Sign in to stalk this  
Necturion

Video Production

Thought I'd create a topic for this hobby.

I got back into video editing because I decided to produce a lyric music video for our upcoming album. I have so much fun producing it so far that I think about doing another one free of charge for bands I like, though it's a shitton of work. So far I've put in 15 hours of work and not even all assets are finished. Might also think about studying media design when my current job does not do it anymore. Damn, starting this again gave me so much hope for the future. :D

I've started editing vids with a "bought" version of sony vegas back in middle school and I've never used a different tool, though I might look into premiere and adobe AE when thigns get more serious, but now I am just doing it for fun so it's ok if it's not too professional I guess. I've entered AMV contestson local anime events as a teenager and it was always fun seeing reactions of people watching live. One time someone even shook my hand. Also, I brought some better music to these conventions :) Not into anime or tv shows in general anymore though. I'd love to learn AE for the layering feature which Vegas Pro requires a workaround to achieve.

Let's share some knowledge, feel free to post some vids you did!

I am going to let this run as it is a valid topic to have here, however the first hint of any promo stuff from anyone and this will have to be moved to the promo section (or worse, locked).

Again, not saying this is in the wrong place and I know the majority of our posters know and stick to the rules but I also know that the spammers out there on the web will target this thread.

If it is yours it is promotion that's the general rule here - not new I might add.  If your adding it to share without linking it to somewhere to increase "Hits", "Views" or "likes" this would suggest it is not for promotional purposes but neither I nor any of my fellow Moderators have time to police the detail of every link that comes up so are more than likely to treat it as spam.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to stalk this  

• Join Metal Forum

joinus-home.jpg

• Our picks

• Whichever tier of thrash metal you consigned Sacred Reich back in the 80's/90's they still had their moments.  "Ignorance" & "Surf Nicaragura" did a great job of establishing the band, whereas "The American Way" just got a little to comfortable and accessible (the title track grates nowadays) for my ears.  A couple more records better left forgotten about and then nothing for twenty three years.  2019 alone has now seen three releases from Phil Rind and co.  A live EP, a split EP with Iron Reagan and now a full length.

Notable addition to the ranks for the current throng of releases is former Machine Head sticksman, Dave McClean.  Love or hate Machine Head, McClean is a more than capable drummer and his presence here is felt from the off with the opening and title track kicking things off with some real gusto.  'Divide & Conquer' and 'Salvation' muddle along nicely, never quite reaching any quality that would make my balls tingle but comfortable enough.  The looming build to 'Manifest Reality' delivers a real punch when the song starts proper.  Frenzied riffs and drums with shots of lead work to hold the interest.

There's a problem already though (I know, I am such a fucking mood hoover).  I don't like Phil's vocals.  I never had if I am being honest.  The aggression to them seems a little forced even when they are at their best on tracks like 'Manifest Reality'.  When he tries to sing it just feels weak though ('Salvation') and tracks lose real punch.  Give him a riffy number such as 'Killing Machine' and he is fine with the Reich engine (probably a poor choice of phrase) up in sixth gear.  For every thrashy riff there's a fair share of rock edged, local bar act rhythm aplenty too.

Let's not poo-poo proceedings though, because overall I actually enjoy "Awakening".  It is stacked full of catchy riffs that are sticky on the old ears.  Whilst not as raw as perhaps the - brilliant - artwork suggests with its black and white, tattoo flash sheet style design it is enjoyable enough.  Yes, 'Death Valley' & 'Something to Believe' have no place here, saved only by Arnett and Radziwill's lead work but 'Revolution' is a fucking 80's thrash heyday throwback to the extent that if you turn the TV on during it you might catch a new episode of Cheers!

3/5
      • Reputation Points

• 1 reply
    • I
      • Reputation Points

• 1 reply
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/52-vltimas-something-wicked-marches-in/
      • Reputation Points

• 3 replies
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/50-queensryche-the-verdict/
      • Reputation Points

• 0 replies

• https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/48-candlemass-the-door-to-doom/
      • Reputation Points

• 1 reply