Anti Black Metal

Robert8092

Re: Anti Black Metal oh I do agree it is great music and it is indeed fascinating couldn't describe it better then that. But my Theological training has taught me that finding a deep fascination with these things leads to being draged into a whole world of pain and evil.

Re: Anti Black Metal

oh I do agree it is great music and it is indeed fascinating couldn't describe it better then that. But my Theological training has taught me that finding a deep fascination with these things leads to being draged into a whole world of pain and evil.
Oh, right. I'm an atheist. :D

Re: Anti Black Metal First of all I have to say that I personally don't understand your way of thinking when it comes to criticizing music since it seems like you can't describe this whole genre as anything but "too dark" and "demon worshipping", that made me laugh. Black metal is one of my favorite metal subgenres. If you can't come up with any reasonable arguments I think you shouldn't start a whole thread just to tell people that you're against it because of such silly reasons. What are people supposed to discuss in this thread? I think I missed that part. Not all black metal is about worshipping Satan, hating religions and being self-destructive. Most black metal bands enjoy provoking. Generalizing a whole genre like that is just awful and stupid. Musically it's just great, I couldn't survive a whole winter without listening to any of my favorite black metal bands. Atmospheric, fast, rough, anti-christian - it doesn't matter as long as it sounds good. If you are against black metal because you think it's all about destroying beliefs or whatever you are a moron. Why shouldn't people be able to enjoy dark music too?

First of all I have to say that I personally don't understand your way of thinking when it comes to criticizing music since it seems like you can't describe this whole genre as anything but "too dark" and "demon worshipping", that made me laugh. Black metal is one of my favorite metal subgenres. If you can't come up with any reasonable arguments I think you shouldn't start a whole thread just to tell people that you're against it because of such silly reasons. What are people supposed to discuss in this thread? I think I missed that part. Not all black metal is about worshipping Satan, hating religions and being self-destructive. Most black metal bands enjoy provoking. Generalizing a whole genre like that is just awful and stupid. Musically it's just great, I couldn't survive a whole winter without listening to any of my favorite black metal bands. Atmospheric, fast, rough, anti-christian - it doesn't matter as long as it sounds good. If you are against black metal because you think it's all about destroying beliefs or whatever you are a moron. Why shouldn't people be able to enjoy dark music too?
Amen! (See what i did thar ?)

you are living proof that the devil works through that music. You have been deceived into beleiving that it isn't evil.
Dude. That's stupid :P 1.The devil doesn't exist. 2. That's kind of extremistic, dont ya think ? .. .

Dude. That's stupid :P 1.The devil doesn't exist. 2. That's kind of extremistic, dont ya think ? .. .
wow, you heard the man . . . you a living proof the devil works through music. why don't we ask some black metal bands and see if the "devil" told them to write the sweet music they come out with . . . i bet they say "the fuck you talking about?!"

I am completely against Black Metal I think everybody deserves the right to beleive what they will without people trying to destroy their beleifs. I also think that the music is far too dark and deamon worship is too far on the beleif scale.
yes, some black metal is really bad, dark and worships demons. but dude, this is nothing unique what so ever for black metal. infact, I think you'd be surprised if you knew how much of other music that's got the same atributes... you cleary have let yourself go, lose yourself in the music and just let Horgh's drumming fuck your ears. do that and I'm willing to discuss further with you

I am completely against Black Metal I think everybody deserves the right to beleive what they will without people trying to destroy their beleifs. I also think that the music is far too dark and deamon worship is too far on the beleif scale.
im sorry but abit of a ridiculas statement, so I gather that you think people who Listen to death Metal, like to go around a kill people. :roll: Personally I think blackmetal is one of the purist form of extreme metal with amazing musicans from the drummers, singing, atmosphere etc. but everyone has their own opinon, but kinda surprised to see an anti-blackmetal Topic in the blackmetal section...Lets hope you dont have a dislike for Power,Death,Folk etc ;)

im sorry but abit of a ridiculas statement, so I gather that you think people who Listen to death Metal, like to go around a kill people. :roll: Personally I think blackmetal is one of the purist form of extreme metal with amazing musicans from the drummers, singing, atmosphere etc. but everyone has their own opinon, but kinda surprised to see an anti-blackmetal Topic in the blackmetal section...Lets hope you dont have a dislike for Power,Death,Folk etc ;)
true that :) we don't want all the topics being overrun by people who dislike what they are about :L feel free to exercise your opinion but keep it civil guys!

Re: Anti Black Metal I think for one to discuss demon worship first and foremost requires an acknowledgement of God being real, and most black metal uses demonic imagery not to say "woah man, we worship satan dude" but to act in opposition for Christian beliefs. Bear in mind that Christianity swept through many cultures, destroying old traditions and faiths by killing those that refused to convert. We could just as easily call Christianity as dangerous as 'demon worship' in this case. So what of power metal? Is it fair to accept stories of people slaying Orcs and mighty warriors? Isn't that going too far into the realm of myth and non-biblical truth? Some would say so. In fact, if you're a Christian who's Theological training has taught him about demon's you should probably avoid power metal for the same reason. It talks of mythical beasts magic and such. Isn't it all just stories and metaphors? Admittedly, black metal has been more synonymous with church burnings and murders, but Gary Glitter molested children, yet we don't see a backlash against glam rock do we? Whilst I am for freedom of speech, arguments about demons and 'theology' don't really do much for me when they appear to have no sound basis. Does your theology consist of racist hicks teaching you about Jesus as a loving white hippy, or is he a stinking radical outcast with a chip on his shoulder? I know which is more historically and theologically sound. Shame most Christians don't.