Hi

Ikard

4 minutes ago, Parker said:

Hello and welcome to the forum. What are some of your favorite metal bands? Are you the boy or the girl in your avatar picture?

I'm the guy although my girl also depicted digs metal as well. Some of my favorite bands are Slayer, D.R.I , Iron Reagan, Municipal Waste, Toxic Holocaust, Death, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Possessed, Deicide, Venom, Dark Throne, 1349. And then of course Maiden, Priest and Sabbath.  As far as my taste in hardcore goes Black Flag and TSOL are pretty high on my list. Uhhh other than that I'm from Phoenix, Arizona. I work in a call center. 

I dig some DRI, Municipal Waste, Toxic Holocaust, early Death, Morbid Angel, dig Possessed's first album but haven't heard anything else from them, dig Venom's first three, and Darkthrone are godly. I visited Phoenix a couple of times in the early 00s. There was a cool metal store, I think it was called Metal Devastation. I spent about $250 there. Are you familiar with that place? is it still there?

10 minutes ago, Ikard said:

Also I know you guys don't know me but today has been a truly shit day so some good vibes, prayers, Germanic chanting, whatever is your deal would be appreciated.

I will pray to the gods for you. It would be good to know what sort of problem you are having, so I could prey to the specific god that is known to help with that problem. But, if it is a private matter I will pray to Thor for you as he is the companion, helper, and protector of mankind.

8 minutes ago, Parker said:

I dig some DRI, Municipal Waste, Toxic Holocaust, early Death, Morbid Angel, dig Possessed's first album but haven't heard anything else from them, dig Venom's first three, and Darkthrone are godly. I visited Phoenix a couple of times in the early 00s. There was a cool metal store, I think it was called Metal Devastation. I spent about $250 there. Are you familiar with that place? is it still there?

Not familiar unfortunately. Do most of my shopping at a place called Zia records. I'm originally from the bay area but I've lived here for about 4 years. I will definitely look into it and if it's still there I'll report back.

1 hour ago, Ikard said:

Also I know you guys don't know me but today has been a truly shit day so some good vibes, prayers, Germanic chanting, whatever is your deal would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear that mate, Hope tomorrow brings you better fortunes.

Also some very cool bands on that list of yours. I'm a huge fan of Doom, BM, and DM along with thrash, some folk, some power, and some progressive metal. Alongside a bit of grindcore, punk, blues, classical.

9 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Sorry to hear that mate, Hope tomorrow brings you better fortunes.

Also some very cool bands on that list of yours. I'm a huge fan of Doom, BM, and DM along with thrash, some folk, some power, and some progressive metal. Alongside a bit of grindcore, punk, blues, classical.

Thanks man. Just some economic bullshit it'll pass. Right on in regards to the music, I can get down with all of those genres. Do you like any funeral doom? I feel like much like BM it can get a bit ridiculous but when it's good it' heavy as shit.

Oh dude that place looks like it was the shit. But alas I suppose I will have to be content with the metal section at the record store.
I go to Zia Records every time I'm in Vegas and always find plenty to splurge on. Not sure if it's better or worse in Phoenix, but the ones I've been to were great.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

I go to Zia Records every time I'm in Vegas and always find plenty to splurge on. Not sure if it's better or worse in Phoenix, but the ones I've been to were great.

Oh I'm not arguing that, just saying that's what we have. What I miss most about the Bay Area is a place called Rasputins. They bought out Tower records and their selection is fucking rad.

Oh I'm not arguing that, just saying that's what we have. What I miss most about the Bay Area is a place called Rasputins. They bought out Tower records and their selection is fucking rad.
I live in Utah, so just about anything is better than what we have. There's a small chain called Graywhale here that's basically the same as Zia, but much smaller and with less selection, so I buy a lot online.

3 hours ago, Ikard said:

Some of my favorite bands are Slayer, D.R.I , Iron Reagan, Municipal Waste, Toxic Holocaust, Death, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Possessed, Deicide, Venom, Dark Throne, 1349. And then of course Maiden, Priest and Sabbath.  As far as my taste in hardcore goes Black Flag and TSOL are pretty high on my list. Uhhh other than that I'm from Phoenix, Arizona. I work in a call center. 

Well that certainly explains your music preferences. Godspeed you peerless altruist taking upon yourself the unrelenting negativity of the nation's aggregated dimwits, assclowns and shitheads. I worked retail part-time for the last year and from what light interaction I had with customers in that capacity I can't even begin to imagine how stark raving mad I would have gone if I were in your position.

22 minutes ago, Iceni said:

Well that certainly explains your music preferences. Godspeed you peerless altruist taking upon yourself the unrelenting negativity of the nation's aggregated dimwits, assclowns and shitheads. I worked retail part-time for the last year and from what light interaction I had with customers in that capacity I can't even begin to imagine how stark raving mad I would have gone if I were in your position.

Oh dude you have no idea. The stupidity I deal with on a daily basis is fucking astounding. It requires copious amounts of thrash metal to get out of bed in the morning.

3 hours ago, Ikard said:

Thanks man. Just some economic bullshit it'll pass. Right on in regards to the music, I can get down with all of those genres. Do you like any funeral doom? I feel like much like BM it can get a bit ridiculous but when it's good it' heavy as shit.

Oh man I'm all over Funeral Doom. Hmm just glancing through it actually makes up most of my doom collection. Mournful Congregation, Evoken, Thergothen, and Ahab are my favourites.

On 12/13/2017 at 1:41 AM, Ikard said:

Oh dude you have no idea. The stupidity I deal with on a daily basis is fucking astounding. It requires copious amounts of thrash metal to get out of bed in the morning.

You know I can almost handle the stupidity. It's the angry stupid people that get on my nerves, and more than that the angry entitled people. Honestly the customer base at my store wasn't that bad but boy howdy the bad people got pretty bad.

The worst guy was someone who wanted to get a cash refund despite having no receipt and no card. It gets better: the item in question was a bottle of vitamin water. MSRP: $0.88. He kept saying "it's no big deal, so just gimme the cash refund." That's not how it works, dipshit. The correct line is "it's no big deal, so I will quit holding up the line to shake you down."

2 hours ago, Iceni said:

You know I can almost handle the stupidity. It's the angry stupid people that get on my nerves, and more than that the angry entitled people. Honestly the customer base at my store wasn't that bad but boy howdy the bad people got pretty bad.

The worst guy was someone who wanted to get a cash refund despite having no receipt and no card. It gets better: the item in question was a bottle of vitamin water. MSRP: $0.88. He kept saying "it's no big deal, so just gimme the cash refund." That's not how it works, dipshit. The correct line is "it's no big deal, so I will quit holding up the line to shake you down."

My dude you wanna see entitlement walk a mile in phone banker shoes. I can't tell you how many people demand overdraft fees back because they think they should be allowed to spend more than what's in their accounts. And if they scream loud enough a supervisor will just give it to them. So we reward them for behaving like beasts.

My years of call centre working scarred me.  Hiring cars for privileged bastards with more money than sense who genuinely thought because they had a piece of plastic in their wallets that was a link to lots of money that technically didn’t exist in real life that they could throw tantrums like a fucking child because we had no Porsches in stock or their limo driver was late by 20 seconds.

Eventually found my call centre calling when I went to work on effectively a helpline for mental health patients in relapse who needed to talk and be signposted back into our services.  I rang ambulances, called the police when necessary - generally did far more for society and vulnerable people in that 12 month period than I did in 3 years listening to Dicky Fatwallet moan about his first world problems.