The Rock Superhost in Venice - Accommodation, Walking and Food Tours for Rock & Metal Friends

Ludo

Hail Dear Rock & Metal Friends,

in case someone is interested in coming to Venice and Italy, when travel will be possible again... I'm your one and only Rock Superhost !

My Telegram Venice Rocks Channel

See Reviews on Me 

See my Room for Solo Travelers

See My Walking Tours and My Rock Channel

See My Gofundme Idea

Hope to meet you in Venice some day ! :-)

Ciao
Ludo

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

🤘 Last Week in Venice and in Rock & Metal Music History
From My Telegram Channel:

🎸5 April 1973. Le Orme, seminal Prog Rock band from Venice release their masterpiece Felona e Sorona with the collaboration of Peter H... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks 
  🎸7 April 1978. The Police release their first single Roxanne but BBC radio refuses airplay... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks 
📽️7 April 2009. The Fakir of Venice, Hindi-language comedy drama is released... Read More and See Trailer on Venice Rocks
😈8 April 1692. Giuseppe Tartini, the violinist of the Devil was born in Pirano, Istria, at the time part of the Republic of Venice... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks 
🍾8 April 1962. Happy Birthday to Mr. Izzy Stradlin, former member and co-founder of Guns'n'Roses and... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks 
🎸9 April 1994. Far Beyond Driven by Pantera is the most violent and extreme album ever to peak... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks 
🎧 9 April 1860. The first known and oldest surviving recording of the human voice is made in Paris... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks 
🎸10 April 1989. Sonic Temple by The Cult is released with a super production and best... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks
🍾10 April 1950. Happy Birthday to John Burke Shelley, bassit/vocalist of seminal heavy metal band Budgie and incredible sosia, double, look-a-like of... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks

Hope you enjoy ! 😃

🤘 Last Week on Venice Rocks

🍾12 April 1944. Happy Birthday to John Kay, singer, guitarist and frontman for late 60s and early 70s American rock band Steppenwolf  Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks 
📽12 April 1985. Ladyhawke, medieval dark fantasy film starring M. Broderick, R. Hauer, M.Pfeiffer is released, entirely filmed in Italy... Read More and See Trailer on Venice Rocks 
🎸13 April 2021. Stars of Steel, Heavy Metal project made of 28 fellow Metalheads from Sardinia island, Italy, release first single... Read More and Listen on Venice Rocks
🎸14 April 1980. The day Heavy Metal came from England, Iron Maiden debut album and Judas Priest’s British Steel are released the same day... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks
🍾14 April 1945. Happy Birthday to Mr. Ritchie Blackmore, founder and Guitar God of Deep Purple and Rainbow... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks 
📜 15 April 1423. Francesco Foscari is elected 65th Doge (governor) of Venice, a crucial and legendary figure for the city and the longest reign... Read History on Venice Rocks 
🎸 16 April 1954. Freak Antoni is born in Bologna, Italy: leader and founder of Skiantos, first and seminal Italian punk comedy rock band in the 70s ... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks 
🍾17 April 1964. Happy Birthday to Maynard James Keena, founder and leader of Tool, A perfect Circle, Puscifer and winemaker like his Italian... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks
🍾18 April 1974. Happy Birthday to Mark Tremonti, founding member, guitarist and occasionally vocalist of Creed, Alter Bridge, Tremonti... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks

Hope you enjoy ! 😃

🍾19 April 1957. Happy Birthday to Tony Martin, Black Sabbath singer and frontman for 10 years (1987-1997) and still one of the best…  Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks 
👨🎨19 April 1768. Canaletto, Italian painter from Venice, one the most important "vedutisti" of the 18th-century... Read and see More on Venice Rocks 
🎸20 April 1968. The Rolling Stones record Jumpin' Jack Flash. Creative Process: it was of course springtime and... Read More and Listen on Venice Rocks
🍾20 April 1967. Happy Birthday to Mr. Mike Portnoy, one of the best heavy progressive metal drummers and a legendary musician if you think... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks
🍾21 April 1947. Happy Birthday to Iggy Pop, a living legend and a true music and image icon who crossed the decades until today, remaining... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks 
🍾21 April 1959. Happy Birthday to Mr. Robert Smith (The Cure) a guy that can be immediately recognized fo his huge influence on the goth subculture... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks
🍾22 April 1950. Happy Birthday to Mr. Peter Frampton, guitarist, singer, songwriter, and producer, after forming Humble Pie... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks 
🎸22 April 1966. 55 years ago The Beatles record a song that seems to come from another planet, something never heard before... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks
🎸23 April 1971. The ninth studio album Sticky Fingers is released, the first under the new Rolling Stones Records, which symbol is this irreverent... Read and Listen More on Venice Rocks
📜 24-25 April. Bocolo Celebration Read History here and Patron Saint Mark in Venice Read History here... 

Hope you enjoy ! 😃

The Complete Venice Guide With Your Rock Superhost.

📜📸Venice 1600 Anniversary.  Read the Full Foundation History on Venice Rocks 
📜📸 Sestiere Santa Croce.   See My Santa Croce Guided Tour on Venice Rocks 
📜📸 Sestiere Dorsoduro.     See My Dorsoduro Guided Tour on Venice Rocks 
📜📸 Sestiere San Polo.         See My San Polo Guided Tour on Venice Rocks 
📜📸 Sestiere Cannaregio.    See My Cannaregio Guided Tour on Venice Rocks 
📜📸 Sestiere Castello.          See My Castello Guided Tour on Venice Rocks 
📜📸 Sestiere San Marco.     See My San Marco Guided Tour on Venice Rocks 

Hope you enjoy… and if you plan to come to Venice… come wander with me! 😃

Quarantine: pandemic, viruses, lockdown, restrictions, masks, "wash your hands" etc.
Unfortunately all around the world we got used to these words and hopefully it looks like we are reaching the end of this nightmare, whatever it was.
Do you know that Quarantine is a Venetian word? Venice was the first city in the world to invent and implement "Quarantena" (which in Italian stands for "40 days"). This dates back in Medieval times due to the frequent plagues that threatened the city.
Venice was the biggest port in the world and every ship (and its crew) that came from abroad was forced to stay 40 days "parked" in one of the numerous islands of the Lagoon, to prevent the spread of illnesses unknown to the city. This of course didn't work all the time, because the hygiene standards were rather poor and plagues spread anyway, but in centuries the Quarantena practice saved millions of lives for sure and was then adopted by all countries in the world as a standard of health control.
I post a video of my Venice Quarantine Tour across the Lagoon, anyone can enjoy with me when here. 😃🤘