another infant

3 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

I think most atheists have no real issue with christians as long as they keep it to themselves and don't hit us over the head with their religious nonsense. It's their own personal business and we can easily and happily ignore it until they slip up and make it our business, like in the example Blivvie gave above. The christian religion really seems to enjoy its ideas about punishment and retribution.

If someone feels compelled to say something that eggregiously offensive (not to mention incredibly stupid) you can't expect the target of that vitriol not to feel a certain way about it, and not to ascribe similar qualiities and motivations to others who make known they belong to the same cult. Which I did for a very long time,these days I couldn’t care less until people tried to force their ideology on to myself, or force their ideology onto others.

8 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

I think most atheists have no real issue with christians as long as they keep it to themselves and don't hit us over the head with their religious nonsense.

That is the sort of statement that is made ad nauseam by people today, I've even used it myself, but it's a statement that goes for life not religion. Don't push your music taste on me. Don't push your football team on me. Don't push your political views on me. People have agendas in all arenas of life and some of those will push those agendas. But there are just as many people in this world with those same agendas who don't push, however they get overlooked because I remember the time this group said this thing which wasn't what I agreed with.

38 minutes ago, KillaKukumba said:

That is the sort of statement that is made ad nauseam by people today, I've even used it myself, but it's a statement that goes for life not religion. Don't push your music taste on me. Don't push your football team on me. Don't push your political views on me. People have agendas in all arenas of life and some of those will push those agendas. But there are just as many people in this world with those same agendas who don't push, however they get overlooked because I remember the time this group said this thing which wasn't what I agreed with.

Was that 100% in English? What was your point Orca? DId you have one? The one point I could see that you were trying to make failed miserably because no one is making any laws pushing their music or their football team on me. Nobody is telling me that my wife died because I was rooting for the wrong team or listening to the wrong bands. I believe that's what them there college edumacated folk would call a false equivalency. 

Talking politics is seldom pointless, or is that just how I choose to engage with the subject? I like to try and understand why people and get them to think about their positions. Critical thinking though does seem to be lacking in separate groups, those are the ones it’s funniest to just start trolling though so either way I think it’s a win.

Now hold on.  I never said all atheists hate God.  What I said was there are those that do hate God, albeit in the same way an old man would probably hate the character Veruca Salt.  Most atheists and believers today are pretty chill, but chill doesn't get the media going.  However, it's using angry words like "nonsense" that starts fights.

Sorry, Goatie, but I have a rule never to read articles coming from an anger perspective, whether for me or against me.  And I sensed some annoyance in your post early on.  Annoyance and anger cloud judgment, especially when potential finger-pointing is involved.  Yes, some religions have caused problems, but even Mussolini was an outspoken atheist, so obviously religion is not the source of evil.  The real issue is a combination of unchecked pride combined with political power and resentment with excuses.  Anybody can do it with enough brains.

Plus, Jesus himself literally said that "do unto others" was more important, so the way I see it, if God does exist that those churches who abused his name are burning in hell.

Metal opera album concept, anyone?

BTW: new gal, Goat and Killa are pretty much the Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau here.

I'm headed to bed so I'm not going to go through and respond to you all in kind as I was thinking I would reading through. 

I will say that my direct experience is with the worst kinds of Christians, that do push their faith and judge and outcast you for not meeting their standards of salvation. What makes them worse even still is that they pretend that they are not these types of Christians. On top of that they were firmly evangelical. I spent most of my missions trips running the sound and taking care of the travel sick to avoid street preaching but I did end up in a bible college on track to be come a preacher, which is weird to me still but whatever. 

After becoming so conditioned to at least be seen to be accepting of all of these) things, it is hard to see anyone leaning towards something that is so toxic in my own life. As cold hearted as I feel I have become, I do care about people and don't want to just watch them suffer. But everyone finds solace in different places. If it helps them to believe in the cross and all of the other that comes with it, then that's fine. As most of you have said, as long as it isn't being pushed on anyone, what's the harm. 

Though, the point that these ideals seem to be running law and nations is what is more deeply problematic. This side of the church is a way to separate what is essentially the same evil, and those who are passively complicit are still complicit. Supporting the beast that eats you. 

