Cults

the_thrashing

I'm a christian but I keep watching weird stuff about satanic killers and weird cults like scientology. I mean, I believe in weird stuff too so I shouldn't really find what other people believe in to be funny but I do. Some of it is hilarious.

This is a documentary about a satanic killer from the south somewhere in the 2000's. I'm surprised it wasn't blown in to, oh he listens to black metal bla bla bla. Maybe it was due to the dread locks.

This guy didn't bathe for a year and in school he was known as turd boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwrL-IbEEjM

It's like my boredom drives me to find the sickest, most depraved and or weirdest stuff I can find. Just like a weird curiousity I have to hear about weird stuff, especially weird beliefs. .

Scientology weirdness  too, I just can't believe that some people out there really believe this stuff. I have no idea if the claims in the video are true or not but it's interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1_1YjEkMnA

I wonder if anyone else watches this kind of stuff.

I was a rabid Rob Zombie fan in the late 90's and through his music and interviews i really got into weird stuff like serial killers, the satanic panic era and all that dark, twisted stuff. I always was fascinated with the darker side of things but ever since i had discovered Rob Zombie my interest really peaked regarding those themes.  I know this sound utterly fucking nerdy but i was still an easily impressible teenager back then and i worshipped the man like a god at the time and i thought it was so cool and evil. I make myself cringe thinking back to those times.

To this day i'm still pretty into everything with a satanic or pagan background or things regarding serial killers. Like you i used to regularly search youtube for documentaries or clips about these subjects. Nowadays things have cooled down somewhat. Mainly because i noticed along the way that a lot of people find it a turn off when you all do is watch, talk and read about fucked up things. ? And secondly i burnt myself out a little after all these years. I feel i've read and seen so much that i probably have covered the most interesting cases by now. But it still remains a fun hobby and i still regularly buy books, documentaries, etc. regarding the subjects. But as i said nowadays i keep it more to myself.

Some of my favorite cases are those of Adolfo Costanzo, an mexican drug lord who practiced black magic. Of course there is also the infamous Ricky Kasso case and that of satanic serial killer Richard Ramirez. And the mystery surrounding the death of Jeannette DePalma is just utterly fascinating read. One of the more recent fascinating cases is that of an Italian group called Beasts of Satan who commited multiple brutal murders in the late 90's/early 2000's.

I guess these things got often hand in hand with listening to metal. It sounds like a big cliché but for me personally it rings true. I like horror, metal and have an interest in unusual, dark subject. 

23 hours ago, Benjaminc81 said:

I was a rabid Rob Zombie fan in the late 90's and through his music and interviews i really got into weird stuff like serial killers, the satanic panic era and all that dark, twisted stuff. I always was fascinated with the darker side of things but ever since i had discovered Rob Zombie my interest really peaked regarding those themes.  I know this sound utterly fucking nerdy but i was still an easily impressible teenager back then and i worshipped the man like a god at the time and i thought it was so cool and evil. I make myself cringe thinking back to those times.

To this day i'm still pretty into everything with a satanic or pagan background or things regarding serial killers. Like you i used to regularly search youtube for documentaries or clips about these subjects. Nowadays things have cooled down somewhat. Mainly because i noticed along the way that a lot of people find it a turn off when you all do is watch, talk and read about fucked up things. ? And secondly i burnt myself out a little after all these years. I feel i've read and seen so much that i probably have covered the most interesting cases by now. But it still remains a fun hobby and i still regularly buy books, documentaries, etc. regarding the subjects. But as i said nowadays i keep it more to myself.

Some of my favorite cases are those of Adolfo Costanzo, an mexican drug lord who practiced black magic. Of course there is also the infamous Ricky Kasso case and that of satanic serial killer Richard Ramirez. And the mystery surrounding the death of Jeannette DePalma is just utterly fascinating read. One of the more recent fascinating cases is that of an Italian group called Beasts of Satan who commited multiple brutal murders in the late 90's/early 2000's.

I guess these things got often hand in hand with listening to metal. It sounds like a big cliché but for me personally it rings true. I like horror, metal and have an interest in unusual, dark subject. 

Adolfo Costanza, the palo mayumbe cauldron voodoo drug dealer. I found out about him from a horror movie based on his story, the dvd comes with a documentary on him. I can't remember what it's called.

What's really crazy is my best friend is into this huge cult, they believe that the virgin Mary is the grim reaper, they call her Santa Muerte or something like that. It means the holy death in Spanish. This cult is huge in Mexico and parts of the US like California, Arizona, Texas etc. He got into it the last few years and says he is still catholic and believes in both. It is very similar to the palo mayumbe of Adolfo Costanza, African gods as saints etc just without the cauldrons. I heard about sacrificing chickens and using the blood all kinds of crazy stuff from him. He actually is completely normal, he just believes in weird stuff, the occult etc. It's similar to Santeria too. I've known since we were kids.  He works constantly. When he's off work, he's usually with his family or trying to get laid, smoking weed, hanging out etc. Completely normal. His whole family knows that he's into it too, it's kind of hard to hide all of his candles, little statues etc. At first I was really worried about him but he hasn't changed, just a few beliefs.

