Rate the song above you!

Apoc

Re: Rate the song above you! That was downright awesome until right at the end where the vocals got a bit raw. Otherwise, I liked how the vocals were farther back in the mix nestled between the fantastically ambient keyboard and very good tremolo guitar. The drumming got better as time went on. Probably about 8/10. C5c0fy5X-7Y This band needs some more attention...

Re: Rate the song above you! Oh, I do appreciate whenever a black metal band decides not to go full-bore tremolo on all of the drums...that was something I enjoyed. Always appreciated that about Melechesh. I did like the guitar but it got a bit monotonous at times. A riff might be awesome but if you just repeat it over and over it gets old. The vocals were OK, so probably about 7.5/10. sP_7hwL_gGw The French continue to make great technical death metal...

Re: Rate the song above you! Pretty good. I liked how it was melodic at times whithout becoming "whimsical." That's not to say I don't love whimsical moments even in metal, but it's cool that they can avoid it if they want to without completely avoiding progressive elements. 8/10. Now you can't mention french tech death without giving the french canadians a little love. wrAHhZuSeSY

Re: Rate the song above you! Well, Quo Vadis happens to be my favorite technical death metal band... Did like that, the guitars were good, the drumming was nice, and the atmosphere was admirable. The vocals were also good. So about 8/10 again. fkaX6h1d1K4&feature=relmfu The new album with this song is coming out on October 14th.

Re: Rate the song above you! I'm a fan of the song, but not the music video. I'll be honest- around about 1:26 I was waiting for the disco ball to fall on the singer's head. :) But anyway, impressive guitar solos, and I like the singer's high and low range. Lots of feeling and expression overall. It's hard to get into the video though. 7/10. This one is just fun to blast LOUD. f3R2uE2l8R4

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Rate the song above you!

No
0/10; that was totally useless... Whatever. 6/10 for the song that apoc posted. It was OK but nothing spectacular. This is their new album, just came out yesterday... U-iKSu6Wx3Y Tunisian progressive metal masters Myrath! One of my absolute favorite prog groups. :mrgreen:

Off the chain. ;)
Ermm...if this a compliment I'm thankful, but on this thread you'd usually provide more numerical data, such as a scale of one to ten. After that, you post a song. It's quid pro quo. I post a song and rate yours, then you rate my song and post one for the next poster to review.

Ermm...if this a compliment I'm thankful, but on this thread you'd usually provide more numerical data, such as a scale of one to ten. After that, you post a song. It's quid pro quo. I post a song and rate yours, then you rate my song and post one for the next poster to review.
I'm aware, I'm just out of control. It wasn't a compliment or an insult. It was just describing me.

0/10; that was totally useless... Whatever. 6/10 for the song that apoc posted. It was OK but nothing spectacular. This is their new album, just came out yesterday... U-iKSu6Wx3Y Tunisian progressive metal masters Myrath! One of my absolute favorite prog groups. :mrgreen:
I do not do this often, But actually 4/5! qobk9Q3DRs8

Re: Rate the song above you! Can't say I cared for that too much. Sounded like the intersection of Pillar, Sevendust and Insomnium. The guitar was fine in parts but got annoying in others. Drumming was fine but not great. I didn't like the vocals much either. So 6-7/10 probably. I find it funny that you say you don't like Texas yet your favorite band is Texan. And this song came across as Southern too. Tech death with some groovy bass. Aw yeaoh. :mrgreen: MiHncIwPDXE

Re: Rate the song above you! Meh. The vocals were better than what I expected, and everything else was OK, nice enough but not stellar. The lyrics were...lazily written. It wasn't as annoying as some purists would have me believe, but I wasn't blown away. One of my favorite prog metal songs ever: 4Dp1gQexXBc

Re: Rate the song above you! Aside from the solo and occasional ambient guitar, that was just...boring. Drums were boring, rhythm guitars were boring and vocals were OK. Probably 6/10. Let's have some real death metal! tn3YZhrJgEQ 2:09 HEADBAAANG

Re: Rate the song above you! Well, I definitely liked that better. Guitar was great, drumming was good and vocals were good. Their style of blackened death metal sounds unique to me, but that's probably because I'm hearing them for the first time. 8.5/10 for that. I see I haven't put these guys up! -ZQrGMvpQKI Great Swedish prog for you. Turn it up, though, it's a bit quiet.

Re: Rate the song above you! Thank you for posting! I have a friend who's an awesome guitarist and he said these guys were one of his favorite bands. They definitely seem to be a guitarist's delight, that's for sure. They actually remind me of Fleshgod Apocalypse, especially in the way they do drums. However, I really don't like the vocals so much. Probably an 8.5/10. Otherwise, it was great. MQIa3_ViaQw My second favorite prog band.