I feel like I am alone...

Chaos_Instinct

Hello! I am new here so I do not know if this topic will show up but I hope it does :)

I came here because, I wanted to know if someone feels like I do or maybe I am just turning crazy! 

I am very happy person and very loving but I am feeling lately that I am starting to look people the other way. What I feel is maybe dumb because I am young in fact just turning 18 but I really love metal music especially black metal and death metal. I have been listening to metal since I was little boy but in 2022 I started to listen to more harsh stuff like black metal or death metal. I really love it because I feel it connects me somehow, I even read black metal book (I Never usually read but this just shows how much I love this kind of music and community). Like I said I was and still I am really happy person but I feel like all other people are just the same, and by that I mean people how listen like rap on pop or some other kind of genres. I just feel that everything they listen to is that some guy raps about wanting to sleep with one girl or cries about girl. And do not get me wrong I listen to all sort of music even rap but old school more if I ever listen to it. I just feel like metal genre or rock even feels like something different, I feel like I am more then people who just listen to club music or something. I never was like that. But I just feel like they do not even deserve this sort of music that I listen to, I feel like they are so controlled and they just want to be trendy and they do not even understand what song is telling you or what is going on they only care about beat and some girls or something.

When I meet like with new people, like girls for example, and I ask them what they are doing or listening to, they are all like lil nas x or some kind of new rap artist. And every time when I hear that I feel like this girl is like all the other girls nowadays. I am speaking like I am old man maybe :grin:  but I feel like people in my age are so stupid and they do not know what they are doing or what is really going on in this world, I feel like they are just random NPC or robots who do the same things and listen to same music. Like I said before maybe I am just turning crazy but I really do feel like that and It makes me kind of hate people. I especially get mad when someone is talking shit about metal genre because I feel like they do not know even what they are talking about, they all think this is just screaming and they can not understand anything and they are satanist or something. I have even started to be alone because I do not know anyone my age who is listening same music as me or thinking like me. NOW  IT MAY SOUND THAT I CHOOSE PEOPLE OF THEIR MUSIC TASTE AND THATS NOT TRUE!!! I choose people how they think about life or overall how they are thinking and what they are doing overall. but I never show it out. I have lots of friends but more I grow, more I feel like they are not like me and I am starting to drift away from them because I feel like I am different and I want to meet people who are like me. I feel like there is no point talking to people who are just so blind and dumb. Maybe I am just massive ego and if I am I really want to but end to this but it is how I feel and It all started when I started to look world other way around not like people my age look at it and metal music has helped me a lot. But of course I go to parties and talk to other people and other girls and hang out but deep inside I feel like they are just same and it is very rarely that I find someone who is really interesting or awesome person.

And that is why I came here because I know metal community is community who are like me. But I wanted to ask one question. Am I just ego person or Am i just stupid and young or Maybe someone has felt same thing like I do.

Can you help me please?

I felt the same at your age.  For most people metal was bloody Korn or Limp Bizkit.  It was really hard to get actual metal - even Iron Maiden wasn't available in local shops let alone Napalm Death or newer stuff like Nevermore or Dark Tranquillity.

I remember saying to a friend I wish I could get a hold of more thrash metal and he suggested Pennywise (a pop punk band!)  

But I also appreciated being an individual in my local .  Sure everyone else had their pop rock, nu-metal, dance music etc but I had true metal and it felt like it was all mine.

When I was 19 a dude opened up a metal shop and I was in heaven.  Moved to Hobart (our capital) and shop there sold stuff like Kreator and Carcass - it was bliss.  

And then you start to meet other metalheads too at these shops and find out about more underground gigs where you meet more metalheads.

And then there's this forum where we are all pretty dedicated to metal in one way or another.

• 1 month later...

I feel the same way! Lots of people my age don't even know what metal is!

My friends pretend to understand it, but they really don't. 

I don't mind, because my friends and I like Weezer, and other bands like RHCP and Primus, (i dont just listen to metal ;))  so we have that in common. i managed to get one friend into metal, and another into animals as leaders, but still, with my casual friends and classmates, none of them like metal.

Its quite frustrating.

• 1 month later...

i feel this way sometimes, however many of my freinds are into different musical styles and 2 of them are into metal, thanks to me. i showed another freind slayer and he said it was sick. 

my advice would be to apprechiate who you are, and um, someone should mention your not crazy mate. crazy is patrick bateman, not feeling isolated because of your musical tastes. your not crazy, thats my advice

• 1 month later...

Alone with a hi fi system and some metal music. When this is not contentment, there are things to contemplate, it is the puzzle to solve. 

Relationships are the distraction from ones self, the void. The human animal, the meat, speaks only of lack, there is always need for what is not. The internet is also the distraction from myself, what the fuck am I doing back online? When I am typing insane crap that no one understands, or fallen into a browse trap, gratification seeking with the screen, I am not really listening to music. 

The music is good, typing this shit is bullshit. Goodnight.