True crime

Innominate

On 2/25/2021 at 6:53 AM, Innominate said:

Ah yes, yes... I shall seek it out. Is it called Alcatraz: Search for the Truth? I bet David Gold knows if it's the Anglins or not.

I finally got around to seeing Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Ol' Chuck didn't have much of a role in that movie.

Yeh..I think that was the one. I tried to find it on YouTube for you but can't find the full thing, I thought I saw it on YouTube but was maybe on the telly. Haha yeh Dave will know! I'll have to see if he has any vids about it.

Ah what did you think ? No Charlie wasn't in it much at all..

Edit- he does have a vid about the alleged pic of the Anglins. It is crazy. Watch it. 

21 hours ago, Natassja said:

Yeh..I think that was the one. I tried to find it on YouTube for you but can't find the full thing, I thought I saw it on YouTube but was maybe on the telly. Haha yeh Dave will know! I'll have to see if he has any vids about it.

Ah what did you think ? No Charlie wasn't in it much at all..

Edit- he does have a vid about the alleged pic of the Anglins. It is crazy. Watch it. 

It was a pretty good movie. The ending was great, and I liked how the family was portrayed.

Goddamn... there's a lot to unpack with that video lol I can't comment on one particular thing. It's like that video where he cracked the cipher and it's just meaningless gibberish. I almost feel bad for the guy. I can't tell if he has problems, he's trying to sell a book or if he's similar to one of those people that believe they've been abducted by aliens.

1 hour ago, Innominate said:

It was a pretty good movie. The ending was great, and I liked how the family was portrayed.

Goddamn... there's a lot to unpack with that video lol I can't comment on one particular thing. It's like that video where he cracked the cipher and it's just meaningless gibberish. I almost feel bad for the guy. I can't tell if he has problems, he's trying to sell a book or if he's similar to one of those people that believe they've been abducted by aliens.

Yeh was a cool movie!

I think I'm leaning to that same conclusion.. :P

I saw a very interesting 3 part documentary about the Jim Jones cult on BBC in the Storyville series. It starts off showing what happened at the end first. It looks like it's from a zombie movie such as Romero but it's as I remember news footage of the passed away. Sad and spooky. The documentary covers everything from the beginning to the tragic end of it all. It was so interesting, spooky and sad at same time. Very atmospheric and difficult to switch it off. The cult seemed to good to be truee  to me and was although leaving the cult could be rather tricky.   Bit where the cult attacked the visiting Congress people was unexpected. It was like something from a movie and more exciting than many for me

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody got any recommendations for documentaries on cults. I saw one about the Jim Jones cult and would not say I enjoyed watching it but it was definitely an interesting experience if not a bit disturbing. Recommendations will be appreciated. Are there any good documentary on the Waco standoff re the davidian cult

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 10:25 PM, Natassja said:

. @Fraser

I watched a YouTube vid other night about some killer who appeared on a dating show in USA, he actually won the date with the lady who apparently wouldn't go out with him cos she thought he was creepy. He looked a bit like Ramirez. Don't know much about him though. Good job she didn't go on the date. 

Looks like your instincts were right with this unusual man natassja, maybe he had the Jim Jones effect.  watching those videos definitely creeped me out. He was the cult leader from San Francisco. You probably know. Saying that I reckon most creepy people are harmless. Course there's always the ones you don't suspect. Blondie singer Debbie Harry reckons she almost got taken by Ted Bundy and he didn't creep her out at all. Have you heard about this one. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 8:22 PM, Innominate said:

This is the thread for anyone interested in serial killers, cults, and crime to discuss any stories they've found and/or any media (books, TV shows, youtube videos, documentaries, etc.) on the subject. I believe @Natassja, @Fraser and I were talking about Danilo Restivo in the Horror Films thread...

innominate have you seen the dark side of the ring chris benoit documentary at all. very compelling and watchable. very long but goes by so quick. definitely an interesting case. very memorable for all the wrong reasons. i was a fan of chris benoit back in the day but obviously murdering his wife and son did put me off and still does a bit. the concussions may very well played a big part so maybe benoit was not complete monster. 

On 4/26/2021 at 5:35 PM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

innominate have you seen the dark side of the ring chris benoit documentary at all. very compelling and watchable. very long but goes by so quick. definitely an interesting case. very memorable for all the wrong reasons. i was a fan of chris benoit back in the day but obviously murdering his wife and son did put me off and still does a bit. the concussions may very well played a big part so maybe benoit was not complete monster. 

I have not. But thanks for reminding me, it was something that I've meant to get around to watching. Any episodes that you'd recommend to start out on, or should I just begin at the beginning?

On 4/29/2021 at 1:35 AM, Innominate said:

I have not. But thanks for reminding me, it was something that I've meant to get around to watching. Any episodes that you'd recommend to start out on, or should I just begin at the beginning?

its definitely interesting program. i saw it on you tube. best to start with epoiside 1 imo of the chris Benoit documentary. if you do see it let me know what you think. theres a few curveball moments in there too. so thrilling and sad. 

On 2/13/2021 at 1:50 AM, Fraser said:

Yeh I am fully aware of the story and the backstory, as it was so close to home I was quite interested and did my own morbid investigating. 

fraser you mention this about local crime. friends of ours was visiting local town in the sticks. they asked us whats do you know about the town, whats best thing about it. i said nothing i know about there apart from that odd double murder of those two girls a number of years ago by the caretaker at there school. we even googled the town of Soham near Cambridgeshire and this was  top of the list. i dont know how you can really respond to this as its just a statement. some things you can never forget especially if its crime that happened near where you live. fortunately thats last crime like this round here that i know of. well worth a google search though. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Natassja said:

Watched a docu about Charles Manson's grandson claiming his body and sorting out his funeral arrangements etc. Was quite interesting. Amazing what you find on YouTube. 