As far as the Rob Zombie thing, when I was a kid in the late 80's, you could say I worshipped Ozzy Osbourne, Axl Rose, Metallica etc. I'm still a big fan but when I was a kid, I wanted to be a singer like Axl, Ozzy. Turns out I have no talent so that never happened.

• 2 weeks later...

We are all suffixed to a cult in some manner or another; for our culture is nothing short of cultsure and those most convinced otherwise are anything but wise. From the druidic wand of Hollywood to the witching hand that, like clockwork, casts the neuro-linguistic spells that prime our minds to program. The prima materia no longer matters when we are baseless; thus without form we conform. Our souls are locked into the lower trapezoid of the pyramid scheme and what use are two eyes when we can't even see with one. Blind we remain until we are but remains.

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2019 at 11:32 AM, Vampyrique said:

We are all suffixed to a cult in some manner or another; for our culture is nothing short of cultsure and those most convinced otherwise are anything but wise. From the druidic wand of Hollywood to the witching hand that, like clockwork, casts the neuro-linguistic spells that prime our minds to program. The prima materia no longer matters when we are baseless; thus without form we conform. Our souls are locked into the lower trapezoid of the pyramid scheme and what use are two eyes when we can't even see with one. Blind we remain until we are but remains.

Way to kill a thread, Vampers. ?

On 9/22/2019 at 6:32 PM, Vampyrique said:

Your claim is plausible, but appears inconsistent with your unique ability to point out this situation to others (considering that you seem to claim that being part of a "cult" is an inherent/unavoidable part of life for all people).  How could you be certain that your position does not derive from your own "cult membership"?

• 2 months later...
On 10/26/2019 at 1:54 AM, Requiem said:

Way to kill a thread, Vampers. ?

What good is a thread without a needle to sharpen the mind or point us in the right direction? Does the Emperor have new clothes or no clothes? It seams we all reap what we sew.

On 10/26/2019 at 10:04 AM, Balor said:

Your claim is plausible, but appears inconsistent with your unique ability to point out this situation to others (considering that you seem to claim that being part of a "cult" is an inherent/unavoidable part of life for all people).  How could you be certain that your position does not derive from your own "cult membership"?

From birth, indoctrination is inescapable. But those who are not mindful of this do not mind because they have no mind. Alas, the sword of gnosis is not meant for the willfully ignorant.

10 hours ago, Vampyrique said:

From birth, indoctrination is inescapable. But those who are not mindful of this do not mind because they have no mind. Alas, the sword of gnosis is not meant for the willfully ignorant.

I am not sure that this entirely answers my question.  Nevertheless, I applaud your poetic abilities!

16 hours ago, Vampyrique said:

What good is a thread without a needle to sharpen the mind or point us in the right direction? Does the Emperor have new clothes or no clothes? It seams we all reap what we sew.

This could be immaterial, but many have the wool pulled over their eyes and are unable to cotton on to your point. They feel hemmed in. 

Your philosophical yarns are as long as a piece of string that needs knitting; your language is clothed in a veil. 

I suggest you zip it lest your logic be unpicked and the strands of your argument are batted like a vampire cat and come undone. 

16 hours ago, Requiem said:

This could be immaterial, but many have the wool pulled over their eyes and are unable to cotton on to your point. They feel hemmed in. 

Your philosophical yarns are as long as a piece of string that needs knitting; your language is clothed in a veil. 

I suggest you zip it lest your logic be unpicked and the strands of your argument are batted like a vampire cat and come undone. 

I'm unraveled, you're unrivaled.

Now, let's all commit to a coma with blue pills and soma. 

On 1/20/2020 at 3:43 PM, Natassja said:

Like some others above, I have always enjoyed reading and watching anything about strange cults and serial killers etc. I always found Manson an interesting character, the control some of these people seem to possess over others is crazy. Crowley is interesting also.

Both are fascinating characters, both are flawed and misunderstood.

Did Charlie really have control over them? Was he really a cult leader? I think there's more to the story than the accepted narrative. Charlie was a pimp and drug dealer for celebs. I wouldn't defend some of things he did, but I think he was also a scapegoat for a lot of the shady stuff that went on within certain circles. 

2 hours ago, Vampyrique said:

Both are fascinating characters, both are flawed and misunderstood.

Did Charlie really have control over them? Was he really a cult leader? I think there's more to the story than the accepted narrative. Charlie was a pimp and drug dealer for celebs. I wouldn't defend some of things he did, but I think he was also a scapegoat for a lot of the shady stuff that went on within certain circles. 

