Upcoming Albums/New Releases, 2021 Edition

FatherAlabaster

Charnel Grounds - Molecular Entropy Examined in the Bowels of a Great One / Dissonant technical DM

https://charnelgrounds.bandcamp.com/album/molecular-entropy-examined-in-the-bowels-of-a-great-one

Wharflurch - Psychedelic Realms ov Hell / Swampy doomy DM, Florida, releases Sep 3

https://personal-records.bandcamp.com/album/psychedelic-realms-ov-hell

Septage - Septisk Eradikasyon / Grindy DM, Denmark, releases Aug 13

https://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/septisk-eradikasyon

Veilburner - Lurkers in the Capsule of Skull

Really looking forward to this release. I have a huge weakspot for this band.

Witch Vomit - Abhorrent Rapture

Tombstoner - Victims of Vile Torture

Helslave - From the Sulphur Depths

Anakim - The Elysian Void

Kryptan - Kryptan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys and goats, I have been totally slammed and missed metal forum-ing, and mostly lost track of a lot of posts and releases and such. But I do have a few notables I have been spinning and want to share! (I can hear the collective "Thank Beelzebub!" go out across the cybersphere)

*Disclaimer! I did not double check the true release for all of these - but according to BC they are 2021s. Sometimes a re-release will sneak its way in or contradict MA, and usually I am a stickler for accurate posting!

ALSO - I did not search to see if these were posted already! I also attribute correctly as much as possible and if you posted any of these then good on ya, mate!

Stress Angel - Bursting Church, Blackened death/thrash from Brooklyn that is not poseury and slays.

Stress Angel - Bursting Church | Dying Victims Productions (bandcamp.com)

Oxygen Destroyer - Sinister Monstrosities Spawned By the Unfathomable Ignorance of Humankind, blackened death/thrash from Seattle

Sinister Monstrosities Spawned By the Unfathomable Ignorance of Humankind | Oxygen Destroyer (bandcamp.com)

Bloodspawn - s/t, Filthy tomb metal, yes I just made that up. If you want to know what tomb metal is listen to this. St. Louis, USA.

Bloodspawn | Bloodspawn | Dismal Fate Records (bandcamp.com)

Гробъ - Смирение (Humility), Melodic black metal, one-man act from Bulgaria. One of the better releases you will find on More Hate prod.

Смирение (Humility) | Гробъ | More Hate Productions (bandcamp.com)

ReDimoni -On the Brink of Existence, Thrash from Spain, vocals are going to be hit or miss but overall this is a great EP with a lot of riffs and some leads and changes to chew on.

On The Brink Of Existence | ReDimoni (bandcamp.com)

Cultum Interitum - Veneration Of The New Dawn, Ok, finally some evil gnarly shit. Hypnotic, dark and menacing blackened death doom from Poland.

Veneration Of The New Dawn | Cultum Interitum (bandcamp.com)

Prieuré - La foi des bourreaux, French black metal that is fairly raw but slays with riffs, tempo and some melody

La foi des bourreaux | Prieuré | Vetus Capra (bandcamp.com)

Ondfødt - Norden, Finnish black. 1 promo track but this is wicked good stuff here.

Norden | Ondfødt | Immortal Frost Productions

CRESCENT - Carving the Fires of Akhet, Egyptian blackened melodic DM. Not going to lie I tend to like the whole Egyptian DM thing, even if these vocals are a bit off. 

Carving the Fires of Akhet | CRESCENT | LISTENABLE RECORDS (bandcamp.com)

Amnessia Eterna - Malditos, Chilean thrash/heavy metal that is muy caliente! And polished! Great sound and feel to this promo track.

Malditos | Amnessia Eterna (bandcamp.com)

Venefixion - A Sigh From Below, French DM. Promo track slays.

A Sigh From Below | Venefixion (bandcamp.com)

Sjenovik - Dissolution of Innocence, tortured, defiant and pretty good black metal from...Phoenix? 

Dissolution of Innocence | Sjenovik | Aphotic Sonance (bandcamp.com)

PANDEMIC OUTBREAK - Skulls Beneath the Cross, Polish DM that slays. One of my favorite straight DM releases so far!

Skulls Beneath the Cross | PANDEMIC OUTBREAK | Awakening Records (bandcamp.com)

Shapeless - He Who Whispers Across All Dimensions, Raw atmo-black from Australia that is worth a look if only for the sick af art.

He Who Whispers Across All Dimensions | Shapeless (bandcamp.com)

Gautam Buddha - Rebirth Part 1, Shout out to my man Navy, this one is Buddhist black metal/noise that honestly I like in theory more than the actual listening, but it is pretty cool.

Rebirth Part 1 | Buddha (bandcamp.com)

UNIVERSALLY ESTRANGED - Reared Up In Spectral Predation, DM debut from Texas, If you like the last Tomb Mold this is sorta like that with more bounce and some 'spacy' effects. Nice and trippy at times.

Reared Up In Spectral Predation | UNIVERSALLY ESTRANGED | Blood Harvest (bandcamp.com)

Dungeon Serpent - World of Sorrows, to Canada for some more slay-acious death thrash.

World of Sorrows | Dungeon Serpent (bandcamp.com)

Beastlor - Galaxies of Death, Fair bit of wankery at play here, Thatguy is probably all over this, but its actually pretty cool. Post black DM. USA.

