Hi

Ikard

14 hours ago, Ikard said:

My dude you wanna see entitlement walk a mile in phone banker shoes. I can't tell you how many people demand overdraft fees back because they think they should be allowed to spend more than what's in their accounts. And if they scream loud enough a supervisor will just give it to them. So we reward them for behaving like beasts.

That is definitely worse than anything I've experienced. Too bad you can't tell them that they're the kinda people who helped cause the 2008 financial crisis...

7 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

generally did far more for society and vulnerable people in that 12 month period than I did in 3 years listening to Dicky Fatwallet moan about his first world problems.

Dicky Fatwallet. God damn. Gotta remember that one, beautifully British.

8 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

My years of call centre working scarred me.  Hiring cars for privileged bastards with more money than sense who genuinely thought because they had a piece of plastic in their wallets that was a link to lots of money that technically didn’t exist in real life that they could throw tantrums like a fucking child because we had no Porsches in stock or their limo driver was late by 20 seconds.

Eventually found my call centre calling when I went to work on effectively a helpline for mental health patients in relapse who needed to talk and be signposted back into our services.  I rang ambulances, called the police when necessary - generally did far more for society and vulnerable people in that 12 month period than I did in 3 years listening to Dicky Fatwallet moan about his first world problems.

I'm sorry to hear that. As of right now this is all I know how to do to make college since in my eternal wisdom at the age of 19 I deemed that institutionalized education was bullet and Id find my own way. What I didn't take into account was that college isn't so easy to get back into once you drop out.

Dicky Fatwallet. God damn. Gotta remember that one, beautifully British.
It hardly came down to overdraft fees. If nothing else, bank fees probably kept things afloat even longer, levying people's accounts as part of the ponzi scheme until the bubble finally burst. I'm sure glad we're headed right back to the same thing, I guess 10 years is long enough for amnesia to set it...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

It hardly came down to overdraft fees. If nothing else, bank fees probably kept things afloat even longer, levying people's accounts as part of the ponzi scheme until the bubble finally burst. I'm sure glad we're headed right back to the same thing, I guess 10 years is long enough for amnesia to set it...

American politics is all about slow learning and quick forgetting. Not to mention copious amounts of pork barrel legislature.

I think that can be said of all politics in the 'first world' can't it? Still the wheezing juzztrumpet you call President Trump is at least making sure the rich get richer next GFC.

Politics is boring as boring gets for me to be honest. All I do know is thanks to the inept state government we have here the entire manufacturing industry has died in South Australia. Oh and that government also spent 200 million on a tunnel taking public transport into the heart of the CBD claiming it would save seven minutes at a minimum to the daily commute. In actuality it has saved...12 seconds.

4 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

I think that can be said of all politics in the 'first world' can't it? Still the wheezing juzztrumpet you call President Trump is at least making sure the rich get richer next GFC.

Politics is boring as boring gets for me to be honest. All I do know is thanks to the inept state government we have here the entire manufacturing industry has died in South Australia. Oh and that government also spent 200 million on a tunnel taking public transport into the heart of the CBD claiming it would save seven minutes at a minimum to the daily commute. In actuality it has saved...12 seconds.

Lmao. Sounds about right. Yeah at this point in time I really only discuss politics as a passive observer. Not the activist I used to be.

On 12/15/2017 at 3:59 PM, BlutAusNerd said:

Im curious to see what Trump would do in a bailout assuming he doesn't shit the bed. Technically his party should be all about letting the market run so he presumably wouldn't bail the banks out. That being said, I'd be a moron to think the Republicans aren't severely compromised.

Im curious to see what Trump would do in a bailout assuming he doesn't shit the bed. Technically his party should be all about letting the market run so he presumably wouldn't bail the banks out. That being said, I'd be a moron to think the Republicans aren't severely compromised.
They prop up "market standards" and preach letting it do its thing, but they would bail out their constituents in a heartbeat. That's what this tax plan is, it's a fucking giveaway to their campaign donors that we all get to foot the bill for. Robbing the poor to feed the rich worked out really well the last few times they've tried,but it's not as though depressions are bad for everyone. Oh, wait...

3 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

They prop up "market standards" and preach letting it do its thing, but they would bail out their constituents in a heartbeat. That's what this tax plan is, it's a fucking giveaway to their campaign donors that we all get to foot the bill for. Robbing the poor to feed the rich worked out really well the last few times they've tried,but it's not as though depressions are bad for everyone. Oh, wait...

Well, I mean, the concept of trickle down economics is absolutely insanity coming from (and out comes my inner punk rocker) the mouth of that depraved fucking lunatic Ronald Reagan so repeating the same bullshit and expecting a different result is literally precedent for the Republican Party. 

Well, I mean, the concept of trickle down economics is absolutely insanity coming from (and out comes my inner punk rocker) the mouth of that depraved fucking lunatic Ronald Reagan so repeating the same bullshit and expecting a different result is literally precedent for the Republican Party. 
I was referring more to the deep tax cuts for the rich that led to the market crash and the great depression, but we forgot all about that with the Reagan tax plan and the recession that followed too. They're reaching into our pockets and taking our wallets while most of the country is unaware, distracted by everything from reality TV to identity politics. It's a sad time to be an American.

4 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

I was referring more to the deep tax cuts for the rich that led to the market crash and the great depression, but we forgot all about that with the Reagan tax plan and the recession that followed too. They're reaching into our pockets and taking our wallets while most of the country is unaware, distracted by everything from reality TV to identity politics. It's a sad time to be an American.

Well yeah, tax cuts for the wealthy is a huge part of the trickle down philosophy. 

5 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Interestingly enough, deep tax cuts for the rich and spending cuts on social programs preceded the rise of the Nazi party in Germany. Coincidence?

Coinciding with xenophobia and marginalization of the left..huh.. almost sounds familiar.