Editing bug?

Requiem

Not sure if it's just my computer playing up, but I'm trying to edit a post that starts a thread (the Marduk thread in the Black Metal forum to be precise), but every time I edit the post and hit post or whatever it is it takes me to one of those annoying Captcha pages where I have to click 'Not a Robot'. I click, it reloads back to the editing field with the old post still in tact and changes lost. I've tried this a heap of times, closed the window etc, but same result. 

Anyway, not sure if it's happening to others or if it's just a 24 hour Requiem problem. 

Test edit! 

Hmm. Pretty sure we had an update recently but I haven't had any difficulties editing posts recently. I'm not sure if I'll be able to help, but I'll look into it. Have you tried it on a different system?

Edit (heh heh) -- I ran into exactly the same problem you did... but only with the Marduk thread. Our system treats OPs differently from replies, but I was able to edit everything else I tried. The function seems to be working properly across the forum in general. I'll attempt to get in touch with @dilatedmind and see if he can figure this out.

Anybody else experiencing this problem? If so, please speak up.

5 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Hmm. Pretty sure we had an update recently but I haven't had any difficulties editing posts recently. I'm not sure if I'll be able to help, but I'll look into it. Have you tried it on a different system?

Edit (heh heh) -- I ran into exactly the same problem you did... but only with the Marduk thread. Our system treats OPs differently from replies, but I was able to edit everything else I tried. The function seems to be working properly across the forum in general. I'll attempt to get in touch with @dilatedmind and see if he can figure this out.

Anybody else experiencing this problem? If so, please speak up.

...thank goodness I'm not the only one... I tried to send you a p.m. to avoid posting what I thought was MY issue, as I'm not able to edit anything... recently I discovered that I've been uploading a lot of images seeing how a good number of other posts have broken links in them but never realized our accounts have a size limit to what can be uploaded... and of course mine is maxed out...LOL  So I wanted to go edit some of my posts to remove the uploaded content and replace with web-links and cannot successfully pull this off... it's like the "post" button is gone just have option to "edit"...even WHEN in edit mode...  I also tried to update/change my signature and that had a button to accept the edit but kicked back the same signature I had before editing it... anyway.. that's all I've tried and was looking for a place to post this issue and thankfully found you guys here... (not thankful you're also having issues...you know what i mean LOL).  Appreciate all you guys being here and all the help you offer when a dude like me gets lost in the depths of this site!  

5 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Alright, thanks for bringing this to our attention. @par9noid, you say you're unable to edit any of your posts at all? @Requiem, is your problem confined to the Marduk thread?

Hi FA. I just tried editing the Marduk thread again and it still doesn't work. I had the same experience as yesterday, going to a captcha page and being prompted to show I'm not a robot, then it loads straight away back to the editing field with the changes gone. 

I just tried editing my OP in this thread and it works fine! Not sure why it would be the Marduk thread. 

3 minutes ago, the_thrashing said:

I love to post youtube links, sometimes youtube gangbangs and very rarely does it pop up onscreen. I have no idea why. I posted a youtube gangbang on a nwobhm thread and it worked but afterwards on another thread of a band I posted it didn't. Oh well.

This isn't an editing bug though, I suspect it is user error on your part.  Just copy and paste the YouTube links and the site converts it (on desktop version at least).

39 minutes ago, the_thrashing said:

I love to post youtube links, sometimes youtube gangbangs and very rarely does it pop up onscreen. I have no idea why. I posted a youtube gangbang on a nwobhm thread and it worked but afterwards on another thread of a band I posted it didn't. Oh well.

Gang bangs are best kept in private. 

At least that’s what I tell the peasant girls I conglomerate. 

23 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Alright, thanks for bringing this to our attention. @par9noid, you say you're unable to edit any of your posts at all? @Requiem, is your problem confined to the Marduk thread?

...sorry for the delay in replying... yard work before Fall weather hits then winter soon after.  Anyway, just came in for a break and all seems to be working well again... I tried editing both my signature and 1 post, both being successful!  Thanks for looking into this and to whomever fixed the issue too!  You guys are great...

P.S. @Requiem... re: reply above... :shock:  ROFL!!!! 

• 2 years later...