I find it hard to be around people who allow that willingly into their lives and see that the benefits outweigh the negatives. Humans need community, I get that. Personally, the negatives will always obliviate the positives. Even a lot of people (mostly gays and girls) who I know who were more passively religious had a hard time coping with what the church adds to the mental torment we are already under from the rest of the world. 

Religion and spirituality are two vastly different subjects, and when I speak of Christianity I am most definitely referring to modern, mostly American, Republican Christianity unless stated otherwise. I would never judge someone for taking scripture to heart. As a part of my schooling, I basically had to write my own textbook on the bible. There is so much beauty and inspiration contained in ancient works and the bible is no exception. It can be incredibly powerful and inspirational. 

I gravitate more towards lyrics. 

Well, if it seems to be real, it's illusion
For every moment of truth, there's confusion in life
Love can be seen as the answer, but nobody bleeds for the dancer
And it's on and on
On and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of kings and queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's Heaven and Hell, oh well

And they'll tell you black is really white
The moon is just the sun at night
And when you walk in golden halls
You get to keep the gold that falls
It's Heaven and Hell, oh no

And just to needlessly clarify, the infant is me. Am baby. 

4 hours ago, KillaKukumba said:

Ridiculous comparisons aimed at things that were not said are why conversation like religion, sport and politics end up being pointless.

Politics has an impact on our every day lives and at least in democracies well get a vote.

And a vote is kind of a purchasing decision so it needs information to be informed.  Sure most people in Australia vote cause they get fined if they don't and don't give two fucks about how the country's being run.

But you still hope to open some minds to different ideas so the vote they cast is based on some understanding of things .

After all as many great (now probably discredited) people all said in various forms: "an informed citizenry is essential to the healthy functioning of a democracy." 

I'm not saying blast people with messages like some demented preacher, but healthy discussion on this matter is IMO critical.

27 minutes ago, schwermetallschatz666 said:

Well, if it seems to be real, it's illusion
For every moment of truth, there's confusion in life
Love can be seen as the answer, but nobody bleeds for the dancer
And it's on and on
On and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of kings and queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's Heaven and Hell, oh well

And they'll tell you black is really white
The moon is just the sun at night
And when you walk in golden halls
You get to keep the gold that falls
It's Heaven and Hell, oh no

One of my favourite songs of all time!

4 hours ago, Rexorcist said:

Now hold on.  I never said all atheists hate God. 

I never said or implied that you said that.

What I said was there are those that do hate God, albeit in the same way an old man would probably hate the character Veruca Salt. Most atheists and believers today are pretty chill, but chill doesn't get the media going.  However, it's using angry words like "nonsense" that starts fights.

Nonsense is not by nature an angry word. I don't get the sense that either of us is angry. 

Sorry, Goatie, but I have a rule never to read articles coming from an anger perspective, whether for me or against me.  And I sensed some annoyance in your post early on.  Annoyance and anger cloud judgment, especially when potential finger-pointing is involved. 

I'm not angry, and my judgement is not clouded. I simply felt the need to correct some incorrect statements you made. My actual point earlier was just that one would need to believe in a god(s) before they could hate it/him/them. So not only don't all atheists hate god, I can say definitively that no atheists hate god. But I can assure you there's no anger involved here. My other point was that modern satanists can't be "devout" because they don't worship anything. No anger in play there either. 

Yes, some religions have caused problems, but even Mussolini was an outspoken atheist, so obviously religion is not the source of evil. 

That is some seriously flawed logic you've tried to use there Furrier. Remember atheists are not a group, we just aren't a part of your group. Lots of other people on the planet that aren't atheists don't belong to your group either. And what do you mean by "the" source of evil? There are many sources of evil in the world and no one group has cornered the market on evil. No one said anything about religion being "the" source of evil. It has certainly been "a" source of evil, historically speaking. It's a fact that many problems have been caused in the name of various religions, but then obviously many problems have been caused by forces that have nothing at all to do with religion as well. But because some atheist or another (or some christian, or a representitive of any other group) does something 'evil' that doesn't somehow exonerate all other groups from their evil deeds. Mussolini's evil therefore I can't be evil doesn't hold up. Of course there's always the chance you could have meant to type "so obviously religion is not the ONLY source of evil." and if that's the case then I would have to agree with that statement. There's more evil in the world than you can shake a stick at, I would never dream of suggesting that religion is the root cause of all of it.

