Metal Bands in Your Country or Area You Recommend

Ludo

On 2/21/2021 at 8:42 AM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Yowie good to hear from you. 

I've listened more to the cremated enemy  album and it's more death metal for me. Real classic stuff reminds me of obituary in places. Something about some of solos especially.  When I listen to devils spawn that's got a big lamb of God sound in there. The tunes amazing though, so catchy. May well Check out newer stuff onyou tube. Thanks

Thanks for singing tips. ?

Yeah definitely if you've got project I'd be interested and no doubt a few others including ludo would be too. 

Thanks man! Devil Spawn is definitely the most popular song with people. 

Will let you when there's any progress with the project. 

On 3/3/2021 at 9:23 AM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Will you do a Metallica  a unforgiven and have devil spawn sequels. Or is it standalone

Never thought of that. I think at this point, it'll stand alone. But, now that you've mentioned it, it's something to consider.

On 3/8/2021 at 12:00 AM, Yowie said:

Never thought of that. I think at this point, it'll stand alone. But, now that you've mentioned it, it's something to consider.

Would be a challenge for sure. Also depends on how much the band and you like the song.imo and few others  It's one of the best on the album too. It's gets you going 👏👏🤘🤘👻👻😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2021 at 8:17 PM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Would be a challenge for sure. Also depends on how much the band and you like the song.imo and few others  It's one of the best on the album too. It's gets you going 👏👏🤘🤘👻👻😁

I'll try remember to mention the idea to the rest of the band and see what they say. 

19 hours ago, Yowie said:

I'll try remember to mention the idea to the rest of the band and see what they say. 

They might say. Were not fecking Metallica. 🤬Tbh such a reaction would be worth it in my book. Especially if they were overly emotional. You never know could work.

Apparently swimming can be good for vocal technique. Apparently something to do with learning to control  breathing better  can help improve vocal power alot 🎤🎶🤪 svalbards singer mentioned it in interview in recent metal magazine I got. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 9:56 AM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

They might say. Were not fecking Metallica. 🤬Tbh such a reaction would be worth it in my book. Especially if they were overly emotional. You never know could work.

Apparently swimming can be good for vocal technique. Apparently something to do with learning to control  breathing better  can help improve vocal power alot 🎤🎶🤪 svalbards singer mentioned it in interview in recent metal magazine I got. 

That sounds like it could be a good technique to help with breathing. Getting your breathing right is very important. I've only ever done one show drunk. I hated it, because I was messing up my breathing patterns. 

58 minutes ago, Yowie said:

That sounds like it could be a good technique to help with breathing. Getting your breathing right is very important. I've only ever done one show drunk. I hated it, because I was messing up my breathing patterns. 

Man, I can't play or do vocals after drinking anymore. I just don't enjoy it. My favorite vocal exercises for growling are actually clean singing warmups, I find that I have a lot more control if I spend some time doing those first. 

5 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Man, I can't play or do vocals after drinking anymore. I just don't enjoy it. My favorite vocal exercises for growling are actually clean singing warmups, I find that I have a lot more control if I spend some time doing those first. 

I've never thought to try clean singing warm ups hahaha. Might give it a go for something different.
My warm ups have been screams and growls at a low volume so no-one thinks there's someone being killed behind or side of stage. :D 

9 hours ago, Yowie said:

I've never thought to try clean singing warm ups hahaha. Might give it a go for something different.
My warm ups have been screams and growls at a low volume so no-one thinks there's someone being killed behind or side of stage. :D 

I do that too! The clean stuff really helps with breathing and it seems to help me keep a more consistent tone. My voice has been weird since Covid though, TBH I'm not sure if I'll be doing live vocals again. 

The guy from Jute Gyte apparently had the cops called to his home by a mailman who thought he was torturing someone, and he had to let them in and show them his recording studio before they'd believe him...

9 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

...The guy from Jute Gyte apparently had the cops called to his home by a mailman who thought he was torturing someone, and he had to let them in and show them his recording studio before they'd believe him...

Hahahaha... that's gold!

On 4/6/2021 at 11:17 PM, Yowie said:

doing a show drunk must be hard. i did whisky tasting other day and afterwarrds we read some poems. i was too drunk to do the poem justice. it annoyed me a bit tbh. thanks for all the vocal ideas. it's interesting. im no singer at the moment but have done stuff in the past. lately i do have a laugh with friends and family with guttoral vocals. it certainly gets peoples attention 😁 

On 4/12/2021 at 8:01 AM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

doing a show drunk must be hard. i did whisky tasting other day and afterwarrds we read some poems. i was too drunk to do the poem justice. it annoyed me a bit tbh. thanks for all the vocal ideas. it's interesting. im no singer at the moment but have done stuff in the past. lately i do have a laugh with friends and family with guttoral vocals. it certainly gets peoples attention 😁 

I think I could enjoy doing poems drunk 😄

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Really enjoying this at the moment. Depravity, brutal, technical death metal from Perth, Australia.

I have to admit it bums me out a little to see another band called Depravity, even if the Finnish group was short-lived and it's a meaningless coincidence and there's always room for more than one band to have the same name. 

On 4/7/2021 at 4:48 PM, FatherAlabaster said:

The guy from Jute Gyte apparently had the cops called to his home by a mailman who thought he was torturing someone, and he had to let them in and show them his recording studio before they'd believe him...

Haha well it's Jute Gyte, even the music sounds like he's torturing someone. Good thing they didn't shoot him.

On 5/13/2021 at 11:12 AM, FatherAlabaster said:

I have to admit it bums me out a little to see another band called Depravity, even if the Finnish group was short-lived and it's a meaningless coincidence and there's always room for more than one band to have the same name. 

Just had a look and Metal Archives and there's 7 bands named Depravity on there. I'm guessing there could even be more around the place.