon muscle car pro street hot rod pro touring 383 blown  for sale in Bayfield, Colorado, United … | Chevrolet nova, Chevy nova wagon,  Muscle cars

I love shoebox Chevy's and I love wagons. Badass Tricky Dick. Dick Van Dyke would rock the fuck outta that while blasting some Goat Penis and doing burnouts in the church parking lot.

Those late '50's Chevys are cool, Bel Airs and Corvettes and what not but my favorite Chevy of all time would have to be the 1970 Chevelle SS in black of course. It just looks so cool. You usually see white stripes on the black ones with a 454 under the hood but this updated one with the red interior and fuel injected 502 (600 HP) is fucking sweet. Problem is they want $80k for it.

136119 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle RK Motors Classic Cars and Muscle Cars for  Sale

For Sale 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle

NP: Mørketida - Panphage Mysticism

3 hours ago, KillaKukumba said:

Goats have gotten a bad rap, they aren't evil they are just stupid. Nothing evil about Nanny's, Billy's and Kid's, they are the happy families of the farm yard. They give milk, meat and fur, they were man's best friend before the dog came along. They are quiet and content with little and there is even a game called Goat Simulator proving how sweet they really are. They look after themselves, they look after the land and they stand up for each other when it comes time to cross bridges. Not an evil bone in their bodies. Darlings of the highland grass!

Megadeth - Killings My Business

And I saw a news item the other day about people hiring out their herds of goats for blackberry clearing and for clearing firebreaks without the need for  -  potentially dangerous -  back burning. I have never had anything to do with goats really but they seem charming, but smelly.

They don't smell as bad as horses, but yeah anything that sits in its own crap and doesn't care will have their own stink factor. However they are really low maintenance, they are cheap and they only need a hair cut once a year. They eat grass, but they eat pretty much everything in the grass too. Blackberries are a PITA anywhere, throw a dozen goats into the paddock with two long necks (llamas) for every dozen goats and you'll not only have nice clean paddock but your cheap goats will survive fox attacks.

Sodom - Obsessed By Cruelty

7 hours ago, True Belief said:

Accept - Too Mean to Die. Their best since Blood of Nations imo.

Great choice!  I actually prefer their material from the Mark Tornillo era.  The production is great.  They've really been on a roll for these last 5 albums, since Mark joined the band.  "Blood of the Nations" is probably the best of this era, although I really love "Stalingrad" and "The Rise of Chaos" as well as this newest release.  "Blind Rage" is probably my least favorite of these recent albums, but it's still got some great tracks! 

13 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Those late '50's Chevys are cool, Bel Airs and Corvettes and what not but my favorite Chevy of all time would have to be the 1970 Chevelle SS in black of course. It just looks so cool. You usually see white stripes on the black ones with a 454 under the hood but this updated one with the red interior and fuel injected 502 (600 HP) is fucking sweet. Problem is they want $80k for it.

...WhiteNoise....that bored out 502 is probably closer to 650-700 bhp....that car was built in Charlotte...I saw it at a show at Charlotte Motor Speedway...trust me it's worth the 80G's......

14 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Love the look of these. I've always wanted a 1970 El Camino - same platform as this car I think? I like the older ones but the '68-70 look is my favorite. Totally impractical, so I'll never have one, but still.

NP: Kultura Kureniya - Обскур  ...I like everything I've heard from these guys, they're definitely my band of the week. Admittedly small discography, a handful of eps and one full-length. Gloomy, gritty-sounding, a lot of really nice clean guitar atmospheres with a post punk meets post rock vibe, really good BM vocals. Maybe black metal really is just better in Slavic languages? I could see this appealing to a few of you.

Here's their full-length, Некрофилия:

46 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Love the look of these. I've always wanted a 1970 El Camino - same platform as this car I think? I like the older ones but the '68-70 look is my favorite. Totally impractical, so I'll never have one, but still.

NP: Kultura Kureniya - Обскур  ...I like everything I've heard from these guys, they're definitely my band of the week. Admittedly small discography, a handful of eps and one full-length. Gloomy, gritty-sounding, a lot of really nice clean guitar atmospheres with a post punk meets post rock vibe, really good BM vocals. Maybe black metal really is just better in Slavic languages? I could see this appealing to a few of you.

Here's their full-length, Некрофилия:

...I actually prefer the G-body version from the early to mid 80's....also The B-body  version from the early 60's was cool as well and had monster hp...I'd still drop in an LS motor if I was building one....the first version from '59, based on the Belvedere was pretty boss looking too...any cholo would be proud to tool around in any of them....

30 minutes ago, MarkhantonioYeatts said:

...I actually prefer the G-body version from the early to mid 80's....also The B-body  version from the early 60's was cool as well and had monster hp...I'd still drop in an LS motor if I was building one....the first version from '59, based on the Belvedere was pretty boss looking too...any cholo would be proud to tool around in any of them....

Something about the body shape and front end of the 68 through 70 models is exactly what I want it to be. I never warmed up to the rest of the 70s models. I have seen some badass El Caminos from the 80s still on the road here and there, I definitely wouldn't pass up the chance to drive one around. I've never seen the 59 model in person but the pictures sure do look gorgeous.

I'm pretty clueless about cars though really, I only know anything about El Caminos because they captured my eye at a young age.

1 hour ago, MarkhantonioYeatts said:

MINISTRY - Moral Hygiene

.....liking the shift back to a more post punk sound....JELLO BIAFRA sighting on here is pretty fucking boss too......

....how many records does DROWNING THE LIGHT actually have out?....it's gotta be close to a thousand....

1000 and 4 to be exact. That's also the number of times I will listen to Jello + Ministry. Gotta check that out.

Long boring drive today. Becoming a habit. Wish I was in an El Camino (although I did go to check on a sweet 69 GTO convert, a mid 70's Spitfire, and the wife's 76 TR6)

Satyricon - Night at the Opera

Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas

Opeth - Orchid

Obituary - Slowly We Rot

Well of Night - The Lower Planes of Self Abstraction