Geez...I mean, really?

Band: Aelvica

Releases/year:

1. Redux Full-length 2023
  2. Corpsewyrm Grave Ritual Full-length 2023 
  3. Aelvica Amaranthine Full-length 2023 
  4. Aelvica II Redux Full-length 2023 
  5. Lichdragons Spewing Gloom Full-length 2023 

I thought this one was cool, NYP gem of modern black deathrash. Guess I should check some of his other releases!

Aelvica Amaranthine | Aelvica | Canti Eretici (bandcamp.com)

a2363051186_16.jpg

2 hours ago, Hungarino said:

I would love to take credit for this discovery but this was in Thatguy's feed, which can admittedly have some weirdness, but this one is pure brilliant 'modern' black metal from Switzerland.

Listen man, don't be giving Doc too much credit or it will go to his head and he'll start believing we actually like some of his weird music.

Man I really want to hear this new Burial Hordes record but it doesn't drop for two more months yet. I hate when they tease them that far ahead of release. There are 4 out of the 8 individual tracks up on BC and YT andf I've heard them but I'm not gonna keep listening to them because I'd rather hear the whole album all together in order.

1 hour ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Listen man, don't be giving Doc too much credit or it will go to his head and he'll start believing we actually like some of his weird music.

Well, last night while I was driving my daughter home from the airport music was playing in the car. I am forbidden metal when the daughter is in the car but I have a playlist that doesn't usually offend her ears. 'What is this weird music?' she asked. It was 'The Sailor's Tale' from the King Crimson album Islands.

'Oh, it's just a groove in 7/8. From 1974, I think'. (Actually 1970) I was re-assuring her that there was nothing scary about the music. Did it work? Nah, of course not.

I offer the same bland re-assurance to the GG. There is nothing scary about my Bandcamp feed. 

Will my re-assurance work? Nah, of course not. All good. Music is an open sky and I love yers all.

7 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Well, last night while I was driving my daughter home from the airport music was playing in the car. I am forbidden metal when the daughter is in the car but I have a playlist that doesn't usually offend her ears. 'What is this weird music?' she asked. It was 'The Sailor's Tale' from the King Crimson album Islands.

'Oh, it's just a groove in 7/8. From 1974, I think'. (Actually 1970) I was re-assuring her that there was nothing scary about the music. Did it work? Nah, of course not.

I offer the same bland re-assurance to the GG. There is nothing scary about my Bandcamp feed. 

Will my re-assurance work? Nah, of course not. All good. Music is an open sky and I love yers all.

I'm not scared of your music Doc if that's what you really believe - which I'm 100% sure it's not. I'd say perplexed would more acurately describe the way I feel when voluntarily listening to some of your more non-musical, musical recos. Obviously we do have some small amount of overlap you and I which is more than you can say about your lovely daughter, but there are definitely times when I'm genuinely mystified as to how anyone can listen to some of that stuff you dig and enjoy it as music.

But if you ever have occasion to pick me up at the airport in your luxury electric BMW I will no doubt declare my wholehearted and reservationless appreciation for whatever esoteric avant-garde ambient or microtonal nonsense you throw at me because it'd simply be the polite thing to do. We're not savages after all, we're Boomers.

Funny, I did that at a friend of mine's house one time, he played some Skinny Puppy for me and seeemd eager for me to like it, so I mumbled something about it being ok and he took that as a ringing endorsement because for years after that day he thought I actually liked them.

13 hours ago, Hungarino said:

I would love to take credit for this discovery but this was in Thatguy's feed, which can admittedly have some weirdness, but this one is pure brilliant 'modern' black metal from Switzerland. This will be a undoubtedly be a standout for the year.

Albsegen | Ernte (bandcamp.com)

That's enough for me....I really need to start diving into my 23 Bandcamp Wishlist now!

2 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Funny, I did that at a friend of mine's house one time, he played some Skinny Puppy for me and seeemd eager for me to like it, so I mumbled something about it being ok and he took that as a ringing endorsement because for years after that day he thought I actually liked them.

Yeah, you've got to be careful what you say.

And perplexed is always fine. Being perplexed about other people is part of the human condition.

9 minutes ago, AlSymerz said:

That's his business look, since he's retired he let himself go.

When I was a kid in the 70's my best friend's father who was the head honcho at the local hospital would mow his 1 acre lawn on his little riding mower with his dress shoes, dress pants, dress shirt and tie on. I asked my buddy if this was normal behavior for his dad to be mowing the lawn on a hot summer day on the weekend in his normal every day full business attire, and he replied "Well he does take his suit jacket off." I think of his late father almost every time I mow the lawn on my little riding mower because I do it in shorts and flip-flops (thongs, jandals whatever) with a beer in one hand.

9 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

That's about it.

There is a video of the first song off the album up on YouTube - 'Scouring Ignorance.' It's not weird and it's not wimpy. You might even like it.

I promise...😐

Fen - Scouring Ignorance, alright I'll grant you this isn't weird or terrible at all. Nothing to get excited about though. It might be Doc worthy but it's not Goat-worthy. They're one of those progressive "post-black" bands that's got nothing at all to do with black metal. No Satan, corpsepaint, leather pants or spiked gauntlets anywhwere in sight.

On 4/11/2023 at 6:49 PM, GoatmasterGeneral said:

No Satan, corpsepaint, leather pants or spiked gauntlets anywhwere in sight.

Hellchrist Xul has you covered! That's the bayonet he uses to cut brie and stab poseurs.

Funeral Winds - Photo

Latest is pretty good too, even if it is phenomenally unoriginal.

Stigmata Mali | FUNERAL WINDS | Osmose Productions (bandcamp.com)

New Fellwinter album was released about a week ago.

New Torture Rack is on the way...weird to see them on 20 buck Spin though

https://20buckspin.bandcamp.com/album/primeval-onslaught

a3484935416_10.jpg

Welkin - Emblems of Valour

Black Metal from China...wish it wasn't quite so polished (that seems to be the case with a lot of Chinese black metal I've heard), but musically it's pretty good.

https://pestproductions.bandcamp.com/album/emblems-of-valour

a0374214939_10.jpg