Sign in to stalk this  
FreddyFruitcake

Favourite Vocalist

On 2017-5-5 at 4:41 AM, JadedErotika said:

My favorite vocalist is Dani Filth....He can scream and he can hit a lot of high notes...

He's one of my favourite vocalists too. I think his evocative lyrics contribute to my admiration for his vocals too. People throw a lot of shade at him, but I have to admit he has given me some great musical moments over the years. 

This is an old thread, hope I didn't already post in it. Anyway: Glenn Danzig, Ike Vil of Babylon Whores, Varg Vikernes (I know a lot of people hate his early style, but I actually love it, it's so extreme it sounds out of control, he doesn't just sound pissed, he sounds like he's in pain!), Peter Steele, David Bowie, will probably think of some one essential that I missed later on . . .

On 2017-6-14 at 9:22 AM, Parker said:

This is an old thread, hope I didn't already post in it. Anyway: Glenn Danzig, Ike Vil of Babylon Whores, Varg Vikernes (I know a lot of people hate his early style, but I actually love it, it's so extreme it sounds out of control, he doesn't just sound pissed, he sounds like he's in pain!), Peter Steele, David Bowie, will probably think of some one essential that I missed later on . . .

Really? I've never met anyone who doesn't like Varg's vocals on the first four Burzum albums. They're about as good as black metal vocals can get. Stunning in every way. 

6 minutes ago, Requiem said:

Really? I've never met anyone who doesn't like Varg's vocals on the first four Burzum albums. They're about as good as black metal vocals can get. Stunning in every way. 

Agreed, the vocals drew me in way before I warmed up to the music.

4 minutes ago, Parker said:

You can be as sarcastic as you want, won't change my opinion. Oh, and Attila is another great vocalist, especially on De Mysteriis . . .   

I don't think there's even the trace of sarcasm in our posts about Varg. We both clearly love those vocals. How did you read sarcasm in what we said?