Bloodstock 2020

Natassja

Bloodstock 2020 Thurs 6th - Sun 9th August. Derbyshire, England.

Phil Anselmo and The Illegals, Winterfylleth, Exhumed, Sylosis, Necrot, Jinger, Sacred Reich, Devin Townsend, Behemoth, Paradise Lost, Vio-lence, Cattle Decap, Judas Priest, Saxon, BDM, Orange Goblin to name a few.  Really great festival, if you haven't been then definitely give it a go! See you there.

18 hours ago, Natassja said:

Yeh, it's a good festival :) waiting to see who else is confirmed. You'll have to try and make it sometime. 

Great line-up. 

We were just talking today about how fantastic the European festivals are. Things are getting better in Australia regarding festivals, but still nothing like Download, Hellfest etc. 

At the moment it's me and Belief on ukuleles. 

7 hours ago, Requiem said:

Great line-up. 

We were just talking today about how fantastic the European festivals are. Things are getting better in Australia regarding festivals, but still nothing like Download, Hellfest etc. 

At the moment it's me and Belief on ukuleles. 

Yeh, we have some good ones. What festivals do you guys have there? I know zero about them.

Ok, i'll join you on tambourine :) 

On 12/22/2019 at 8:56 AM, Natassja said:

Yeh, we have some good ones. What festivals do you guys have there? I know zero about them.

Ok, i'll join you on tambourine :) 

Our average talent just went up dramatically! 

Our latest main festival in Australia is actually called Download, and I have a feeling it's related to the English version. It's only one day though, and they do Sydney and Melbourne. To get a sense of how hit and miss it is, I don't have a ticket yet for 2020 and may not go. Actually, I'll probably go, but I don't think True Belief can be induced to go as he's such a misanthropist. 

In 2019 Ozzy was supposed to headline but he pulled out, so the top bands were Judas Priest, Slayer, Ghost, Alice In Chains, Behemoth, that sort of thing. Pretty meat and potatoes line-up, so I'm hoping the 2020 edition throws in a Paradise Lost or a Katatonia to keep things interesting. 

The early announced 2020 line-up is a bit of a worry actually. Some good bands for sure, but a lot of shite. https://www.downloadfestival.com.au/lineup/poster

So yeah, Europe is the way to go. 

17 hours ago, Requiem said:

Our average talent just went up dramatically! 

Our latest main festival in Australia is actually called Download, and I have a feeling it's related to the English version. It's only one day though, and they do Sydney and Melbourne. To get a sense of how hit and miss it is, I don't have a ticket yet for 2020 and may not go. Actually, I'll probably go, but I don't think True Belief can be induced to go as he's such a misanthropist. 

In 2019 Ozzy was supposed to headline but he pulled out, so the top bands were Judas Priest, Slayer, Ghost, Alice In Chains, Behemoth, that sort of thing. Pretty meat and potatoes line-up, so I'm hoping the 2020 edition throws in a Paradise Lost or a Katatonia to keep things interesting. 

The early announced 2020 line-up is a bit of a worry actually. Some good bands for sure, but a lot of shite. https://www.downloadfestival.com.au/lineup/poster

So yeah, Europe is the way to go. 

Yeh, it's the same Download fest as here, I don't usually do Download, mostly for the reason that Bloodstock typically has 'heavier' bands. Mind you, I'd be there just for Carcass! I will have to check out our Download line up..  Dying to see who else is confirmed for Bloodstock.. 

edit-

It appears Carcass aren't on our line-up. Obituary are though :) 

4 hours ago, Natassja said:

Yeh, it's the same Download fest as here, I don't usually do Download, mostly for the reason that Bloodstock typically has 'heavier' bands. Mind you, I'd be there just for Carcass! I will have to check out our Download line up..  Dying to see who else is confirmed for Bloodstock.. 

edit-

It appears Carcass aren't on our line-up. Obituary are though :) 

Do you camp overnight and all of that?

When I went to Hellfest I stayed in a hotel room which was nice but made it really difficult to get to the site each day. 

On 12/25/2019 at 11:05 PM, Natassja said:

Yeh :) camping. Hellfest usually has great line up. I imagine you to stay in classy hotels. I like a nice hotel but I like to camp for the partying later on!

