Your favorite death metal bands?

DeliverUsToEvil

Re: Your favorite death metal bands? no plug for my review BAN? do I have to do all the work around here lol, seriously though Rapidfire Nevertanezra is exactly what doom metal needs, think I can sum them up like this Nevertanezra is like an ocean, lulling you into a sense of security before crushing you beneath a wave of deepest despair...in a good way of course

Re: Your favorite death metal bands?

no plug for my review BAN? do I have to do all the work around here lol' date=' seriously though Rapidfire Nevertanezra is exactly what doom metal needs, think I can sum them up like this Nevertanezra is like an ocean, lulling you into a sense of security before crushing you beneath a wave of deepest despair...in a good way of course[/quote'] I like that description, permission to use it in the future?

OMG someone other then me has seen The Matrix' date=' most trippy, mindfucking movie franchise EVER[/quote'] Well, I've only seen the original and Revelations. The original was good, with an interesting premise. The last one SUCKED.

Re: Your favorite death metal bands? that it did, it just wasn't trippy enough, the first movie was a complete mindfuck (sorry for the foul langauge by the way) it messed me up for months just thinking about the possibility that the world as we know it, the world we take for granted everyday, is nothing more then a permanent dream state created for the sole purpose of keeping humankind under control, that concept could make for some very thought provoking lyrics if expressed eloquently

my younger brother hasn't seen it' date=' sci-fi (i.e. The Matrix) action (i.e. James Bond) and horror (i.e. The Excorcists) don't interest him, he only likes rom-coms[/quote'] Well, that explains his taste in music then...a thoroughly lily-livered mental constitution if I ever heard of one. My brother likes comedies, sci-fi and action movies. And he hates romantic comedies.

wrong brother Iceni, understandable since I have three of them all of which are younger then me, this one only likes kyle minogue, britney spears and the latest 3 1/2 minutes of fame pop stars
Hm. They all seem to have their own weaknesses then. And none of them like metal? Bah. :evil:

Re: Your favorite death metal bands? I'm trying to get the youngest one onto it since he's only eight but the other two are a lost cause in that respect, particularly the eldest of the three who insists that the reason I listen to metal is purely chemical and that by altering my diet I will no longer be interested in it

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to get the youngest one onto it since he's only eight but the other two are a lost cause in that respect' date=' particularly the eldest of the three who insists that the reason I listen to metal is purely chemical and that by altering my diet I will no longer be interested in it[/quote'] So basically he's putting this down to an 'imbalance of the humors'. :| How precisely does this qualify as an argument? If he's referring to the fact that you are fond of alcohol, then he's clearly wrong because I've only ever had alcohol under supervision, and even then very rarely and in small amounts. But I still love metal... I have got a question, though - has he ever remarked that any of the music I've recommended to you is in any way reflective of a poor diet? Anyhow, there's this interesting Ukrainian progressive death metal group called Phantasmagory which sounds a little bit like Cynic that you might like.

Re: Your favorite death metal bands? thanks for the tip, actually he remarked of Harmony that they sound as if someone's interest in metal, which he still insists is caused in all individuals by a chemical imbalance, seems at odds with their religious views restricting them only to those bands with christian inclinations, he wants to be a psychologist but his career as an athlete is stopping him froing doing so currently, I still think he's full of shit though people like metal for many, many differentt reason, I for example like it because if I've had a bad day it makes me feel better and if I'm having a good day it makes that better

thanks for the tip, actually he remarked of Harmony that they sound as if someone's interest in metal, which he still insists is caused in all individuals by a chemical imbalance, seems at odds with their religious views restricting them only to those bands with christian inclinations(...) I still think he's full of shit though people like metal for many, many differentt reason, I for example like it because if I've had a bad day it makes me feel better and if I'm having a good day it makes that better
And he would argue that that benefit, rather than the inherent technical worth of the song, is your reason for listening to it. He'd likely argue that you have a need to be rebellious because you're not well-adjusted or some rubbish like that. Sounds like he subscribes to behavioralism. That being the case, he must hold that everything happens as a result of some mundane reaction or base motivation. Thus his psychological musings are themselves probably results of some kind of imbalance. (You may even go to the length of arguing that he has a need to exalt himself above his fellows, which precipitates his choice to go into psychology and then claim fabricated objectivity over fellow man by having immersed himself in the machinations of the human mind, which ostensibly would allow him to see through any veil of deception people put up to explain their actions without realizing the rules apply to his own headspace as well.) And if that is true, then any allegations on his part are inherently specious. So, no need to believe what he's saying. If he thinks he can judge your head without having his own examined for these alleged imbalances, he has as Judas Priest might say, another thing coming. Oh, and I need to check out Centinex because their last album had a really good song on it.