Yes, I suppose he was and yes you are right when you get down to the bare bones of it all ..what do you think about Crowley? He is a really interesting character, narcissism much? These guys also have a lot of I dunno..like charm or something. Like some serial killers do. Good at pulling the wool over your eyes. Richard Kuklinski is one that stands out, when you see him interviewed he is quite likeable even. I can see why some people would fall for it, maybe like Charlie and the girls, but I guess you must have to be easy pursuadable. Or just full of drugs ? I'm interested in your thoughts of Crowley and the order as you always have something interesting and eloquent to say :)

20 hours ago, Natassja said:

Yes, I suppose he was and yes you are right when you get down to the bare bones of it all ..what do you think about Crowley? He is a really interesting character, narcissism much? These guys also have a lot of I dunno..like charm or something. Like some serial killers do. Good at pulling the wool over your eyes. Richard Kuklinski is one that stands out, when you see him interviewed he is quite likeable even. I can see why some people would fall for it, maybe like Charlie and the girls, but I guess you must have to be easy pursuadable. Or just full of drugs ? I'm interested in your thoughts of Crowley and the order as you always have something interesting and eloquent to say :)

Crowley is fascinating. He has certainly left his imprint on today's culture in both good and bad ways. Hardly the 'wickedest man in the world', yet it seems The Great Beast fathered much of today's degeneracy and hedonism. Nevertheless, his legacy has endured the dull tedium of the modern mind; that mundanity of materialism that robs us of our imagination. Perhaps that's something worth praising. Most notably, how many bands have paid tribute to Crowley and put magic to music? Too many to name.

Crowley was criticized relentlessly by the media so I can't blame him for firing back. I think he somewhat enjoyed the infamy even though that wasn't was he was striving for. I think he was an eccentric genius, but also a bit of charlatan. I rather like Crowley. Moonchild is an excellent novel, and his non-fiction is at least interesting to read though.

Scientology is interesting as far as cults go. Incidentally, Hubbard knew Crowley and Jack Parsons. Parsons was a Thelemite/occultist too who worked with NASA developing rocket propulsion technology. Amazing that NASA was spearheaded by Nazis and occultists. But why am I not surprised... ;)

Ultimately the figureheads of these cults are charismatic people who know how to sell their idea. Generally you find the people who first join are outsiders looking for somewhere to belong, make it sound like you're offering exactly what those people are looking for and hey presto you have a following.

It's similar to the way organised religion operates actually - sell the idea that you have greater knowledge, appeal to people's inherent desire to belong and general want to believe in something, once you have a sufficient number of people you can start exploiting them to grow even larger as they try to talk their friends and family around...

7 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Ultimately the figureheads of these cults are charismatic people who know how to sell their idea. Generally you find the people who first join are outsiders looking for somewhere to belong, make it sound like you're offering exactly what those people are looking for and hey presto you have a following.

It's similar to the way organised religion operates actually - sell the idea that you have greater knowledge, appeal to people's inherent desire to belong and general want to believe in something, once you have a sufficient number of people you can start exploiting them to grow even larger as they try to talk their friends and family around...

This is true, but I think this only reflects the surface level. You're talking about persuasion but do not forget about the more insidious programming known as 'pre-suasion'. In other words, you set up the framework that guides people to the conclusion that you want them to reach; only, these people are convinced that they arrived at said conclusion by their own judgement. Thus, the emotional power in one's own belief takes hold.

Whether it be organized religion, science and academia, or any standard cult, a hierarchical structure involving levels and compartmentalization is vital to controlling the management and flow of information. If each person only has a small piece of the puzzle, then nobody can actually put together the entire picture or even has the authority to question the veracity of another who is seemingly more qualified in a particular field outside of your own.

There are examples of this everywhere. Cults are everywhere.

1 hour ago, Vampyrique said:

This is true, but I think this only reflects the surface level. You're talking about persuasion but do not forget about the more insidious programming known as 'pre-suasion'. In other words, you set up the framework that guides people to the conclusion that you want them to reach; only, these people are convinced that they arrived at said conclusion by their own judgement. Thus, the emotional power in one's own belief takes hold.

Whether it be organized religion, science and academia, or any standard cult, a hierarchical structure involving levels and compartmentalization is vital to controlling the management and flow of information. If each person only has a small piece of the puzzle, then nobody can actually put together the entire picture or even has the authority to question the veracity of another who is seemingly more qualified in a particular field outside of your own.

There are examples of this everywhere. Cults are everywhere.

When the Bible was first translated into local languages and printed via Gutenberg's infernal machine, a lot of this mysterious forced trust took a different shape. Religious belief didn't disappear, which is really interesting - it just encouraged a new form of worship. 

