Jump to content

Metal Bands in Your Country or Area You Recommend


Recommended Posts

On 2/21/2021 at 8:42 AM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Yowie good to hear from you. 

I've listened more to the cremated enemy  album and it's more death metal for me. Real classic stuff reminds me of obituary in places. Something about some of solos especially.  When I listen to devils spawn that's got a big lamb of God sound in there. The tunes amazing though, so catchy. May well Check out newer stuff onyou tube. Thanks

Thanks for singing tips. ?

Yeah definitely if you've got project I'd be interested and no doubt a few others including ludo would be too. 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks man! Devil Spawn is definitely the most popular song with people. 

Will let you when there's any progress with the project. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2021 at 9:23 AM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Will you do a Metallica  a unforgiven and have devil spawn sequels. Or is it standalone

Never thought of that. I think at this point, it'll stand alone. But, now that you've mentioned it, it's something to consider.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 12:00 AM, Yowie said:

Never thought of that. I think at this point, it'll stand alone. But, now that you've mentioned it, it's something to consider.

Would be a challenge for sure. Also depends on how much the band and you like the song.imo and few others  It's one of the best on the album too. It's gets you going 👏👏🤘🤘👻👻😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2021 at 8:17 PM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Would be a challenge for sure. Also depends on how much the band and you like the song.imo and few others  It's one of the best on the album too. It's gets you going 👏👏🤘🤘👻👻😁

Thanks :) 

I'll try remember to mention the idea to the rest of the band and see what they say. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Yowie said:

Thanks :) 

I'll try remember to mention the idea to the rest of the band and see what they say. 

They might say. Were not fecking Metallica. 🤬Tbh such a reaction would be worth it in my book. Especially if they were overly emotional. You never know could work.

Apparently swimming can be good for vocal technique. Apparently something to do with learning to control  breathing better  can help improve vocal power alot 🎤🎶🤪 svalbards singer mentioned it in interview in recent metal magazine I got. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 9:56 AM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

They might say. Were not fecking Metallica. 🤬Tbh such a reaction would be worth it in my book. Especially if they were overly emotional. You never know could work.

Apparently swimming can be good for vocal technique. Apparently something to do with learning to control  breathing better  can help improve vocal power alot 🎤🎶🤪 svalbards singer mentioned it in interview in recent metal magazine I got. 

That sounds like it could be a good technique to help with breathing. Getting your breathing right is very important. I've only ever done one show drunk. I hated it, because I was messing up my breathing patterns. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Yowie said:

That sounds like it could be a good technique to help with breathing. Getting your breathing right is very important. I've only ever done one show drunk. I hated it, because I was messing up my breathing patterns. 

Man, I can't play or do vocals after drinking anymore. I just don't enjoy it. My favorite vocal exercises for growling are actually clean singing warmups, I find that I have a lot more control if I spend some time doing those first. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Man, I can't play or do vocals after drinking anymore. I just don't enjoy it. My favorite vocal exercises for growling are actually clean singing warmups, I find that I have a lot more control if I spend some time doing those first. 

I've never thought to try clean singing warm ups hahaha. Might give it a go for something different.
My warm ups have been screams and growls at a low volume so no-one thinks there's someone being killed behind or side of stage. :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Yowie said:

I've never thought to try clean singing warm ups hahaha. Might give it a go for something different.
My warm ups have been screams and growls at a low volume so no-one thinks there's someone being killed behind or side of stage. :D 

I do that too! The clean stuff really helps with breathing and it seems to help me keep a more consistent tone. My voice has been weird since Covid though, TBH I'm not sure if I'll be doing live vocals again. 

The guy from Jute Gyte apparently had the cops called to his home by a mailman who thought he was torturing someone, and he had to let them in and show them his recording studio before they'd believe him...

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

 

...The guy from Jute Gyte apparently had the cops called to his home by a mailman who thought he was torturing someone, and he had to let them in and show them his recording studio before they'd believe him...

Hahahaha... that's gold!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 11:17 PM, Yowie said:

That sounds like it could be a good technique to help with breathing. Getting your breathing right is very important. I've only ever done one show drunk. I hated it, because I was messing up my breathing patterns. 

doing a show drunk must be hard. i did whisky tasting other day and afterwarrds we read some poems. i was too drunk to do the poem justice. it annoyed me a bit tbh. thanks for all the vocal ideas. it's interesting. im no singer at the moment but have done stuff in the past. lately i do have a laugh with friends and family with guttoral vocals. it certainly gets peoples attention 😁 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2021 at 8:01 AM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

doing a show drunk must be hard. i did whisky tasting other day and afterwarrds we read some poems. i was too drunk to do the poem justice. it annoyed me a bit tbh. thanks for all the vocal ideas. it's interesting. im no singer at the moment but have done stuff in the past. lately i do have a laugh with friends and family with guttoral vocals. it certainly gets peoples attention 😁 

I think I could enjoy doing poems drunk 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Join Metal Forum

    joinus-home.jpg

  • Our picks

    • Whichever tier of thrash metal you consigned Sacred Reich back in the 80's/90's they still had their moments.  "Ignorance" & "Surf Nicaragura" did a great job of establishing the band, whereas "The American Way" just got a little to comfortable and accessible (the title track grates nowadays) for my ears.  A couple more records better left forgotten about and then nothing for twenty three years.  2019 alone has now seen three releases from Phil Rind and co.  A live EP, a split EP with Iron Reagan and now a full length.

      Notable addition to the ranks for the current throng of releases is former Machine Head sticksman, Dave McClean.  Love or hate Machine Head, McClean is a more than capable drummer and his presence here is felt from the off with the opening and title track kicking things off with some real gusto.  'Divide & Conquer' and 'Salvation' muddle along nicely, never quite reaching any quality that would make my balls tingle but comfortable enough.  The looming build to 'Manifest Reality' delivers a real punch when the song starts proper.  Frenzied riffs and drums with shots of lead work to hold the interest.


      There's a problem already though (I know, I am such a fucking mood hoover).  I don't like Phil's vocals.  I never had if I am being honest.  The aggression to them seems a little forced even when they are at their best on tracks like 'Manifest Reality'.  When he tries to sing it just feels weak though ('Salvation') and tracks lose real punch.  Give him a riffy number such as 'Killing Machine' and he is fine with the Reich engine (probably a poor choice of phrase) up in sixth gear.  For every thrashy riff there's a fair share of rock edged, local bar act rhythm aplenty too.

      Let's not poo-poo proceedings though, because overall I actually enjoy "Awakening".  It is stacked full of catchy riffs that are sticky on the old ears.  Whilst not as raw as perhaps the - brilliant - artwork suggests with its black and white, tattoo flash sheet style design it is enjoyable enough.  Yes, 'Death Valley' & 'Something to Believe' have no place here, saved only by Arnett and Radziwill's lead work but 'Revolution' is a fucking 80's thrash heyday throwback to the extent that if you turn the TV on during it you might catch a new episode of Cheers!

      3/5
      • Reputation Points

      • 3 replies
    • I
      • Reputation Points

      • 1 reply
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/52-vltimas-something-wicked-marches-in/
      • Reputation Points

      • 3 replies
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/50-queensryche-the-verdict/
      • Reputation Points

      • 0 replies

    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/48-candlemass-the-door-to-doom/
      • Reputation Points

      • 1 reply
×
×
  • Create New...