Upcoming Albums/New Releases, 2022 Edition

Dead1

11 hours ago, Dead1 said:

Saxon - Carpe Diem

Out 4 February 2022.

Still kicking arse after 40+ years!

Too fuckin right!! Saw them live 3 days ago in Manchester and they were absolutely phenomenal! Biff was mind blowing 71 and sounding as incredible as ever, I preordered Carpe Diem while I was at the gig hahaha

Not sure how well I'll be able to keep up the pace for the next few months. Semester just started, and while it's (hopefully) my last one, it's looking like it's going to be a bruiser

...anyway, not sure if this got posted yet

Vicious Knights - Alteration Through Possession

Greek death/thrash...not the heaviest thing out there, but it zips along at a good pace

On 2/3/2022 at 11:24 PM, SurgicalBrute said:

Not sure how well I'll be able to keep up the pace for the next few months. Semester just started, and while it's (hopefully) my last one, it's looking like it's going to be a bruiser

You better stick around or I'm driving out to Anne Arundel in a beat up pickup truck and a shovel. 

What are you getting your degree in? My wife finished hers a Mount Saint Mary's U, she took one class a semester and then picked up the pace-took her 6 years to finish her undergrad while working full time and being a Mom. I stepped up cooking dinner, taking our daughter to activities and being home in the afternoon when she got off the bus through the evening. It's not easy. I know that for sure. Congratulations for seeing the end in sight. 

54 minutes ago, markm said:

You better stick around or I'm driving out to Anne Arundel in a beat up pickup truck and a shovel. 

What are you getting your degree in? My wife finished hers a Mount Saint Mary's U, she took one class a semester and then picked up the pace-took her 6 years to finish her undergrad while working full time and being a Mom. I stepped up cooking dinner, taking our daughter to activities and being home in the afternoon when she got off the bus through the evening. It's not easy. I know that for sure. Congratulations for seeing the end in sight. 

Thanks man...I appreciate it!

They call it a Business Tech Administration degree, but it's essentially a Business Management degree. It just puts a larger focus on Information Systems like data collection and distribution. Figured this would give me a little flexibility in the job market.

I started with just one class to test the waters, but finally managed to get up to three per semester. Not sure if your wife ran into this issue, but UMBC seems obsessed with group projects (i.e....me and 3 or 4 parasites riding my coattails to good gades 😁) so anything beyond that felt like it was going to take more attention then I had to spare. I was fairly lucky going back though, because I did have a large chunk of the general studies stuff already finished from my first go-around with school. Even with that it's taken about 4 years to get it done.

14 minutes ago, SurgicalBrute said:

Thanks man...I appreciate it!

They call it a Business Tech Administration degree, but it's essentially a Business Management degree. It just puts a larger focus on Information Systems like data collection and distribution. Figured this would give me a little flexibility in the job market.

I started with just one class to test the waters, but finally managed to get up to three per semester. Not sure if your wife ran into this issue, but UMBC seems obsessed with group projects (i.e....me and 3 or 4 parasites riding my coattails to good gades 😁) so anything beyond that felt like it was going to take more attention then I had to spare. I was fairly lucky going back though, because I did have a large chunk of the general studies stuff already finished from my first go-around with school. Even with that it's taken about 4 years to get it done.

Well done my man. I think you and Navy are about the same age so I have at least 10 on you. In Brenda's case she was able to take classes as a bennie for working at the Mount. The U is supposed to encourage employees furthering her their education but she had a control freak selfish boss and co worker who seemed to begrudge her and made it difficult...like some of the classes were during her work day and they just made it hard. But, like you, she found a way. And like you she had a bunch of credits from other colleges and U's...ended up getting an art degree as that's where most of her credits were with a human services minor. She actually uses her art degree in a sense as she's one of the go-to's on campus for desk top publishing art, brochures and web shit like that. It was one of the hardest things she's ever done. I'm proud of her doing it in her 40's and finally got her diploma at 50. She says other than our daughter and marriage it's her most meaningful accomplishment. She was so proud and I'm proud of her. And she's no slacker, having earned employee of the month at least twice and serving on committees as an admin and not a prof.  You got this man! You won't regret the work when it's all said and done.

50 minutes ago, markm said:

You got this man! You won't regret the work when it's all said and done.

Yeah man...I have to admit, I'm actually pretty excited about it, and hopefully being able to turn it into something better for my wife and I.

Mycorrhizae - S/T

If you guys haven't checked out Big Bovine Studios on Bandcamp before, I'm pretty sure it belongs to Travis Minnick, who was the drummer for False, and he releases music from his other projects on there. Last years Kaldeket was really good, and this year he just released this Mycorrhizae demo, which I have to say is pretty snazzy if you like fuzzy, lo-fi, melodic black metal

Can't wait for the new album "Hail to the Heroes" by Girish and the Chronicles.  Killer hard rock/metal band from India.  Their 2020 release "Rock the Highway" was a true breath of fresh air, and I can't wait to see where they go on this new release, set to come out on Friday, February 11. 

4 hours ago, zackflag said:

Eldritch - I Shall Raise My Burning Sword (BM, UK)

That Eldritch didn't grab me the first time I heard it. But then Surge posted it and the second time through the light went on. Now it's probably my favorite 2022 release along with Storm Kvlt, but the year is young I only have a small handful so far.

Anachoret - Syndrom, Atmo-black Germany, might be my next