Upcoming Albums, 2019 Edition

FatherAlabaster

Here's a list of bands I'm personally interested in that are either confirmed or strongly rumored to have new material coming this year, to be updated from time to time as I hear more.

_____

Krallice: Wolf EP 01/09/19
Mo'ynoq: Dreaming In A Dead Language 01/11/19
Noctambulist: Atmospheres Of Desolation 01/21/19
Altarage: The Approaching Roar 01/25/19
Light Dweller: Incandescent Crucifix 01/26/19
Ossuarium: Living Tomb 02/01/19
Windswept: The Onlooker 02/08/19
A Million Dead Birds Laughing: To The Ether 02/11/19
Saor: Forgotten Paths 02/15/19
Sinmara: Hvisl Sjarnanna 03/08/19
Contrarian: Their Worm Never Dies 03/15/19
Krypts: Cadaver Circulation 05/??/19

Wormed
Funebrarum
Cruciamentum
Nocturnus AD
Afterbirth
Antediluvian
Mitochondrion
Blood Incantation
Ad Nauseam
In Human Form
Pseudo Sentai
Obsequiae
Yellow Eyes
Immortal Bird
Carcariass

_____

Anybody else have upcoming albums you're excited about? Feel free to share info, promo tracks, etc. Normal forum rules apply -- this is for fan discussion only, any misplaced promotion will be treated as spam.

With the current album cycle sitting around 3 years at best, it's more of an event than ever before when new albums are released by some of my favourite bands. Back in the mid 90s it was every year, or two years at worst, when bands could actually sell copies and recoup the costs. Ah, the modern world of downloads and spotify... 

Ok, here are the albums I'll be buying upon immediate release: 

Swallow the Sun - 'When a Shadow is Forced Into the Light' (although I'm hoping it's not too dirgey as Juha Raivio stumbles through his unmitigated grief at the loss of Aleah.) The single 'Upon the Water' is amazing after a few listens. 

Rotting Christ - 'The Heretics'. Best thing I ever did was purchase the two songs released so I could listen to them while walking around the city without the corny lyric videos. They are so much better when de-identified from image. 

Candlemass - 'The Door to Doom'. I'm super excited about the return of original vocalist Johan Langqvist and, to a much lesser extent, the Tony Iommi solo... I can't wait to hear this! 

Rhapsody of FIre - 'The Eighth Mountain'. Bit nervous about this with its complete stripping of critical members, but the keyboardist and great new lead guitarist is still there so I'll roll the dice. 

Children of Bodom - 'Hexed'. Hell yeah. Wildchild's going to bring it. 

Whitesnake - 'Flesh and Blood'. Ordinary title, but I'm hoping David C can bring the goods. 

and the following, who have less info: 

Septicflesh. Fingers crossed with these guys. I have such high hopes. 

Moonspell. Amazed if we get an album from these guys but it could by my album of the year if it comes out. 

Fleshgod Apocalypse. I'm always interested in what these maestros have to offer. Brilliant lyrics too. 

Eluveitie. New female singer so I'm a bit cold on it, but I'm trying to keep an open mind. 

And I'm hoping for some underground masterpieces from 

Saor and Eldamar

I am hoping that the new Paysage d'Hiver albums will be coming out.  A few months ago the record label website listed two, as of yet, unreleased albums under their discography.  They were removed shortly afterwards, though.  One appeared to be a compilation of the tracks used in the split albums (with Drudkh, Nordlicht, ect.) and the other was likely new material.

Also, I am hoping that the planned split album featuring Phosphore Blanc, Chaos Cascade, Konflict, and Fogged by Fleshflies will finally be released.

12 hours ago, Balor said:

I am hoping that the new Paysage d'Hiver albums will be coming out.  A few months ago the record label website listed two, as of yet, unreleased albums under their discography.  They were removed shortly afterwards, though.  One appeared to be a compilation of the tracks used in the split albums (with Drudkh, Nordlicht, ect.) and the other was likely new material.

Also, I am hoping that the planned split album featuring Phosphore Blanc, Chaos Cascade, Konflict, and Fogged by Fleshflies will finally be released.

Fogged by Fleshflies. What a name. I’m going to have to check them out. 

2 minutes ago, Will said:

Everything I was expecting last year that didn't happen.

Not only do I feel hurt and betrayed but I also have a dark emptiness inside the size of several albums.

Like what? Which albums are you waiting for? 