Galaxies of Death | Beastlor (bandcamp.com)

Militaria - Remains With Pain, One man Aussie Thrash that kills the throwback vibe, but with an un-ironically serious theme.

Remains With Pain | Militaria (bandcamp.com)

Exaversum - To Live And Die With, One man Mexican black metal. 

To Live And Die With | Exaversum | Marwolaeth Records (bandcamp.com)

Plague Lord - The Silent King, Aussie DM that blends three or so main styles all of which kick ass.

The Silent King | Plague Lord | Iron Blood and Death Corporation (bandcamp.com)

Ok, that's part 1

Hey Hungalicious, what's shakin' bud? Sorry to hear you've been so slammed with work lately but I'm glad you were able to make time to stop by and post some new releases for us. A few of these have definitely been posted already, Humility, Cultum Interitum, Ondfodt, Crescent, Dungeon Serpent...but it might not all have been here on this, the appropriate thread. Have to admit I've gotten lazy of late and taken on the bad habit of just posting new stuff on the WAYLTN thread most of the time. But I reckon as long as it gets posted somewhere we're all good.

I feel you of late brother Hunglikeahorse. Work has kept me so busy of late that I haven't really had time to dig into Bandcamp as much as I like. Looks like we're heading towards another big COVID run this fall and winter which means more long days at work and related silliness. I'm completely dependent on you guys posting new shit to find anything these days, so I appreciate the effort.

11 hours ago, Hungarino said:

Gautam Buddha - Rebirth Part 1

This is pretty cool (save for the atrocious drum sounds). Definitely looks to be Indian, but the riffs sound very European at times. Some interesting melodies. Annoyingly, the band/album have such a common name that I can't seem to find any info on them. Would be interesting to read a bit of the backstory on this and how they relate black metal to Buddhism.

11 hours ago, Hungarino said:

Stress Angel - Bursting Church

I've been jamming this one a bit too. Vocals aren't the strongest, but overall a decent effort.

I'll have to check out the rest.

Part 2

Earthe - The Path To Where You Belong, Endless blues derived heavy metal riffage with Scott Weiland/John Bush vocals and some Pantera attitude. This one is a banger front to back, no corpse paint required.

▶︎ The Path To Where You Belong | Earthe | Careless Records (bandcamp.com)

Warmoon Lord - Battlespells, Surely someone posted this already, because its one of the best black metal releases this year imo. Finland.

Battlespells | Warmoon Lord (bandcamp.com)

Black Hosts - Onward Into The Abyss, High octane blackened speed/thrash from Poland. EP

Black Hosts - Onward Into The Abyss | Helldprod Records (bandcamp.com)

Rotten Funeral - S/T, A little raw and unhinged and very evil and satanic. NY

ROTTEN FUNERAL | ROTTEN FUNERAL | Transylvanian Recordings (bandcamp.com)

FOSSILIZATION - HE WHOSE NAME WAS LONG FORGOTTEN, More tomb metal! Like choking on a pile of dust from the floor of an ancient mausoleum. (and that title could really explain a lot, really most, people so its not very helpful). Brazil.

FOSSILIZATION - HE WHOSE NAME WAS LONG FORGOTTEN | FOSSILIZATION | Transylvanian Recordings (bandcamp.com)

Ascended Dead/Atomicide - Split, Beastial war-goat destruction!!!

Ascended Dead/Atomicide | Ascended Dead / Atomicide | Dark Descent Records (bandcamp.com)

GOAT TYRANT - Towards The Threshold Of Death, Awesome black thrash goat metal here. Poland

Towards The Threshold Of Death | GOAT TYRANT | Fallen Temple (bandcamp.com)

Defacement - S/T - Cavernous black death with brutal sensibilities. Netherlands.

Defacement | DEFACEMENT | I, Voidhanger Records (bandcamp.com)

BELLICISTE - Deathsworn, Icy black from New Zealand

BELLICISTE - Deathsworn | BELLICISTE | OBSCURANT VISIONS (bandcamp.com)

Next, maybe a mid-year list. But I need to see what else the General has been posting first and catch up some. 

1 hour ago, Hungarino said:

Next, maybe a mid-year list. But I need to see what else the General has been posting first and catch up some. 

I have posted plenty of 2021 releases as always Hungarooni but they're mostly on the WAYLTN thread. Some can be found here on this new & upcoming thread as well, but it's probably only 25% of them here and 75% over there. We've only been signed up here for like 3 months so it might still be possible for you to catch up.

I did also post a mid-year list a few weeks ago, someone made a thread just for that which should be easy enough to find and there are only a handful of responses on a single page as it didn't get a lot of feedback. Come to think of it I've actually only posted my mid-year black metal list as of yet, I still need to post my mid-year list for everything else, i.e. death metal and black/death. Thst list has been made so I'll do that later and also my top 10-20 albums of each year from 1975 til today list is ready to go as well, just have to write some bullshit as a preface and post it.

On 5/26/2021 at 6:53 PM, AJ2 said:

I can't wait for Helloween's self-titled release in June. Here is a taste of things to come:

Now that this album has been out for a bit, I can confirm that it's an excellent album.  Really cool idea to bring all 3 vocalists into the mix to create one beautiful piece of melodic power metal.  Kiske will always be my favorite Helloween singer, but you really can't go wrong with any of them.

• 2 weeks later...