Hello from my room

rattleheadz

Hello, due to privacy reasons I won't be disclosing my real name but you guys can call me "Rattle" :-)

I am a gal who really likes death metal, thrash metal, nu-metal, not a huge fan of black metal but I quite enjoy Bathory.

The reason why i chose to join this web page is to discover more metal bands, I feel like I listen to the same bands all the time! 

Hoping to make some friends along the way as well, really happy and excited to be part of this community :D 

- Rattle

4 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Welcome. Plenty of death metal floating around. Less of the other stuff. We have stickied threads full of recommendations in our subgenre forums, and some people have broken out their year end lists by genre if you're looking for the freshest cuts. Hope you enjoy the place.

Thanks! Will definitely check those forums out. 

29 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

I've always stuck by the old maxim: you generally can't trust:

People who don't drink

People who don't swear

People who don't like black metal

😈💀😈💀😈💀😈💀😈

I understand where you're coming from. If I had to choose between trusting a politician or a black metal fan, I might choose the black metal fan.

3 hours ago, KillaKukumba said:

Black metal fans are the most trustworthy people in the world

(I'm not being forced to say this by the over whelming majority of black metal fans on this site I promise!!)

I don't know if the pic was supposed to be a shark or an orca, but I'm fine with it being either.

I've always assumed (correctly I might add) that it was a cucumber that had been purposefully peeled to resemble an orca whale. Hence the nick: KillaKukumba

Do not trust this guy with your kids!

IMG-20211101-WA0000.thumb.jpg.fb761bf116f258a37cefa96093d57331.jpg

My wife as the Squid Game boss, me, and my niece this year at the small town trick-or-treating event in middle America. Literally a town where strangers feel comfortable walking up to ask if you have accepted Jesus as your personal savior etc. etc. Hopefully we made an impression.

23 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

I've always assumed (correctly I might add) that it was a cucumber that had been purposefully peeled to resemble an orca whale. Hence the nick: KillaKukumba

I did blatantly steal the image from the interwebs so I can't take credit for that, or lay claim on what sort of animal it should be. My brother used to work in fruit and veg (eons ago) and he used to spend a lot of time making different shapes and animals out of different foods just to put on the shelf. I never asked him whether his design was a shark or a whale but it whenever he did it it was always with other sea creatures and it was the killer cucumber.

22 minutes ago, Hungarino said:

My Mum used to write that on pictures of me and I didn't need make up!!

Well orcas are also known as the "killer whales" so I assume that's where the "killer cucumber" name came from. Very Nice! :D 

2 hours ago, Hungarino said:

IMG-20211101-WA0000.thumb.jpg.fb761bf116f258a37cefa96093d57331.jpg

My wife as the Squid Game boss, me, and my niece this year at the small town trick-or-treating event in middle America. Literally a town where strangers feel comfortable walking up to ask if you have accepted Jesus as your personal savior etc. etc. Hopefully we made an impression.

Nice pic dude!

5 hours ago, rattleheadz said:

Kinda off topic, but I was wondering what some of your fav bands are? Trying to expand my taste a little :) 

Welcome,

All the genre sections here have a recommendations thread pinned to the top of most of them so that would be a great place for you to expand your horizons.

Hope you find something new.

EDIT - see FatherA has already said the above.  Apologies, too much eggnog.

11 hours ago, rattleheadz said:

Probably that option too Haha. 

Kinda off topic, but I was wondering what some of your fav bands are? Trying to expand my taste a little :) 

It's okay, I'll let you go off topic in your own thread :)

Much to the disappointment of some I'm mainly into thrash. I do listen to pretty much everything except rap and dance music but my main focus for a while now has been thrash. I could probably name at least one band for every letter in the alphabet when it comes to what I like, but faves for me seem to change depending on many factors.

5 hours ago, KillaKukumba said:

It's okay, I'll let you go off topic in your own thread :)

Much to the disappointment of some I'm mainly into thrash. I do listen to pretty much everything except rap and dance music but my main focus for a while now has been thrash. I could probably name at least one band for every letter in the alphabet when it comes to what I like, but faves for me seem to change depending on many factors.

Im actually into thrash as well! never understood why other fellow metalheads find it disappointing, Ive only been in this community for about a year or two so maybe thats why haha. i actually used to think almost everyone was into thrash but I was pretty wrong, majority of metalheads seem to prefer death metal

15 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Welcome,

All the genre sections here have a recommendations thread pinned to the top of most of them so that would be a great place for you to expand your horizons.

Hope you find something new.

EDIT - see FatherA has already said the above.  Apologies, too much eggnog.

Right! I keep forgetting about this, thank you very much for reminding me. 

I just assume everyone is normal and likes thrash, even when they prove otherwise I don't believe them. :)

Thrash seems to go through fazes where it's talked about a lot by a wide group, or it's talked about a lot by a small group. I suppose like every genre it has it's haters but each to their own. I hang shit on black metal fans but I don't hate their music or them, (well not all of them). If someone talks trash about the music I listen too I figure they are just stirring up shit like I do, I don't take anything too seriously.

I've always found it to be pretty ridiculous when people get suuuper offended after you sh!t on a certain genre or band. People have gotten mad at me plenty of times for saying that i dislike x artist or x band, and it's like woahhhh calm down!! It's my own taste and preference in music!! Geez... 

I LOVE thrash, especially how fast and raw it is. It was the first metal genre i ever discovered so I guess that's why it holds a special place in my little heart :D 

2 hours ago, rattleheadz said:

I LOVE thrash, especially how fast and raw it is. It was the first metal genre i ever discovered so I guess that's why it holds a special place in my little heart :D 

I assist with curating a thrash playlist each month for a Spotify "radio" station (always feel ridiculous describing it as a radio station - it clearly isn't) and I hadn't been a regular listener of thrash for a while when they approached me last year.  As well as the conventional thrash metal that I am familiar with they want crossover, technical, speed metal and groove metal included - none of which are real strong points for me.  I have found some decent stuff though whilst pulling the lists together and it has certainly reignited my interest in thrash as a genre of metal.  Been absolutely battering Condor and Nekromantheon for a few weeks now it must be said.

Sub genres annoy the crap out of me. I understand people's need to name everything and apply little groups to them, it makes some people feel special, but I don't need that shit and will therefore never make the effort to understand it. I listen to metal, I can and will differentiate bands when I want to but when people start talking about a hundred different varieties of thrash because someone doesn't think "X" band quite fits into the same genre as every other band before them I just turn off.