Black metal bands with female vocalists

Earendel

On BM scene there are also good worth of attention female vocalists. Some of my fav bands.

1 Astarte - All female black metal band from Greece. In my opinion Tristessa is one of the best female growler.

2 Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult - Onielar and her growls and style are something amazing. Nothing more nothing less. 

3 Gedanken Toten Lebens - Interesting one-woman atmospheric black metal project. Lyrics are about naure, death and philosophy. 

Who is your favourite black metal female vocalist? Do you like these bands? Or maybe you think black metal isn't for women? Let's start the discussion!

21 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

All of these are new to me.  I feel I have lost Lord Of Darkness points for not knowing these bands, Requiem is going to fall out with me.

I’ve never heard of these bands either. We Lords of Darkness (or is it Lord of Darknesses?) can’t be expected to keep up with every Tam, Dot and Harriet who starts a black metal band. 

In fact it’s about time I got back into buying new black metal bands. My collection is more 1990s than Seinfeld. My collection is so 1990s it tucks its t-shirts into its jeans. My collection is so 1990s it parties like it’s 1999 etc.

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Astarte has been one of my favorite BM bands since 1997...however I am sorry to tell you all that Tristessa died three years ago from complications due to her previous battle against leukemia.

Yeah, I know...I hate cancer, too....

I was aware of this sad news. Such a loss.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2017 at 5:53 PM, natassja7 said:

I was aware of this sad news. Such a loss.

I agree! She was a powerfull, creative,  beautiful...and a pioneer!!! I remember when interviewing her she told me how fellow metal heads had laughed at them when they played live for being an all-girl band and how everybody refused to take them seriously...but that did not make them sit back down and be good and docile little women. Tristessa breathed for metal!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

What do you think about Dismal Euphony (this band has a lot of gothic metal influences, so in my opinion it doesn't sound very extreme) and Siebenburgen with clean female vocals? Both bands played melodic black metal. In Dismal Euphony first female vocalist was Linn Achre Tveit (1994 - 1998) In 1998 Anja Natasha became new Dismal Euphony vocalist. DE released only four studio albums. There were four female vocalist in Siebenburgen. Lovisa Hallsted (1994 - 1999, we can hear her on albums Loreia and Grimjaur), Kicki Hoijertz (1999 - 2001, we can hear her on album Delictum and Plagued Be Thy Angel), Erika Roos (2002 - 2006, we can hear her on album Darker Designs & Images) and Lisa Bohwalli-Simonsson (2008 - 2009 we can hear her on album Revelation VI)

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

I saw Xasthur live when they were playing their new "Gothic country" material, and it was atrocious.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

That's disappointing.  Was the music just bad, or were they simply poor performers?  I read that the acoustic stuff was not that great.

That's disappointing.  Was the music just bad, or were they simply poor performers?  I read that the acoustic stuff was not that great.
They performed the material well enough, but the songs were very repetitive, and the terrible lyrics made it difficult to stifle my laughter during their set.

17 hours ago, Balor said:

There is also Lebenssucht.  I am a bit turned off by them through, as playing dsbm live seems weird (then again, Xasthur played live once).

It can be awesome. Shining are a great live band, and I've seen all sorts of entertaining shenanigans by local bands playing this sort of style. If you get someone willing to take things too far on stage...

2 hours ago, Requiem said:

It can be awesome. Shining are a great live band, and I've seen all sorts of entertaining shenanigans by local bands playing this sort of style. If you get someone willing to take things too far on stage...

Indeed, amazing music live and Niklas' unpredictable character. Beautiful.

15 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

They performed the material well enough, but the songs were very repetitive, and the terrible lyrics made it difficult to stifle my laughter during their set.

I looked up some clips of Xasthur playing acoustic songs live.  I liked the guitar a lot, but thought that the vocals are definitely questionable.

5 hours ago, Requiem said:

If you get someone willing to take things too far on stage...

It has to be done right though.  That was what I disliked about Lebenssucht.  I thought that the costume of the singer was too much.

• 2 months later...
On 11/28/2017 at 1:57 PM, BlutAusNerd said:

I saw Xasthur live when they were playing their new "Gothic country" material, and it was atrocious.

Gothic country? Is that when Scott started Nocturnal Poisoning?

Quick factoid about Demonic Christ, she had some pictures showing her lady bits online.

Edited by Mictlan
Wrote something twice