The thing is I party during the day so I’m done by the end of the night and just want a proper bed! But yeah that does sound awesome. 

If I see you at a festival let’s party. 

3 hours ago, Requiem said:

The thing is I party during the day so I’m done by the end of the night and just want a proper bed! But yeah that does sound awesome. 

If I see you at a festival let’s party. 

Sure, we can party! Best keep it to a muddy field, one can only imagine what the hotel room would end up like!

30 minutes ago, Natassja said:

Sure, we can party! Best keep it to a muddy field, one can only imagine what the hotel room would end up like!

Good point. Let's start in the muddy field and then we can get a room later on providing we aren't too dirty in it. 

5 hours ago, Natassja said:

It's ok, we can just find a hotel with a laundry service. We shouldn't be too cold for a couple hours in August.

I’m sure we’ll figure out a way to keep warm. 

There are only four bands still be announced for the Melbourne Download show. I really hope there are some decent acts added. 

Wish I lived in Europe. The devil take colonialism. 

3 hours ago, Requiem said:

I’m sure we’ll figure out a way to keep warm. 

There are only four bands still be announced for the Melbourne Download show. I really hope there are some decent acts added. 

Wish I lived in Europe. The devil take colonialism. 

Yeh, Download can be hit or miss..

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Bloodstock always puts on a good lineup and much heavier than download. It's great obituary are playing again in 20. Not seen them live but they are on me list ? 

Yeh Bloodstock is always great! Obituary are at Download, I should have been more clearer in that post above unless of course they are on Bloodstock line up now and I have missed it..Carcass at Australian Download which will be great, wish they were playing UK Download.

3 hours ago, Natassja said:

Yeh Bloodstock is always great! Obituary are at Download, I should have been more clearer in that post above unless of course they are on Bloodstock line up now and I have missed it..Carcass at Australian Download which will be great, wish they were playing UK Download.

It’s hard to justify the price of the ticket in Australia just to see Carcass and Testament, when My Chemical Romance, Deftones and Jimmy Eat World (fucking who??) are headlining. 

Sure Deftones are good value, but last year the headliners were Ozzy Osbourne (until he pulled out), Slayer and Judas Priest, with Behemoth and Ghost thrown in for good measure. 

I honestly don’t think I can justify a couple of hundred bucks to see a short set from Carcass, let alone Testament. It’s really sad. 

I might go to Maiden instead, having never seen them before. 

That's definitely a good point. If the lineup is not strong you got to ask yourself if it's worth going especially as the bands are very commercial metal if metal at all.  Since my wife's had kids I've struggled to make it to as many festivals as I would have liked so I've been to more smaller gigs, i saw anthrax with a double length show one year which was awesome. They may be older but they have so much energy and often at festivals they would only play for 30 mins or so like you said. Maiden I have been told are amazing live so prob best thing to do is see them that's if you can get tickets. 

2 hours ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

That's definitely a good point. If the lineup is not strong you got to ask yourself if it's worth going especially as the bands are very commercial metal if metal at all.  Since my wife's had kids I've struggled to make it to as many festivals as I would have liked so I've been to more smaller gigs, i saw anthrax with a double length show one year which was awesome. They may be older but they have so much energy and often at festivals they would only play for 30 mins or so like you said. Maiden I have been told are amazing live so prob best thing to do is see them that's if you can get tickets. 

I've loved Maiden over the years but never saw them because I wasn't huge on the albums they were promoting at the time. I think I need to see them now, however, because this could be the last chance I get! 

Alot of people I know highly recommend seeing maiden for the show as it's one of the biggest and best in metal even if the album's aren't your favourite plus in recent years the album's have got alot better especially since Bruce Dickinson returned  and your right they won't be doing the shows forever so probably worth it. Probably bloodstock 2020 for me and truth be told I have not been in a couple of years but that was due to seeing loads of gigs before hand and being told by the boss I could not go ?

1 hour ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Di'anno is doing a final concert with a band of ex maiden members. He's bowing out due to ill health so will last chance to see him perform at beermagedon festival Bromsgrove at end of august. Final show might be good. One last hurrah ????

Hmm Beermageddon ..sounds good :D might have to make the trip down.