What Are You Listening To?

khaos

9 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

You'll never get to them all Marky Mark, you're gonna have to prioritize! Nice to see you pop in and say hello in between your Appalachian kayak adventures. Hope you're having a nice relaxing summer. One day before I die I'm gonna learn how to do that thing where you roll underneath the water 360° and come upright on the other side. We'll be going camping up in Maine in a few weeks, being old men with a little kid in tow we just use the campground's kayaks and paddle around the very slow moving river. But those aren't the right kind of kayaks to do barrel rolls in anyway.

No shit man, but note to self to listen more to posted shit.

The kayak roll for old men- I was about 40 when I started-needs some instruction-but can be learned by most-took me the better part part of a summer in a structed class format-some learn it in a few lessons-but need some hands on instruction. A lot of middle aged dudes have weight and flexibility issues-but there are solutions to every problem.  I'll say in my mid 50's my paddling has ever been stronger-empty nest has it's advantages. 

Eagle Twin/The Feather Tipped the Serpent's Scale

5 minutes ago, markm said:

No shit man, but note to self to listen more to posted shit.

The kayak roll for old men- I was about 40 when I started-needs some instruction-but can be learned by most-took me the better part part of a summer in a structed class format-some learn it in a few lessons-but need some hands on instruction. A lot of middle aged dudes have weight and flexibility issues-but there are solutions to every problem.  I can teach you this shit, but the commute is a bitch. I'll say in my mid 50's my paddling has ever been stronger-empty nest has it's advantages. 

Eagle Twin/The Feather Tipped the Serpent's Scale

20 hours ago, Balor said:

I need to listen to this again.  I was really unimpressed with it when I heard it last, as, from what I can remember, there was not very many dynamics?  There was just a new reissue, I think, so maybe someone will post it online again.

Yes, dynamics are hardly there, but it still rips for what it is. You can find it on hammerstorm.org

11 hours ago, MarkhantonioYeatts said:

ROKY ERICKSON AND BLEIB ALIEN

.....used to have this version on 7" or 12" single but it got misplaced over time.....nice to hear this version again....

This tune was cool so I did a little Googling and it's all starting to make sense. The late Roky Erickson was the driving force behind the famous 13th Floor Elevators from Texas that I've never actually heard. They put out 3 albums in the late 60's then Roky went on to have a long solo career. Pioneer of psychedelic and garage rock. I'll have to look into this a bit. I genrally like things that get the garage rock tag.

4 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

This tune was cool so I did a little Googling and it's all starting to make sense. The late Roky Erickson was the driving force behind the famous 13th Floor Elevators from Texas that I've never actually heard. They put out 3 albums in the late 60's then Roky went on to have a long solo career. Pioneer of psychedelic and garage rock. I'll have to look into this a bit. I genrally like things that get the garage rock tag.

....WhiteNoise.....glad to see you're interested in ROKY.....much like THE VELVET UNDERGROUND, both ROKY and THE 13TH FLOOR ELEVATORS were severely underappreciated but the peeps who did appreciate them either formed bands themselves or kept the flag flying for those bands until the rest of the world finally caught up and realized just how great they were....

...I really like 13TH FLOOR ELEVATORS a lot but ROKY ERICKSON is one of my favourite artists ever...right up there with BOWIE, COLTRANE, JAMES BROWN and IGGY for me....

TWO HEADED DOGS

EPIPHANIC TRUTH - Dark Triad: Psalms to a Sordid Species

On my run this morning.  Thatguy approved degree of musical interest but many of the Goats would appreciate this.  Massive drumming and a stunning vocal performance.  Either there are multiple vocalists or it's one incredibly versatile guy.

Checking out some new releases tonight. Also been checking the radar constantly to see what time the worst thunderstorms are gonna hit me. Been lucky this evening there have been strong thunderstorms for a few hours just to the north of us and just to the south of us but we've been unscathed as of yet. Been raining lightly now for the last 15 minutes but we're gonna have a break in a sec til the big heavy duty shit reaches us a little before midnight. So I have about another hour. Guess I'd better post this before our power goes out again like it did the last couple of nights when the heavy storms start knocking trees down and taking out the power lines. I wouldn't even mind the midnight rain so much if I didn't have to go upstairs and empty buckets out the window by flashlight. Should have the new roof on and sheeted by next weekend so I can finally see some light at the end of my tunnel.

Crescent - Carving the Fires of Akhet, Egyptian blackened death  

Gnosis - Omens from the Dead Realm, black/death from Miami FLA, good but not gnarly/filthy enough.

Ophidian Malice - Disgusting Ritual, Russian black/death

Codex Nero - The Great Harvest of Death, Polish black/death

Rotten Age - Oblicze Zła, Polish black metal

Amalekim - HVHI,  Polish black metal

Éphémère - Dernière Saison, French depressive black metal