Sarcasm & Outer Perspective Quotes

par9noid

Fellow Metal Heads!

Most of my younger years I'd always only been able to see things from my own perspective until I finally figured out how to "expand" my consciousness (you can probably figure out from what..lol).  As I get much older I find myself enjoying a lot more sarcasm and different perspectives on things in life, even outside of the METAL world.  It's often we're taught/told valuable stuff that we choose to let go over our heads...for whatever reason or another and it's not until you hear these things either from the right person, in the right words or just in the right time... that you FINALLY gain the insight from the lesson.  I've always written down sayings that have captured my interests and the following are some of my favorites.. sorry so many are from "unknown" authors.  If you can identify any of these please let me know so I can put credit where credit is due!

Please share anything you value as worthwhile - no required amounts of content for replying and it can be inspiring, sarcastic, insulting whatever as long as it respects Forum Rules (1 quote/saying or 100 - any replies will be greatly appreciated!)  We all know this world has too many rules already! LOL  

Ok, here's some examples of what I'm babbling about - I hope it makes sense and is worthwhile to you & others:

"The only difference in a bad day vs. a good day is YOUR ATTITUDE."  (sorry I can't remember who stated that but it really opened my eyes!)

"Maybe this world is another planet's Hell." (Aldous Huxley)

"Sometimes you see the light, in the strangest of places - IF YOU LOOK AT IT RIGHT!" (Robert Hunter)

"Keep your head high and your middle finger higher"  (unknown)

"My attitude is a result of your actions. So if you don't like my attitude go blame yourself." (unknown)

"We're all in the same game, just different levels.  We're all in the same hell, just different devils."  (unknown)

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left." (unknown)

"Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye." (Bill Hicks)

"To argue with a fool is like lighting candles for the blind." (Pierre Boiste)

"The problem with the world is that fools and lunatics are so certain of themselves, and wiser people are so full of doubt.>" (Bertrand Russell)

"There are only two ways to live your life.  One is though nothing is a miracle.  The other is though everything is a miracle." (Albert Einstein)

"Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does." (unknown)

"I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education." (Bruce Lee)

"Just because you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town." (George Carlin)

"Inside every old person is a younger person wondering what the FUCK happened!" (unknown)

"Honesty is an expensive gift. Don't expect it from cheap people." (unknown)

"Who you were, who you are and who you will be are three different people." (unknown)

"Enjoy life NOW, this is not a rehearsal." (unknown)

"Stand for something or you will fall for anything.  Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held it's ground." (Rosa Parks)

"Sometimes you have to get knocked down lower than you've ever been to stand back up taller than you ever were." (unknown)

"The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday." (unknown)

"For every cigarette you smoke God takes an hour away from your life and gives it to Keith Richards." (unknown)

"Drugs and alcohol is NOT the answer, unless you're asking what I'm doing this weekend." (unknown)

"RELAX! We are all crazy it is not a competition." (unknown)

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.Smile!  Tomorrow's going to be worse.(infant baby giving middle finger)

my last quote, I'm sure by now you've read enough and might be getting bored...lol

"Don't believe everything YOU think." (unknown)

Thanks for checking this out... I hope I posted in the correct spot and/or is OK to start a new topic like this.  Again, if anyone knows who to credit for any of the "unknown" authors above, please advise and I'd be happy to edit/revise (if that's even possible).  Sorry to all it's not really based on any "METAL" music... but please note I am DEFINITELY listening to Metal while making this post! (Sacred Reich - Awakening [2019]) ?

14 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

Moved from Forum Games.

Oh man.. sorry... I really searched to try to find the right place... this Forum is endless with more that I keep finding... truly amazing.  I didn't mean to give you guys more to do (again)...I know it must be a lot to monitor everything!