On 1/8/2019 at 9:12 PM, Requiem said:

Fogged by Fleshflies. What a name. I’m going to have to check them out. 

I really like the name too.  They are a noisegrind band, prior to which it was a one-man ambient project.  They only released one demo (of two tracks).  They were really good, but it sounds as though they have broken up.

I listed them in the war metal thread.

I have a few I am looking forwards to this year:

Candlemass "The Door To Doom" - like @Requiem I am super pleased that Johan is back.  The EP they released last year was a bit, meh!  Hopefully his return will inject some life back into the band.

Body Count "Carnivore" - I really enjoyed their last offering albeit the cover of Slayer was pants.  Hoping they can bring that same energy to 2019 as they exhibited two years ago on "Bloodlust".

Carcass - rumours at this stage but "Surgical Steel" was decent enough for me to still be interested in anything they release.

Megadeth - about to release (another) greatest hits comp.  Fuck's sake...

Triptykon - please let this be true, when Tom has finished his Hellhammer appreciation stint rumour is there's a new Triptykon album in the works.

Finally, Deftones are due another record and although I found "Gore" to be dreamy pop nonsense the rumour is that after threatening to walk last time, Carpenter is getting more of what he wants this time around - as in some fucking actual riffs - so will be interested to see how this pans out.

27 minutes ago, Balor said:

There is going to be a new Darkthrone album?

I'm pretty sure I remember Fenriz saying something about it and he and Nocturno had been listening to a lot of early Candlemass while writing apparently. I haven't heard any of their recent albums but the idea of Darkthrone playing doom metal kind of interests me.

1 hour ago, Depraved said:

I'm pretty sure I remember Fenriz saying something about it and he and Nocturno had been listening to a lot of early Candlemass while writing apparently. I haven't heard any of their recent albums but the idea of Darkthrone playing doom metal kind of interests me.

I thought that they had been going in more of a punk direction recently, but, then again, I have not listened to much of their newer material either.  I would also be interested to hear what a Doom Metal Darkthrone would sound like.  Any idea of when this new album might be expected?

1 hour ago, Balor said:

I thought that they had been going in more of a punk direction recently, but, then again, I have not listened to much of their newer material either.  I would also be interested to hear what a Doom Metal Darkthrone would sound like.  Any idea of when this new album might be expected?

Yeah sort of early punk/thrash/hard rock I guess. Fenriz mentioned Epicus Doomicus Metallicus as an inspiration for the new material but I honestly can't imagine what it's going to sound like. I don't remember him saying anything about a possible release date though.

Here are some links for what's available so far:

Krallice: https://krallice.bandcamp.com/album/wolf-ep

Mo'ynoq (gotta admit I'm not enjoying this album as much as I thought I would based on promo material, but it might appeal to some of you):

Noctambulist (another one I'm on the fence about):

Altarage (this is my favorite thing I've heard from them):

Light Dweller: https://lightdweller.bandcamp.com/album/incandescent-crucifix

Ossuarium: https://listen.20buckspin.com/album/living-tomb

New promo track from Contrarian:

New-ish promo track from Sinmara:

Saor promo video (not 100% blown away by this track but I have high hopes for the album):

Nocturnus AD (they signed to Profound Lore last summer, so I'm guessing they're serious about the full-length):

On 1/29/2019 at 12:47 AM, ivanderneymar said:

Swallow The Sun 

Insomnium 

Darkthrone 

Carcass 

Possessed

Xentrix

Avantasia

Rotting Christ

Hour Of Penance

Saor 

Oppobrium

Prior

Procheus

Tyr

New Insomnium? Excellent! There are so many of my favourite bands releasing albums this year, it's going to be huge. 

Rotting Christ and Saor both release their albums on Feb 15. 

Can't say I'm overly excited by another Darkthrone jam session caught on tape... 

On 2/9/2019 at 9:44 AM, Requiem said:

New Insomnium? Excellent! There are so many of my favourite bands releasing albums this year, it's going to be huge. 

Rotting Christ and Saor both release their albums on Feb 15. 

Can't say I'm overly excited by another Darkthrone jam session caught on tape... 

yes  even  Insomnium  already  working on their new album since august 2018. i've put big expectation if they're new album will released this year. yes both saor and rotting released 15 feb. i don't know is this true or not. but fenriz said on his facebook fanpage next darkthrone album will be primitive and raw black metal sounding again