The real issue is a combination of unchecked pride combined with political power and resentment with excuses.  Anybody can do it with enough brains.

For hundreds of years religion was the political power. Church and state were one and the same. Unchecked power in the hands of any instituiton, religious or otherwise can only lead to bad outcomes. That's why the founders of my country insisted the church and state be separated and implemented a system of checks and balances so that no one person/group/branch could have unchecked power.

Plus, Jesus himself literally said that "do unto others" was more important, so the way I see it, if God does exist that those churches who abused his name are burning in hell.

So you literally heard him literally say this? Even the people who wrote the bible didn't hear the man say anything because it was written sooooo long after his alleged death. (not to mention his alleged hey-day) This is where the idea of "nonsense" comes in. You literally have people running around today, two thousand years later, who literally think that their dude Jesus literally dictated the bible to his buddies to write down for him word for word.

Also, as I said earlier pretty much every religion basically has some version of "do unto others" and there were already religions in existence a thousand years or more before Jesus came along. So even if he existed he did not invent "do unto others." I'm sure you're aware there is some debate over whether "Jesus" could actually be a compilation, or an amalgamation of several different historical figures and the authors just took literary license to roll them all into one character named "Jesus" or "Yeshua" or whatever his name may be in various different versions of the book. Just like they often do in the movies that are "based on a true story."

And finally, you guys really seem a bit too keen on this nutty sadisitc idea of billions of people "burning in hell" for all eternity. What's up with that? And you think I'm angry? I thought your religion ws supposed to be about peace and love and forgiveness?  

BTW: new gal, Goat and Killa are pretty much the Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau here.

Yeah OK, but what I need to know is which one of us is Jack, and which one is Walter?

A: you said "we atheists do n't hate God.". You assumes I was talking about a collective.

B: Starting a long ramble about religion with the word "nonsense" doesn't exactly say "not annoyed.". Nobody ever admits their judgement is dampened but they run the risk.

C. That hell comment was mostly to satisfy you.  I just didn't want to get into the whole Revelations/resurrection explanation so I gave you the short answer.

D. Do others is literally in the book of John.  But if you think nobody ever writes about historical figures they knew...

E: I never said atheists were a group, and I never said that religious evil was excused because one atheist did something evil.  My point was Mussolini was in the same boat as religious tyrants or any other tyrant.  Obviously you're misreading things, misinterpreting my words based on the beliefs of religious people you don't like.  You're not the first so I know the signs.  If you're gonna treat me that way then your posts aren't worth reading.

7 hours ago, Dead1 said:

Politics has an impact on our every day lives and at least in democracies well get a vote.

And a vote is kind of a purchasing decision so it needs information to be informed.  Sure most people in Australia vote cause they get fined if they don't and don't give two fucks about how the country's being run.

But you still hope to open some minds to different ideas so the vote they cast is based on some understanding of things .

After all as many great (now probably discredited) people all said in various forms: "an informed citizenry is essential to the healthy functioning of a democracy." 

I'm not saying blast people with messages like some demented preacher, but healthy discussion on this matter is IMO critical.

One of my favourite songs of all time!

Every thought, decision and opinion is shaped by predetermined events in reality. That is you. You are entirely shaped by predetermined events. Everything you are is predetermined. Everything you do or say influences everything around you. There it is. You don't exist. 

I might be wrong but I think GG’s Point was more to do with the fact religion, more often than not, is used as a justification for tyranny. It isn’t unique to Christianity, nor is it unique to any modern religions. Humanity has committed heinous atrocities in the name of their various gods for millennia Oh and while it is certainly true that atheists and agnostics have also committed terrible deeds neither of those groups are nearly as well represented.

oh and while it is certainly true that atheists and agnostics have also committed terrible deeds neither of those groups are nearly as well represented.

You’ll have to excuse the old goat he gets a little grumpy if he doesn’t have his morning dose of black metal…

25 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

I might be wrong but I think GG’s Point was more to do with the fact religion, more often than not, is used as a justification for tyranny. It isn’t unique to Christianity, nor is it unique to any modern religions. Humanity has committed heinous atrocities in the name of their various gods for millennia Oh and while it is certainly true that atheists and agnostics have also committed terrible deeds neither of those groups are nearly as well represented.

