New Years 2018 Goals/Resolutions

Balor

I have only one that is a current theme in my life anyway. I try to identify the path that genuinely makes me happy and also follow it to the fullest. It´s kind of something that sounds obvious, but it can be hard to really nail what you and you alone want from your life.
Would that it were so simple...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Would that it were so simple...

Part of my journey has been to accept the limiting factors in my life.. like being unable to relocate because i need to stay close to kids. But it´s an option i have down the line in some years, just gotta make do with whatever i got currently. I guess i´m lucky that theres nothing that really causes things i want to be completely unreachable..

54 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

If you're eating vegan, shouldn't you have already removed dairy from your diet?

I've been eating mostly vegan. You could call me a strict vegetarian. What I'm getting at is I'm going to remove all cheats in that field. 

On 1/1/2018 at 9:10 AM, Ikard said:

For the year of 2018 I intend to:

Get married! (In November)

Get promoted at work 

Completely remove dairy from my diet

Remove caffeinated beverages from my diet

Only one of these things looks like a good idea. 

My goals are to:

Give my kids everything they need (and some things they just want)

Finish my novel!

Finally do the east coast tour with my musical troupe

Watch a full opera

Bring smiles and laughter to the young. 

16 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

I have no real goals as I am not big on resolutions as I prefer to take each day as it comes, however I can think of a couple:

Kill less people

Take goat's blood out of my diet entirely

Be more tolerant of the living

Buy some new underwear

Be more cat

I don't want you to do any of these things. Except the underwear. Keep wearing underwear. 

7 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

I am becoming more cat - YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ME ON THIS!!!!!!!

Images of Red Dwarf aside, I strongly recommend you reconsider. Actually, if you become full cat you can haunt the galleries and halls of Castle Requiem. Do it. 

• 3 years later...
On 12/30/2017 at 11:57 PM, Balor said:

Mine:

• Improve my painting skills.
  • Record/write music.
  • Find new bands to listen to/listen to more old bm.

How did you get on with your goals 3 years on. Did you achieve any of them. 

My goal is 1)spend less time at work. Having no free time Monday to Friday sucks. One of my resolutions from last year's diary was spend less time at work. Didn't do it. That's my challenge this year.

2) do some am dram or do something creative like write music again. I've done some murder mystery nights and common topic is why don't you do some thing with your talent. 

On 1/5/2021 at 1:16 PM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

How did you get on with your goals 3 years on. Did you achieve any of them. 

My goal is 1)spend less time at work. Having no free time Monday to Friday sucks. One of my resolutions from last year's diary was spend less time at work. Didn't do it. That's my challenge this year.

2) do some am dram or do something creative like write music again. I've done some murder mystery nights and common topic is why don't you do some thing with your talent. 

Haha, this takes me back a while!

I think I actually did do most of this (apart from listening to more old bm).  However, painting has definitely taken a significant backseat in the face of other, more pressing things.

Your goals look good too, and I wish you the best in achieving them!

On 12/30/2017 at 11:57 PM, Balor said:

Mine:

• Improve my painting skills.
  • Record/write music.
  • Find new bands to listen to/listen to more old bm

That's great balor you done some of your resolutions. Maybe you can get some painting done this year and listen to old bm. How old is old. What bands are these ones. Is it from era before mayhem like bathory. Is bathory even black metal. 

Reason I brought this up is after looking back at last years new year week  diary entries I noticed I didn't do any of them. Obviously this year. I can do them. ???But when I read your old thread was interested how you got on. And you did good. ??????????????

3 hours ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

That's great balor you done some of your resolutions. Maybe you can get some painting done this year and listen to old bm. How old is old. What bands are these ones. Is it from era before mayhem like bathory. Is bathory even black metal. 

Reason I brought this up is after looking back at last years new year week  diary entries I noticed I didn't do any of them. Obviously this year. I can do them. ???But when I read your old thread was interested how you got on. And you did good. ??????????????

I don't even know what I was referring to at this point, but probably first wave bands and other second wave bands beyond the few biggest ones.  Definitely Bathory (and I have gotten flak on other forums for not listening to them enough).  I probably would have done that too if I had not started listening to noise.  Actually, as I think about it, getting into noise really changed the music-writing goal as well, as everything I have done has pretty much been noise!

On 1/8/2021 at 1:14 AM, Balor said:

I don't even know what I was referring to at this point, but probably first wave bands and other second wave bands beyond the few biggest ones.  Definitely Bathory (and I have gotten flak on other forums for not listening to them enough).  I probably would have done that too if I had not started listening to noise.  Actually, as I think about it, getting into noise really changed the music-writing goal as well, as everything I have done has pretty much been noise!

Balor that's true, I can assume you've been  more rocking out to first wave bands BM, I assume you meant venom,hell hammer  Celtic frost and of course listen to more of bathory. Will probably give bathory a go if so many people like them. 

re noise music it's great to have a focus even if it you had other genres of music you wanted to write. I can relate to getting distracted. Think that was what you were saying. For example I spent too long ordering work stuff last night. Although very useful when it arrives.  

Finally what styles of paintings do you do. Have you had more luck with that. I get ridiculous long painters block so means my output is ridiculously slow and now I've stopped for a bit. Hope your having a top heavy metal weekend.   ???

On 1/10/2021 at 7:52 AM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Balor that's true, I can assume you've been  more rocking out to first wave bands BM, I assume you meant venom,hell hammer  Celtic frost and of course listen to more of bathory. Will probably give bathory a go if so many people like them. 

re noise music it's great to have a focus even if it you had other genres of music you wanted to write. I can relate to getting distracted. Think that was what you were saying. For example I spent too long ordering work stuff last night. Although very useful when it arrives.  

Finally what styles of paintings do you do. Have you had more luck with that. I get ridiculous long painters block so means my output is ridiculously slow and now I've stopped for a bit. Hope your having a top heavy metal weekend.   ???

I was talking about bands like Venom and Bathory.  I realized earlier this year that I had never listened to a Bathory album all of the way through - though I had listened to many tracks.  At least I managed to change that.  Haha

I always wanted to write good black metal, but I have realized that I do not really have a mind for composing it.  I still try every now and then to do so, but I think I am overall better suited to noise. 

It's really hard to balance work/life stuff with hobbies.  That was the main reason that I have essentially stopped painting.  I used to paint a lot of model kits and wargaming stuff.  I like to think that I had some skill, and I hope it will come back when I start back up again.  What do you paint?