How's Corona virus affecting the world of metalheads

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man I thought it was bad here. Obviously it doesn't make me feel better to know other countries have it as bad as here or worse it just makes me angry and sad especially with the UK government whos st

My experience of testing here in the northeastern USA has been crappy. The free testing locations are always full - which means that some people are getting tested, which is great, but it seems imposs

I'd like to make it extremely fucking clear for everybody posting here that misinformation about the pandemic won't be tolerated. We don't need it. We need people to care about public safety. We need

5 hours ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

In the UK we are being asked to wear masks in shops now and in coffee shops for takeaway orders To honest prob need to read latest rules. Myquestion is What rules have other countries got. Do you have to wear masks or visors or gloves etc. 

In Melbourne masks are now compulsory. Everyone who goes outside unless they are jogging or riding a bike must wear a mask. We're really trying to stamp covid out altogether here. I think we'll get there, as we're certainly not taking any chances, since we've had the second spike. 

15 hours ago, Balor said:

Wow.  That's even worse than where I live, where exercise is (supposedly) exempt from compulsory mask rules.

Yeah, we're at about 400 new cases every day but we want it gone altogether. I'm all for it, personally, although wearing masks all the time is obviously pretty inconvenient.

I just want the pubs to re-open basically.... and gigs to go ahead. It's funny, I didn't realise how important those two indulgences were to my happiness before hahaha. 

23 hours ago, Requiem said:

In Melbourne masks are now compulsory. Everyone who goes outside unless they are jogging or riding a bike must wear a mask. We're really trying to stamp covid out altogether here. I think we'll get there, as we're certainly not taking any chances, since we've had the second spike. 

It's interesting what's happened in Melbourne so thanks for info requiem. When I heard about wearing masks in all shops at all times my initial reaction was what the fuck. But I came on board to wearing the masks when I realised if wearing a mask means life can be more normal why not ?

I don't go to concerts for many reasons (one of which is the pretended fight which in Bulgarian is called "poggho" but IDK the English word for it). But if Thyrfing ever come to Bulgaria, I will go to their concert. :)
Since I don't go to concerts, the Corona situation doesn't affect me as bad as it may affect others.

• 2 months later...

So next week I should have been getting married for the second time (yep, go me) but COVID made us both so aware of how unpleasant a day it would be that we decided many months ago to postpone our wedding for 12 months.  Any day now I am expecting to be pulled into working on the Nightingale Hospitals again as we try and contain this disease.  Glad we took the decision to cancel the wedding and retain control of our day.  My future wife has finally found work after near 4 months of job interviews and countless knockbacks.

Hope you are all safe out there and your families too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd like to make it extremely fucking clear for everybody posting here that misinformation about the pandemic won't be tolerated. We don't need it. We need people to care about public safety. We need you to wear a goddamn mask and try your best to keep yourself and the people around you healthy. It might be difficult, but it's not complicated. The news about the vaccines is really promising. The end of this might actually be in sight. Let's keep our eyes on the ball here.

Stay safe everyone.

13 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

I'd like to make it extremely fucking clear for everybody posting here that misinformation about the pandemic won't be tolerated. We don't need it. We need people to care about public safety. We need you to wear a goddamn mask and try your best to keep yourself and the people around you healthy. It might be difficult, but it's not complicated. The news about the vaccines is really promising. The end of this might actually be in sight. Let's keep our eyes on the ball here.

Stay safe everyone.

Seconded.

• 3 weeks later...

I can speak about the situation in Italy after some months, though I think it's pretty much the same all over the world.

Many rock & metal venues around the country have closed down never to reopen again (or at least not run by the actual owners). Metal music in Italy still has a good following but it generally remains finite and limited to major cities like Milan (which definitely has the biggest and most famous and organized venues, more likely to survive). The "province" (as we call our country outside big cities) is struggling a lot.

On the other hand both big and minor bands are really struggling now, also due the fact that, as we all know, the majority of bands were already used not to make much money out of album sales, but with their live activity instead, which now has completely stopped and it's hard to predict anything better for 2021... the recent streaming "fashion" won't help much in my opinion.
Nothing has been announced here as concerns summer festivals and big tours for 2021, and I see that internationally we can count very few confirmations (and everyone is aware they are not sure anyway).

Personally I'm an old school Metalhead, and as I wrote in another topic I'm just feeling very lucky to have enjoyed and seen all the bands I wanted to see in the last 30 years ! I'm not too optimistic on the future of live metal music, at least not the kind of concerts we all were use to... social distancing and metal simply don't get along...