You’ll have to excuse the old goat he gets a little grumpy if he doesn’t have his morning dose of black metal…

I'm aware of that.  I think about that all the time.  I'm just trying to point out that religion itself isn't wrong, it just makes for a popular excuse.

B: ... OOOOOHHH.  He's an atheist because he's possessed!  That's fine.

28 minutes ago, Sardonicist said:

Every thought, decision and opinion is shaped by predetermined events in reality. That is you. You are entirely shaped by predetermined events. Everything you are is predetermined. Everything you do or say influences everything around you. There it is. You don't exist. 

Thanks, Dr. Malcolm.

wait a minute listening to black metal is a sign of daemonic possession now? Shit Cthulhu Won’t be happy, I pledge my fidelity to just one omnipotent supernatural entity you see a… I

won’t be happy, I pledge my fidelity to just one omnipotent supernatural entity you see a…

also if everything is predetermined I’ve just got one thing to say: screw destiny I have metal…

5 hours ago, Rexorcist said:

A: you said "we atheists do n't hate God.". You assumes I was talking about a collective.

B: Starting a long ramble about religion with the word "nonsense" doesn't exactly say "not annoyed.". Nobody ever admits their judgement is dampened but they run the risk.

C. That hell comment was mostly to satisfy you.  I just didn't want to get into the whole Revelations/resurrection explanation so I gave you the short answer.

D. Do others is literally in the book of John.  But if you think nobody ever writes about historical figures they knew...

E: I never said atheists were a group, and I never said that religious evil was excused because one atheist did something evil.  My point was Mussolini was in the same boat as religious tyrants or any other tyrant.  Obviously you're misreading things, misinterpreting my words based on the beliefs of religious people you don't like.  You're not the first so I know the signs.  If you're gonna treat me that way then your posts aren't worth reading.

A. If you said that even one single atheist hates God then you're wrong, because we can't hate someone that doesn't exist. God does not exist so we can't hate it. I can't say it any clearer than that. Only believers can hate god. Denying and hating are two entirely separate things. We don't hate Odin for example because most of us simply deny his existence. I'm also not in any way annoyed with Odin, again because he doesn't exist. Same with all the thousands of other made up gods, I treat them all exactly the same, yours is not in any way special.

B. Religion and supernatural beings are utter nonsense made up by primitive ancient peoples to explain things they couldn't find any other natural way to explain. Since then these devices have been used for thousands of years to enslave and control people.

If you're a christian then you yourself must believe this very same thing about thousands of the world's religions. All of them I'll assume, except of course for the one that you've been indoctrinated to belive is the lone exception. The one true one. But you are wrong, as are the believers in all the world's other thousands of religions. None of your gods are any more real than any of the other ones. I say this not in anger, but as a statement of logical fact.

Do you feel like your judgement is 'dampened' or that you're 'annoyed' when you deny these thousands of false gods and religions? All of them surely must have followers who would challenge our denial. I believe it's more likely that you're the one who's 'annoyed' and offended and possibly angry that someone dares to question or debunk ideas that you hold sacred.

But I'm certainly not annoyed. As a non-believer I can easily remain objective and dispassionate because I don't have any deep emotional connection with this subject matter. I simply look at it logically in a way that believers can't because they're too close to it.

I think nonsense is a good word here, non-sense, makes no sense. That's not meant as an inflammatory word or being used pejoritavely, I'm simply trying to convey that something makes no sense. As an iconoclast, I think that's about the nicest most respectful word I could have chosen. I'm not using hateful language or calling you names or disrespecting you personally. It's the ideas I'm challenging. You didn't invent religion or these concepts of supernatural god figures, right? So you're in the clear.

I've nothing to say about C. other than the concepts of heaven and hell are utterly ridiculous. 

D. Yes 'Do Unto Others' is in your bible, I know. My point, which you've completely missed apparently, is that basically all religions have some version of 'do unto others' and there are quite a few religions which predate christianity. Most of what you read in the bible, including 'do unto others' has been borrowed from other much older preexisting relgions. Most of these biblical concepts didn't all just start with Jesus and the new testament.