You do see cults everywhere. Mankind was born in tribes, so it's little wonder tribes still prevail, albeit ideological ones in 'progressive' western societies. 

Also, regarding Crowley's books: I have a couple and gosh they're hard to read. Largely gobbledegook and claptrap. I was hoping for a little more coherence. Maybe I have the wrong books. 

1 hour ago, Natassja said:

I always found interesting how some serial killers have a following in court like Bundy and Ramirez. Sort of along the same lines..just a thought.

The mental makeup of a serial killer makes for a fascinating study. I think it's common that when one sees another person's side of the story, sympathy ensues, even a sense of identity or affinity. Everyone feels misunderstood or struggles in life, so it's easier for most to relate to a 'misunderstood' outsider. People are more likely to be turned off by those who are successful, or those praised for being beautiful and seemingly 'perfect'. But rebellious attitudes and a collective sense of nihilism and cynicism towards humanity are probably a huge part of it as well. And perhaps some mental issues....

Interesting to note that one of Richard Ramirez' faithful admirers was deathrocker Eva O.  

1 hour ago, Requiem said:

When the Bible was first translated into local languages and printed via Gutenberg's infernal machine, a lot of this mysterious forced trust took a different shape. Religious belief didn't disappear, which is really interesting - it just encouraged a new form of worship. 

You do see cults everywhere. Mankind was born in tribes, so it's little wonder tribes still prevail, albeit ideological ones in 'progressive' western societies. 

Also, regarding Crowley's books: I have a couple and gosh they're hard to read. Largely gobbledegook and claptrap. I was hoping for a little more coherence. Maybe I have the wrong books. 

Religious belief will always prevail, whatever the form. And groups of people need to believe in something, don't they?

There's a phenomenon that occurs in occult circles: the more abstruse, obscure and esoteric, the more impressive it appears to be, since it will seem that only the true initiate will grasp its true arcane wisdom and make use of it. It also adds to the psychodrama of the ritual. 

Which of Crowley's books have you got?

45 minutes ago, Vampyrique said:

Religious belief will always prevail, whatever the form. And groups of people need to believe in something, don't they?

There's a phenomenon that occurs in occult circles: the more abstruse, obscure and esoteric, the more impressive it appears to be, since it will seem that only the true initiate will grasp its true arcane wisdom and make use of it. It also adds to the psychodrama of the ritual. 

Which of Crowley's books have you got?

After perusing the extensive and opulent book shelves at Castle Requiem, I'm managed to located the two books in question. I have: 

'Liber Al Vel Legis (The Book of the Law') Redwheel/Weiser 2004, Hardcover, Red with Gold font on the cover. Contains facsimiles of Crowley's original handwritten draft at the back. 

'The Book of the Goetia - or The Lesser Key of Solomon the King', Softcover, Martino Publishing, Mansfield Centre CT, which is a glorious facsimile of the 1903 edition, containing all the charts, chants.

They're so evil I think I accidentally summoned three daemons between taking the books down and writing this post....

Hail Crowley. King of indecipherable books that suckers still buy in the 21st century! 

• 5 months later...
On 1/25/2020 at 3:54 AM, Requiem said:

After perusing the extensive and opulent book shelves at Castle Requiem, I'm managed to located the two books in question. I have: 

'Liber Al Vel Legis (The Book of the Law') Redwheel/Weiser 2004, Hardcover, Red with Gold font on the cover. Contains facsimiles of Crowley's original handwritten draft at the back. 

'The Book of the Goetia - or The Lesser Key of Solomon the King', Softcover, Martino Publishing, Mansfield Centre CT, which is a glorious facsimile of the 1903 edition, containing all the charts, chants.

They're so evil I think I accidentally summoned three daemons between taking the books down and writing this post....

Hail Crowley. King of indecipherable books that suckers still buy in the 21st century! 

Names of said demons, or it didn't happen. I can't get mine to work. Not even a pathetic homunculus.

Are you familiar with Mrs Blavatsky? She's like Crowley's female equivalent but decades earlier. 

8 hours ago, Vampyrique said:

Names of said demons, or it didn't happen. I can't get mine to work. Not even a pathetic homunculus.

Are you familiar with Mrs Blavatsky? She's like Crowley's female equivalent but decades earlier. 

The daemons' names are too evil and esoteric to type on modern devices, and must only be spoken when the moon is full and cleansing rituals have been performed across the threshold and hearth. 

Never heard of Mrs Blavatsky, but she sounds hot.  

1 hour ago, Requiem said:

The daemons' names are too evil and esoteric to type on modern devices, and must only be spoken when the moon is full and cleansing rituals have been performed across the threshold and hearth. 

Never heard of Mrs Blavatsky, but she sounds hot.  

Imagine old Crowley with a wig on, only a bit fatter. That's Mama Blavatsky.