Important thing now is that we all can recover from this situation soon and as much "in parallel" as we can. Made up or not, everyone can have his mind and think whatever on this pandemic, but at the end of the day we are all in it and we must adapt and do what they tell us to do (right or not): the only way to hope we go back quickly to our previous life.

Be well my friends and wish we can meet soon again in a concert/festival ?

On 7/26/2020 at 5:24 PM, Valso said:

I don't go to concerts for many reasons (one of which is the pretended fight which in Bulgarian is called "poggho" but IDK the English word for it).

In italy is called "pogo" ??

• 1 month later...

In UK it's bit rubbish as the government doesn't test enough.other countries do more testing and it helps get the unidentified cases where you have covid but no symptoms. Also the fake news stories drive me nuts.latest one  My sister was convinced that infant children couldn't get it. I'm no scientist but to me sounds like bs to me. Mrs blaaacdoommmmfan who's a scientist agreed with me. Obviously looking forward to gigs soon. But I'm hoping to see gig in September. Maybe it will happen if vaccine gets roles out. Also other discussion is about people refusing to take vaccine. Again with fake scare stories about it. When I can get it. I will. 

My experience of testing here in the northeastern USA has been crappy. The free testing locations are always full - which means that some people are getting tested, which is great, but it seems impossible to get an appointment - and even if you have insurance, the paid locations make you pay out of pocket unless you get a referral from your doctor. So unless you have symptoms or you know for certain that you've been exposed, you can either pay anywhere from $80-$180 depending on the location, or you can suck it and wait.

Despite all of our precautions, my wife and son and I got COVID shortly before the new year. We didn't gather with anyone or go out anywhere, so I'm pretty sure we didn't spread it in turn, but it's really goddamn frustrating. Our best guess is that my wife caught it from a patient at work... one week before she would have been eligible for the vaccine. I was sick as fuck for a solid two weeks and I'm only starting to feel like myself. My wife had it a little easier but still not great, and she's taking longer to recover. Thankfully my son is alright. I hope everyone gets the vaccine. This experience has fucking sucked. 100% not recommended.

On 12/15/2020 at 4:42 PM, Ludo said:

?

On 1/17/2021 at 4:49 PM, FatherAlabaster said:

My experience of testing here in the northeastern USA has been crappy. The free testing locations are always full - which means that some people are getting tested, which is great, but it seems impossible to get an appointment - and even if you have insurance, the paid locations make you pay out of pocket unless you get a referral from your doctor. So unless you have symptoms or you know for certain that you've been exposed, you can either pay anywhere from $80-$180 depending on the location, or you can suck it and wait.

Despite all of our precautions, my wife and son and I got COVID shortly before the new year. We didn't gather with anyone or go out anywhere, so I'm pretty sure we didn't spread it in turn, but it's really goddamn frustrating. Our best guess is that my wife caught it from a patient at work... one week before she would have been eligible for the vaccine. I was sick as fuck for a solid two weeks and I'm only starting to feel like myself. My wife had it a little easier but still not great, and she's taking longer to recover. Thankfully my son is alright. I hope everyone gets the vaccine. This experience has fucking sucked. 100% not recommended.

Man I thought it was bad here. Obviously it doesn't make me feel better to know other countries have it as bad as here or worse it just makes me angry and sad especially with the UK government whos strategy doesn't seem like it's taking covid serious enough like the Christmas day ease of restrictions which always seemed crazy to me and yeh my aunt pushed the rules she met up with  16 others and I don't think that was isolated example. I bet in the UK it happened loads. 

It's excellent news that you, your wife and son are through worst of it. I just hope I don't get it as I've got mild asthma so I'm sure id get it bad. The electrician at work had covid and had it bad, breathing was alot harder, he said going up stairs was murder and he was so exhausted nearly all the time and that was month ago and he's working half hours because he can't do full week yet. Also When he was self isolating before the result came through the boss at work was trying to get him in work. If he hadn't Been so strong willed he would have gone in and infected aload at work. Thanks wise boss?

Definitely agree with you that everyone can have  the vaccine  and agree with  the medics and science people  who say it's our only way out of this   

• 4 weeks later...

More and more people are getting the vaccine in the UK including my brother who is a medic so hes front of line and my parents because of there  age. Also my sister got hers because she knew a medic who had spare ones after some people didn't show up for there jab. I'm kinda hoping when most people have had the jab we can get back to live shows again. I'm hoping for October but maybe I'm just too optimistic. Didn't go to that many shows a year but I really miss going. I'm sure I'm not only one.