Yes of course people write about historical figures they knew. The bible though, or at least the New Testament (the old testament was written starting 3,400 years ago which was 1,400 years before Jesus) was not written by people who personally knew or who even existed contemporaneously with your savior Jesus. Some of it was written starting 40 years after he died, and some of it was written over a hundred years after his death. So it was written by many different men (by most accounts 35-40 authors) who made it up and borrowed from older religious writings that were also made up by men.

Religious scholars have argued for many generations about the various translations and their validity and accuracy. It really can't be construed as 'the word of god' as many people would like to claim. One really can't say "We know Jesus said xyz since it's in the bible" because the book is only a fictionalized historical account. There's never been anyone who could have claimed "it's all true, I know because I was there" It's merely a book based on a bunch of supposedly true stories that had been handed down over gerations.

E. I have been reading for a long time. I've gotten pretty good at it. I am not misreading or misinterpreting your words based on anything. I have friends who are religious, or at least believers in something. This isn't about me not liking religious people. It's these overarching religious concepts and institutions themselves that I challenge because I think they're based on nonsense. I have no anger towards the followers who I simply feel have been duped and indoctrinated into a cult.

People don't usually get angry at cult followers, we feel sorry for their inability to see the foolishness of it all and for their inability to find a way to escape from the cycle of madness. If anything we want to help them 'see the light' or 'smell the coffee' or something and help them escape. We bear no ill will toward them, we don't hate them or wish them any harm. Quite the opposite. I would go out of my way to aid and support anyone who was trying to break free from the oppression of religion or any other cult. I'm sure it must be a scary thing for one to question their faith and suddenly have to get used to going it alone and not having that backup they've been relying on all their lives. They would probably be needing all the kindness and support they could possibly get as they transitioned back into reality.

5 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

oh and while it is certainly true that atheists and agnostics have also committed terrible deeds neither of those groups are nearly as well represented.

No that wasn't really my point.

I do happen to agree with your statement that religions have been used as a basis for tyranny and evil, and I would add that they have historically been the greatest force for large scale evil in the world. But my point was simply that these concepts of omnipotent supernatural beings, and of afterlives are nonsense. Religions of all kinds are false because they are generally based on these false premises of omnipotent supernatural beings and the promise of an afterlife which are of course logically speaking both absolutely ridiculous.

Amusingly, most adherents of the world's various religions have no problem seeing how ridiculous the next guy's claims of what awaits them in his religion's promised afterlife, and the claims of his omnipotent supernatural deities are. Religious people can't seem to understand that the rest of world, both atheists and people of different faiths, see their claims as just as ridiculous.

And to you Blivvie I would add that atheists and agnostics are not groups. The various sects of islam and christianity for example are groups, because their members all share common beliefs. Atheists don't have any beliefs of our own, we simply reject the beliefs of other groups. Someone says "I belong to a group in which we all believe xyz" and atheists say "No, I can't go there with you, because it doesn't make any sense." That's atheism in a nutshell.

Let's say there's a group, we'll call it group A. You can't say that everyone who is not a part of a group A for any reason will then themselves constitute a new group of their own if the only thing they all have in common is not belonging to group A. We don't meet the criteria for being a group of our own because we have nothing linking us. We have no doctrine in common. We're all disparate and unconnected entities. 10 different atheists can give you 10 very different explanations of what they do and don't believe. Religions all share a common dogma within each sect and that's why they're groups and atheists are not.

But still, I don't think you can say that atheists have not been well represented in the historical group of people who have perpetrated atrocities. It's not a contest, and I can't give you any hard numbers on exactly how many atrocities or "terrible deeds" have been perpetrated and by whom. I don't think the numbers are equal by simple virtue of the fact that the overwhelming majority of world's population has identified as belonging to one religion or another for thousands of years. But I do believe atheists have 'done their share' and been fairly well represented considering we make up less than 10% of the world's population. 

A: you misread it again.  Atheists have told me they hated God, whether or not that makes sense to you, so you can't decide your beliefs are exactly the same as every atheist.

B. Your tone is practically dictating that I have a moral obligation to believe you.  You are angry and you know it.  I'm not continuing a conversation with a middle-aged man who is just barely avoiding telling me what to believe just because he didn't "phrase it" that way.  At least Oblivion can have a conversation without coming close to freaking out.

