Worst black metal bands

Caedere

12 hours ago, Natassja7 said:

I am talking about morons who slag bands off and are very vocal about it, at gigs.. whatever. Not about deciding something isn't right for you and not bothering with it.  To be honest I was recalling a situation with some idiot at a gig who was slagging a band off and when I asked if he had heard some classic album by the band he had no idea. Fuckin tools like that need to keep their opinions to themselves without tainting the band or other peoples view, as unfortunately some people are weak minded enough to listen and/or don't have the brain capacity or ear to make their own opinions either, which I also have found is sadly true.  

edit..

I couldn't give a fuck if someone doesn't agree with my tastes, I listen to stuff that makes ME feel good..as I said it is when they are self righteously vocal about it, when they haven't got a fuckin clue basically.

I completely agree.  One must have an understanding of something before they can fairly criticize it.

• 2 months later...
On 4/1/2018 at 4:49 AM, BlutAusNerd said:

I would agree, but only because they're inconsistent. They have albums that are worthy of the accolades they receive, but the same can't be said for the rest of their discography.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

They tend to bounce back and forth a little bit:

'Battles in the North' good

'Blizzard Beasts' bad

'At the Heart of Winter' good

'Damned in Black' bad

'Sons of Northern Darkness' good

'All Shall Fall' bad

It's weird. 

They tend to bounce back and forth a little bit:
'Battles in the North' good
'Blizzard Beasts' bad
'At the Heart of Winter' good
'Damned in Black' bad
'Sons of Northern Darkness' good
'All Shall Fall' bad
It's weird. 

I don't know that I would call Damned in Black bad, it's just nowhere near as good as the albums surrounding it. Blizzard Beasts and All Shall Fall are pretty rough though, and Battles in the North is a sizable step down from Pure Holocaust IMO. The inconsistency is just strange.

4 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

I don't know that I would call Damned in Black bad, it's just nowhere near as good as the albums surrounding it. Blizzard Beasts and All Shall Fall are pretty rough though, and Battles in the North is a sizable step down from Pure Holocaust IMO. The inconsistency is just strange.

I was being deliberately basic with my good/bad attributions for illustrative purposes.

2 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

I don’t believe Abbath to be quite the songwriter most think him to be.  One listen to that awful solo release a couple of years back attests to this.

Agreed. 

That makes sense. The back and forth of it all is pretty strange though. I also don't understand why All Shall Fall was so limp, especially considering Apollyon's inclusion. All of his bands up to that point had been top shelf, but maybe he wasn't allowed to bring anything to the table.

1 minute ago, BlutAusNerd said:

That makes sense. The back and forth of it all is pretty strange though. I also don't understand why All Shall Fall was so limp, especially considering Apollyon's inclusion. All of his bands up to that point had been top shelf, but maybe he wasn't allowed to bring anything to the table.

All Shall Fall is terrible. I’ve played it so many times hoping it will click but it’s just a damp squib. 

Generally I enjoy to talk more about things I like rather than things I dislike, but I think Carpathian Forest are absolutely disgraceful
I'm the same way. I'll discuss a negative opinion I have if someone brings it up, but I don't tend to dwell on it. I wouldn't want to be like that "I hate grunge" dipshit that won't stop droning on about something from 25 years ago that he can't drop.

As for Carpathian Forest, I have their first EP, and it's okay I guess. I can't say that I've ever been impressed by anything else I've heard from them.

On 2017-12-27 at 4:35 AM, Natassja7 said:

I am talking about morons who slag bands off and are very vocal about it, at gigs.. whatever. Not about deciding something isn't right for you and not bothering with it.  To be honest I was recalling a situation with some idiot at a gig who was slagging a band off and when I asked if he had heard some classic album by the band he had no idea. Fuckin tools like that need to keep their opinions to themselves without tainting the band or other peoples view, as unfortunately some people are weak minded enough to listen and/or don't have the brain capacity or ear to make their own opinions either, which I also have found is sadly true.  

edit..

I couldn't give a fuck if someone doesn't agree with my tastes, I listen to stuff that makes ME feel good..as I said it is when they are self righteously vocal about it, when they haven't got a fuckin clue basically.

That is exactly the reason why I left the black metal scene!!! I was sick and tired of people complaning their arses of at every single gig!!!!! I can remember my last black metal gig: Satyricon in the  early 2000's...I made a quick stop in the bar area and saw some female aquaintances sitting and looking miserable while complaning about the music, I asked them why the hell they were there...blank stares all around, and I desided that I have had enough! I have never been a tomboy and being an outsider in an already very underground scene was just a tad too lonely, even for my liking. So I decided voluntary to go into the shadows for a few years.

Funny enough, I do not recall anyone acting the same way previous to the late 1990's at gigs or mayby I was some what blisfully unaware of this!

A few years went by and I went to see Crashdiet with a what I thought was a friend...and he complained his arse off during the whole gig. He almost ruined the whole experience for me!

I do not know if people even realize this: but complaining your arse at a gig is like talking about divorce rates at a wedding. If you don't like the music and band, then why not just leave...or stuff a thick sock down your throat!!!!

Second most annoying people at gigs: people who insists on having a lengthy conversation, while you are trying to focus on the music.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been listening to Black Metal for 14+ years and I have never been able to get into Mayhem. Yeah, yeah, I've tried. Is it just one of those bands that people gravitate towards because of their history? Musically, they aren't that great, imho.
I'm sure that some people are drawn to them for their history and antics, like fans of GG Allin that are just listening to the music as another dimension of fascination with their grotesque personal lives, but the music is more than enough to stand on its own. It's cool if you're not into them, but they're not just some novelty band.

42 minutes ago, Surelda said:

I've been listening to Black Metal for 14+ years and I have never been able to get into Mayhem. Yeah, yeah, I've tried. Is it just one of those bands that people gravitate towards because of their history? Musically, they aren't that great, imho.

I've been listening to black metal for about 22 years and I'm still not huge on Mayhem. They have their moments for me, but there's a lot of other black metal out there that I'd rather be listening to.

9 hours ago, Surelda said:

Initially, I was repulsed by their history and tried to avoid them.  However, as soon as I heard some of their songs, I thought that they were too good not to listen to.  In my mind, they have had some of the best bm vocalists and riffs of all time.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I´m sure there is special little place in hell for this band called Centuries of Deception. I bought this EP at a second hand store while i was in the mood for some blind buys to see if i could uncover some unknown hidden gems. In hindsight i should have given those 2 euro´s to a hobo on the street. 

Where to start? That hideous drum computer sound, that ultra thin guitar tone, the shitty riffs... This EP has it all and even more. I don´t know if this guy did another records but i surely hope not.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=946aU6u8p3Y