Anybody into DM and BM have a shameful hair band that they couldnt help but love?

Deadbydawn

True Belief reporting for duty.

Yes, both myself and the almighty Requiem enjoy the ‘light’ and the ‘shade’. From Mayhem & Marduk all the way through to Whitsnake, Warrant, the Crüe and the mighty Skid Row.

As grim and frost bitten as you may be, you owe it to yourself to borrow your sister’s pants, grab a pina colada and cruise the Sunset Strip. Join us.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:59 AM, True Belief said:

True Belief reporting for duty.

Yes, both myself and the almighty Requiem enjoy the ‘light’ and the ‘shade’. From Mayhem & Marduk all the way through to Whitsnake, Warrant, the Crüe and the mighty Skid Row.

As grim and frost bitten as you may be, you owe it to yourself to borrow your sister’s pants, grab a pina colada and cruise the Sunset Strip. Join us.

I'll second that, never got into Warrant though. I do hate Poison though and the pop side of cock rock. But the heavier side of cock rock I still like. I still listen to old Van Halen quite often. Some of the best singers were in cock rock, David Lee Roth, Axl Rose, Sebastian Bach, good stuff.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:20 PM, the_thrashing said:

I'll second that, never got into Warrant though. I do hate Poison though and the pop side of cock rock. But the heavier side of cock rock I still like. I still listen to old Van Halen quite often. Some of the best singers were in cock rock, David Lee Roth, Axl Rose, Sebastian Bach, good stuff.

Agreed, all 3 were really powerful front men and imhp--- I'd say Sebastian Bach had the better set of pipes.  To this day I still crank up the volume and play " Wasted Time" by Skid Row .

On 10/7/2019 at 6:50 AM, Deadbydawn said:

So, I've always gravitated towards heavier or darker misic,bit I'll be damned if I don't still love Motley Crue's " Too Fast For Love"  They vocals and mudic were soooooooo good and their asthetic st that time was really kind of unique even though it borrowed from other genres like Glam and Punk.

Requiem reporting for duty. 

Hair metal is one of the joys of rock n roll. 

Motley Crue, Skid Row, Warrant (hail Jani Lane), 80s Whitesnake, 80s Kiss. 

The energy, the enthusiasm, the coolness. 

It’s the music that got me into metal, gateway bands all. 

There’s family talk of a trip to California to see my sister in 2021 and I’m already planning my Rainbow Bar and Grill day. 

13 hours ago, Deadbydawn said:

Agreed, all 3 were really powerful front men and imhp--- I'd say Sebastian Bach had the better set of pipes.  To this day I still crank up the volume and play " Wasted Time" by Skid Row .

Sebastian Bach was the greatest rock singer of all time. Untouchable. 

39 minutes ago, Requiem said:

There’s family talk of a trip to California to see my sister in 2021 and I’m already planning my Rainbow Bar and Grill day. 

I heard there is a Lemme statue at the Rainbow now. Last time I was in LA, I wanted to go there to see it so bad but I didn't make it.

Bring lots of money, Hollywood in general is ridiculously expensive, especially the Rainbow. It's weird how it's set up. it costs money just to get in but you get I think 2 drinks with the entrance fee, then to get to other VIP floors/rooms you have to pay again but I think it comes with a drink too. I haven't been there in at least 10 years so I'm not sure about now.

They'll get you for about $10 or $12 on parking there too anywhere on Sunset. I think only during the day you could find it for $8.50 but it could be even more now.

By the way, you guys ever heard of Asphalt Ballet? I listen to them once in a while. Kind of an obscure cock rock band I found out about from a biker movie.

52 minutes ago, the_thrashing said:

I heard there is a Lemme statue at the Rainbow now. Last time I was in LA, I wanted to go there to see it so bad but I didn't make it.

Bring lots of money, Hollywood in general is ridiculously expensive, especially the Rainbow. It's weird how it's set up. it costs money just to get in but you get I think 2 drinks with the entrance fee, then to get to other VIP floors/rooms you have to pay again but I think it comes with a drink too. I haven't been there in at least 10 years so I'm not sure about now.

They'll get you for about $10 or $12 on parking there too anywhere on Sunset. I think only during the day you could find it for $8.50 but it could be even more now.

By the way, you guys ever heard of Asphalt Ballet? I listen to them once in a while. Kind of an obscure cock rock band I found out about from a biker movie.

It’s Lemmy.

And I’ve been to the Rainbow twice and it was free to get in both times. At least I think so. I walked everywhere and partied hard. 

Last time I was there was a Tuesday and there was hardly anyone there. It was awesome. 

Hollywood’s great. I love it. 

Yeah, reminded me a little of Spread Eagle, perhaps a little more blues inspired than the mighty ‘Eagle’ were. Arrive a little late to the party from memory and didn’t get a lot of traction. I’ve got the debut - nice guitar tone.

You might like Dirty Looks’ debut if you like AB.

On 10/13/2019 at 12:57 AM, Requiem said:

Im not sure where I'd rank the man on greatest of all time ,but he'd be on the list.  Incredible range ,really emotive and sells whatever hes singing.  Skid's version of Little Wing......man tjats gpod,

He doesnt get his due tbough and that sucks - doesn't matter if he waa all glam-eed cocl roclec out or not......dude could sing.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...