How's Corona virus affecting the world of metalheads

On 3/16/2021 at 1:51 PM, FatherAlabaster said:

You're right about all of this, but I think the perception that "the vaccine will give you blood clots" is too much of a PR nightmare for Europe when they're already struggling against more widespread opposition to vaccines in general than the rest of the world, 

Your right about opposition to the vaccine in Europe. I wasn't aware of this, an Italian neighbor was saying in Italy there's loads of people who are putting off having the vaccine. Am I right in Assuming it's the media who've scared people in to not wanting the vaccine. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man I thought it was bad here. Obviously it doesn't make me feel better to know other countries have it as bad as here or worse it just makes me angry and sad especially with the UK government whos st

My experience of testing here in the northeastern USA has been crappy. The free testing locations are always full - which means that some people are getting tested, which is great, but it seems imposs

I'd like to make it extremely fucking clear for everybody posting here that misinformation about the pandemic won't be tolerated. We don't need it. We need people to care about public safety. We need

1 hour ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Your right about opposition to the vaccine in Europe. I wasn't aware of this, an Italian neighbor was saying in Italy there's loads of people who are putting off having the vaccine. Am I right in Assuming it's the media who've scared people in to not wanting the vaccine. 

I doubt it, but I really don't know. Maybe that's true in the case of AstraZeneca, those reports freaked people out. According to what I've read, cultural resistance to vaccines in Europe goes back a long way, and it's more entrenched than it is here in the US. Would be interested to hear more about this from our European members.

My wife is a healthcare worker, and she's scheduled for her first shot this coming weekend. Hope it doesn't hit her too hard. Looks like I'll be eligible next month, which means that soon, I can sign up to get on a list so they can call me and put me on another list.

Speaking of skepticism and hesitancy, the guitarist from one of my bands was talking about trying to set up a show for this July...

20 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

I doubt it, but I really don't know. Maybe that's true in the case of AstraZeneca, those reports freaked people out. According to what I've read, cultural resistance to vaccines in Europe goes back a long way, and it's more entrenched than it is here in the US. Would be interested to hear more about this from our European members.

My wife is a healthcare worker, and she's scheduled for her first shot this coming weekend. Hope it doesn't hit her too hard. Looks like I'll be eligible next month, which means that soon, I can sign up to get on a list so they can call me and put me on another list.

Speaking of skepticism and hesitancy, the guitarist from one of my bands was talking about trying to set up a show for this July...

Thanks alabaster for your amusing answer. 

Re the vaccine my sister had one dose of astra zeneca. She felt pretty bad afterwards for a few days, same with mum. 

Probably good idea to set up a july show. Even if it's optimistic. Ive got a family holiday booked for July and even though we're not leaving the country I am bit skeptical whether it will happen. Still both show and my holiday could happen. 

Do you reckon social distancing will continue after most people have been vaccinated? I'm optimistically thinking yeah. Life back to normality but alot of people say otherwise.

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2021 at 1:15 AM, FatherAlabaster said:

good news. i got my first jab of astra zeneca last week. had to ask for it. sometimes thats needed with nhs in uk. no real side effects either apart from feeling like i was hungover next day after vaccination. has any else had there jab? have you had it father 😁

13 minutes ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

good news. i got my first jab of astra zeneca last week. had to ask for it. sometimes thats needed with nhs in uk. no real side effects either apart from feeling like i was hungover next day after vaccination. has any else had there jab? have you had it father 😁

Not yet, hopefully soon though. I just became eligible this past week while we were away, so I'll set up an appointment when I get back in town. Good on you for getting your jab and I'm glad to hear it wasn't too hard on you, my wife's first shot knocked her out for a week.

Got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine Wednesday and I had no ill effects like flu symptoms or rash or hangover or anything whatsoever. When I asked the pharmacist who jabbed me she did say that most people who complained of side effects after receiving the Moderna vax it wasn't until after the 2nd dose. I go back in 4 weeks for the 2nd round so we'll see.

22 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Not yet, hopefully soon though. I just became eligible this past week while we were away, so I'll set up an appointment when I get back in town. Good on you for getting your jab and I'm glad to hear it wasn't too hard on you, my wife's first shot knocked her out for a week.

alabaster i was lucky with jab. for sure. no real side effects unlike your wife who was hit hard for a week. ouch. my sister had it bad for a week too after having astra zeneca vaccine. apparently it works in similar way to Johnson vaccine and people react more to first dose and less the 2nd. thats what one of the workers was saying when i had vaccine. 

hopefully you will get your jab soon and will have mild side effects like me. 

On 4/26/2021 at 6:14 PM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

alabaster i was lucky with jab. for sure. no real side effects unlike your wife who was hit hard for a week. ouch. my sister had it bad for a week too after having astra zeneca vaccine. apparently it works in similar way to Johnson vaccine and people react more to first dose and less the 2nd. thats what one of the workers was saying when i had vaccine. 

hopefully you will get your jab soon and will have mild side effects like me. 

Thanks man... apparently it's worse for people who have already had COVID so I'm expecting something crappy. No worries though.

Edit - I'm about to find out for sure, I just scheduled my first appointment for this weekend. Pfizer. Wooo.