Slayer

brutalmetalhead666

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Slayer

they are awsome i just wish they whould settle the dave lombordo drama i aslo i wish jeff to come back great band kerry needs toi stop being a drama and what's best for the fans
Yeah, Kerry has always seemed like a gigantic tool. My old guitar teacher was a roadie and touring member of the thrash band Hallows Eve, and he said that Kerry was a prick and the only one that was nice to them was Jeff. Kerry seems like the greedy one, going on those Jagermeister commercials when the other members don't really endorse anything but gear they use. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, Kerry has always seemed like a gigantic tool. My old guitar teacher was a roadie and touring member of the thrash band Hallows Eve, and he said that Kerry was a prick and the only one that was nice to them was Jeff. Kerry seems like the greedy one, going on those Jagermeister commercials when the other members don't really endorse anything but gear they use. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
he does seen like one appearing in the sum 41 song was money in hiswallet this guy is a good guitar player and now i read in a interview he is starting give tom araya shit too you and me both agree he is a complete asshole

• 1 month later...

Well Slayer WAS actually the best straight up metal band ever. Now unfortunately everything has its time and I would agree that its time to hanger up for the most part as far as making new albums and doing full tours, specially if Lombardo doesn't want to do it anymore. Hanneman was a huge hand in writing the stuff, and I already wouldn't have been paying to see them with anybody else on guitar..would be too weird not seeing him to the left. Without Lombardo, whats the point now? They made their money...and their mark on metal, not like anyone will ever forget Slayer, but, now its no longer Slayer anymore is it? They should start a new project, new name, etc.

Well Slayer WAS actually the best straight up metal band ever. Now unfortunately everything has its time and I would agree that its time to hanger up for the most part as far as making new albums and doing full tours' date=' specially if Lombardo doesn't want to do it anymore. Hanneman was a huge hand in writing the stuff, and I already wouldn't have been paying to see them with anybody else on guitar..would be too weird not seeing him to the left. Without Lombardo, whats the point now? They made their money...and their mark on metal, not like anyone will ever forget Slayer, but, now its no longer Slayer anymore is it? They should start a new project, new name, etc.[/quote'] Supposedly most of Hanneman's contributions stopped around the time of Reign in Blood. While I would say that I enjoy South of Heaven more than that album, I would be hard pressed to call Kerry's track record with writing without Jeff all that great otherwise. Their early work counts among my favorite metal recordings of all time, so I can't really argue with your comment regarding them being one of the best bands ever, but that was a long time ago.

I'm on the fence about changing the name. Plenty of great bands have no original members. It is certainly true that your band name carries certain expectations with it, but then again some of my favorite albums totally defied most listeners' preconceived notions of how it should sound... I recently saw that the band Tank has split into two separate entities with the same name/logo/etc. which to me is mostly absurd. Of course, that band and Slayer are miles apart in terms of popularity, so perhaps there is more "at stake" for Slayer considering how high-profile they are. If Kerry Queen wants to release a damn solo album under the Slayer moniker, some people will still eat it up despite its quality (whether good or bad)... there is some truth and relevance to the phrase "there is an ass for every seat."

Re: Slayer

I'm on the fence about changing the name. Plenty of great bands have no original members. It is certainly true that your band name carries certain expectations with it, but then again some of my favorite albums totally defied most listeners' preconceived notions of how it should sound... I recently saw that the band Tank has split into two separate entities with the same name/logo/etc. which to me is mostly absurd. Of course, that band and Slayer are miles apart in terms of popularity, so perhaps there is more "at stake" for Slayer considering how high-profile they are. If Kerry Queen wants to release a damn solo album under the Slayer moniker, some people will still eat it up despite its quality (whether good or bad)... there is some truth and relevance to the phrase "there is an ass for every seat."
Indeed, bands like Napalm Death are still going strong, despite not having an original member in the lineup for well over 20 years. The difference is that Napalm Death has stuck to their guns and continued to release albums with the same purpose, and a sound that is still all theirs. Slayer's current albums have more in common with Slipknot than the Slayer of old,so even with half of the lineup being original, a name change should have been in order years ago to coincide with the change of sound. Obviously Slayer would never do that, as they make money just by being Slayer. The name carries weight, and if they released a dance album under the name Slayer, they would have a better chance of selling it than under a different banner, despite nothing being the same other than a couple of the creators. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

It's sad when bands rely on nothing more than their name to sell records. I haven't heard a decent Slayer album since "Seasons In The Abyss". When i listen to "Hell Awaits", "Reign In Blood" or "South Of Heaven" nowadays I wished they had quit ages ago given the stark contrast in quality from their recent output in comparison to there albums of old that I mention. Kerry King is a dick - he has limited talent and can't write a decent song for shit. The really talented part of Slayer is dead (RIP Jeff). Slayer ran by Kerry King is a doomed venture.