That's something different and interesting.  Do you have a link to it?

On the subject of Manson, I watched a documentary series on him called Helter Skelter.  It was pretty new and circular, but very interesting.

2 hours ago, Balor said:

That's something different and interesting.  Do you have a link to it?

On the subject of Manson, I watched a documentary series on him called Helter Skelter.  It was pretty new and circular, but very interesting.

Yeh it was, I'll post it below when I get home and find it. That series sounds interesting too. 

On 7/2/2021 at 2:54 PM, Natassja said:

Watched a docu about Charles Manson's grandson claiming his body and sorting out his funeral arrangements etc. Was quite interesting. Amazing what you find on YouTube. 

Wikipedia is interesting too. read interesting bio about manson and ramirez on there. no way it justifies what they did but they both had hard lives even before they went really bad. may watch the documentary 👍

21 hours ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Wikipedia is interesting too. read interesting bio about manson and ramirez on there. no way it justifies what they did but they both had hard lives even before they went really bad. may watch the documentary 👍

If Ramirez did not end up doing what he did with the life he had, I would be surprised.

8 hours ago, Natassja said:

Did he have a crap upbringing? I don't know anything about him much tbh, I'll have to check it out sometime.

It was really bad from what I remember.  Ramirez saw his cousin (a killer and rapist himself) shoot his wife, and I am sure there is much more.

53 minutes ago, Balor said:

It was really bad from what I remember.  Ramirez saw his cousin (a killer and rapist himself) shoot his wife, and I am sure there is much more.

Yeh Ramirez really did not have a good start, his cousin as you say was a sick fucker. A Vietnam war soldier who raped, tortured and murdered during the war and took pictures which he then showed to Ramirez at 12 years old. There was also documentation of his dad abusing him and tying him to a crucifix as punishment. 

Obviously cannot condone or sympathise with his crimes but you do get an understanding that he is a product of environment, all to often abused leads to abuser 

It unfortunately is interesting subject matter @blaaacdoommmmfan just shows the morbid curiosity of humanity! Well..to some of us anyway. Yeh seems like most serial killers have fucked up childhoods. Same with arseholes who abuse their dogs and wonder why they go and attack people.  And yeh, it no way excuses their abhorrent crimes but just goes to show... I saw a docu years ago and they did tests on criminals pickled brains and i'm certain they came to some conclusion that the parts of the brain that computes lets say 'empathy' was particularly damaged even hardly existing. Fred West apparently had some sort of brain damage from a fall I remember reading. I'd be interested to find out about Bundy's background. I'm sure he said he had a good childhood in an interview, then again he was a narcissist so probs lied most of the time. Unbelievable to watch him in court. Sick delusional fucker.

On 7/7/2021 at 2:27 AM, Natassja said:

It unfortunately is interesting subject matter @blaaacdoommmmfan just shows the morbid curiosity of humanity! Well..to some of us anyway. Yeh seems like most serial killers have fucked up childhoods. Same with arseholes who abuse their dogs and wonder why they go and attack people.  And yeh, it no way excuses their abhorrent crimes but just goes to show... I saw a docu years ago and they did tests on criminals pickled brains and i'm certain they came to some conclusion that the parts of the brain that computes lets say 'empathy' was particularly damaged even hardly existing. Fred West apparently had some sort of brain damage from a fall I remember reading. I'd be interested to find out about Bundy's background. I'm sure he said he had a good childhood in an interview, then again he was a narcissist so probs lied most of the time. Unbelievable to watch him in court. Sick delusional fucker.

your right weve all got a shared interest in things morbid😃i suppose what interests me is you assume they was just born evil then background information just makes compelling but sad reading alot of time, definitely such actions of ramirez and bundy etc cant be excused as ok imo though, 

re bundy, he was just a monster imo, apparently blondie reckons she almost got made by bundy, accepting a lift by friendly stranger, no handles on inside of door and window had no handle either, she fought her way out which likely saved her life,  well its another Wikipedia nugget.  out of interest have you seen the newish bundy film with efron as bundy. 

interesting what you say about west and the others, 

natassja i will have to watch the bundy court video, i will probably be yelling at the screen, 😫

24 minutes ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

your right weve all got a shared interest in things morbid😃i suppose what interests me is you assume they was just born evil then background information just makes compelling but sad reading alot of time, definitely such actions of ramirez and bundy etc cant be excused as ok imo though, 

re bundy, he was just a monster imo, apparently blondie reckons she almost got made by bundy, accepting a lift by friendly stranger, no handles on inside of door and window had no handle either, she fought her way out which likely saved her life,  well its another Wikipedia nugget.  out of interest have you seen the newish bundy film with efron as bundy. 

interesting what you say about west and the others, 

natassja i will have to watch the bundy court video, i will probably be yelling at the screen, 😫

I didn't know that about Debbie Harry, I'll have to check it out, thanks for info. I'm not sure if i've seen that Bundy film, i'll have a look..yep he was a monster. His arrogance in court was unbelievable. He studied law and also had a Bachelors degree, he defended himself at his trial, but you probs know this. He even proposed to his girlfriend at his trial. fucking nuts.