27 minutes ago, Rexorcist said:

A: you misread it again.  Atheists have told me they hated God, whether or not that makes sense to you, so you can't decide your beliefs are exactly the same as every atheist.

B. Your tone is practically dictating that I have a moral obligation to believe you.  You are angry and you know it.  I'm not continuing a conversation with a middle-aged man who is just barely avoiding telling me what to believe just because he didn't "phrase it" that way.  At least Oblivion can have a conversation without coming close to freaking out.

Haha I know I have a tendency to be verbose, but I'm honestly not angry at all and I'm certainly not freaking out. I have no 'tone' I'm simply speaking/typing my mind. I happen to really enjoy a good debate/discussion. I saw how much you talked when you first joined up, and I thought now here's a guy I can have some good conversations with! But if this conversation, or having your beliefs challenged is making you uncomfortable or it's too much for you and you're not having fun here then I apologize and I will stop. Have to go make the kid something to eat now anyway.

Just want to say before I go that I don't see how you can hate god if you don't believe in his existence. Maybe you could hate the idea of god and what he represents, or maybe you hate religion and you express that by saying "I hate god." Or maybe you're not actually an atheist if you hate god, maybe some part of you still believes but you just consider yourself an atheist becuse you hate god? Food for thought.

And you're right that I can't decide my beliefs are the same as every other atheist's, which is exactly what I've been saying this entire time, that we don't all share a common set of beliefs. I really think it's a good thing though for all of us, including me, to have our beliefs challenged from time to time. Exercise that grey matter.

Ok that's it, I swear I'm done now. Enjoy the rest of your day!

I just said I'm not replying to your posts on this topic anymore.  They always deny that they're angry and I'm certain that's what you're doing.  I will say this, though.  I caught the end: "And you're right that I can't decide my beliefs are the same as every other atheist's, which is exactly what I've been saying this entire time" which is why you said "none of us hate God."  Literally dictating and saying they all do the same thing aren't that different.  I repeat, they told me.  You're saying one thing and changing it because right now you're acting just like any overtly-religious person: afraid to be wrong.  I've argued with people like you, and I've argued with religious fanatics.

Those are my last words to you regarding this topic.  The rest will fall on deaf ears.

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Pointless argument No 321.

Heads and walls.

Yawn.

But you can't hate something you don't believe in.

Yes you can.  Why can't you hate something you think is fictional?  What if a certain fictional character acts in a way you really don't like?  Example: I can't even watch Harry Potter 5 again because I really hate people like Umbridge.  And I'm not alone in this.  There are people who can't take part in anything because, even if the character is fictional, the character may represent many things and behavioral patterns they are against.  And sometimes the behavioral patterns may be based on misconceptions because based on their willingly limited knowledge of a story, the information on the character may be wrong.  The idea it doesn't make any sense neglects the variety of human belief that was previously claimed to be believed in by posters here.  You can in fact hate a fictional character so much that you don't even want to watch or read anything in it.  And I'm not saying anyone here hates God, but there are people who claim to hate God on the Deviantart forums, and in real life, and I've met them.  It's brutally obvious that it's possible to hate something you believe is fictional, even if it doesn't make sense to you personally.  And just saying "you can't hate something you don't believe in" without explanation or dissection is effectively the same as deciding for people what they already believe despite not attempting to come from an authoritative standpoint.  I even knew a guy who hated Ren and Stimpy as characters because they were annoying and vulgar, and a lot of people hate Pepe Le Pew for being a so-called "rape icon," but don't hate the creators because they created other "good" or "great" and "harmless" characters,

New member signs up telling us how happy she is to finally be free of her religious upbringing and y'all spend two pages of her intro thread arguing about religion. Internet classic.

1 hour ago, Rexorcist said:

I just said I'm not replying to your posts on this topic anymore.  They always deny that they're angry and I'm certain that's what you're doing.

You've been here two weeks. You barely know any of us, let alone well enough to make that kind of assumption. Shouldn't you be turning the other cheek or posting unto others as you'd have them post unto you or something? How about you hit us with that top 100 list instead of tilting at windmills over here. I know it's hard to walk away from conversations like this, but trust me, you're better off.