another infant

Just now, FatherAlabaster said:

New member signs up telling us how happy she is to finally be free of her religious upbringing and y'all spend two pages of her intro thread arguing about religion. Internet classic.

You've been here two weeks. You barely know any of us, let alone well enough to make that kind of assumption. Shouldn't you be turning the other cheek or posting unto others as you'd have them post unto you or something? How about you hit us with that top 100 list instead of tilting at windmills over here. I know it's hard to walk away from conversations like this, but trust me, you're better off.

A. Please understand that I'm not saying any of that negative stuff about you.  But Goat made his beliefs perfectly clear, and I can make judgments on how he handles them in discussion.  I'm not the only one who believes he has pent up anger, and many of his discussions end up in arguments from what I've read while I've been here, typically with Killa, even from threads that were made before I got here.  I can make that call if others have already made it.

B. I've had discussion like this my whole life.  I know the signs of this kind of discussion, and what you quoted was to avoid another angry guy yelling at me, so you're effectively scolding me for expressing that I'd like the conversation to be handled with more care.  Relentless has been perfectly fine and I am not throwing those accusations at Relentless or you.  Nevertheless, I have a right to tell someone they should calm down a little.

C. I only mentioned the top 100 a few times within the two weeks I've been here, and I've been busy with other things as well.  But the way it's going so far, it'll appear AT LEAST on Sunday, maybe Monday at the latest.  But I do have the right to discuss philosophy.  All I'm saying is that if a user gets heated, I'll let him know I'll ignore the heated replies.  Please do not scold or criticize me for that.  I'm not annoyed with beliefs, just with certain kinds of behavior.

At this time I would like to sincerely apologize to everyone for whatever part I may have played in blowing this up into a big thing. Was never my intent to start a big fracas, and never my intent to alienate the new peoples. I just have a hard time walking away from a good debate or what I personally found to be an interesting discussion like this, even if someone else apparently didn't see it that way and felt yelled at or attacked or disrespected or condescended to or maybe all of the above.

And I hope our new friend "heavymetaltreasure666" (the 666 is a nice touch, I approve) can forgive me for crapping on her intro thread.

I know I should really stick to debating guys I know a little better like Deadovic, Surge, Hungaroonio, Orca and Doc because with them all being over 40 and my having a little history with all of them at least they generally won't take things so personally and get all butt hurt over a simple disagreement. If everyone agreed about everything all the time how boring would life be? I'm pretty sure those guys all know there's never been any malice or anger or hard feelings or anything on my part and I consider them all to be friends.

8 minutes ago, KillaKukumba said:

Being an innocent party in all this I graciously accept your apology

Like I've said, I have a big mouth and a lot of opinions. But I don't mean any harm. We've gotten into silly disagreements before you and I (is he a shark or an orca comes to mind) but there have never been any legit bad feelings, right? Most of the really dumb shit I say is me trying to be funny and then just missing the mark badly. I guess I fancy myself something of a comedian.

15 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Like I've said, I have a big mouth and a lot of opinions. But I don't mean any harm. We've gotten into silly disagreements before you and I (is he a shark or an orca comes to mind) but there have never been any legit bad feelings, right? Most of the really dumb shit I say is me trying to be funny and then just missing the mark badly. I guess I fancy myself something of a comedian.

The only difference here is that I don't fancy myself as a comedian I know I'm a comedian that missed my calling!!

Oh, I also don't say dumb shit, I leave that totally up to you.

It's hard being right all the time but I've learned to live with it and I wont look down on anyone for not aspiring to be more like me.

5 minutes ago, KillaKukumba said:

The only difference here is that I don't fancy myself as a comedian I know I'm a comedian that missed my calling!!

I'm sure you had all the barflies out in bum fuck Woollawoollagabbagabbamagoo laughing their drunken asses off. They were only trying to punch your truck to get you to stop making them laugh so hard that it hurt.

For godsake get an atlas! Not only is it Woollowoollagabbagabbamagoo, but that place is 15000ks from here and there is no drunken bar flies there because it's a dry town and you've offended every one of the three people that live there.

The place you're trying to be funny with is Bum Fuck (capitalised thank you) Woollawoollayogabbamaggoo. Completely different town, five times the size of Woollawoollagabbagabbamagoo and a population count of more than 23 at last count.

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

But you can't hate something you don't believe in.

This reminded me of this scene from a book I read a long time ago where a man and woman are arguing over opposing worldviews and she gets upset and starts pounding on his chest and crying, "I don't believe it I don't believe it", to which he replies, "What is it that you don't believe in?" She has no answer. 

1 hour ago, FatherAlabaster said:

New member signs up telling us how happy she is to finally be free of her religious upbringing and y'all spend two pages of her intro thread arguing about religion. Internet classic.

hahaha I know where I am. I enjoyed it. 

1 hour ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Alright folks let’s just move on because FA is right this thread probably wasn’t the appropriate place for the religious debate. Apologies to the OP if we’ve made you uncomfortable.

No apologies necessary but I appreciate your consideration. I enjoy good conversation on any topic. 

36 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

And I hope our new friend "heavymetaltreasure666" (the 666 is a nice touch, I approve) can forgive me for crapping on her intro thread.

;) maybe

34 minutes ago, KillaKukumba said:

Being an innocent party in all this I graciously accept your apology

just because you're a mammal doesn't mean you can flop in and suck up all the hot air 

2 minutes ago, schwermetallschatz666 said:

just because you're a mammal doesn't mean you can flop in and suck up all the hot air 

Professor GG posted a video for the whole class last week about whales. It's not going to be part of the final assessment, so don't worry about missing it, but from that video we all learnt that whales suck.

Actually there was more to it than just whales sucking, but I've forgotten it now.

2 minutes ago, KillaKukumba said:

Professor GG posted a video for the whole class last week about whales. It's not going to be part of the final assessment, so don't worry about missing it, but from that video we all learnt that whales suck.

Actually there was more to it than just whales sucking, but I've forgotten it now.

sounds like you got the important bit