Burzum

jnurp

Re: Love Burzum but have some questions about Varg

I suppose I did make the assumption that if his dad had a Nazi flag that he was by extension a Nazi. If his parents were racists that certainly fits with Nazism.
They may have been sympathizers, but I doubt they were old enough to have actually been party members. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Love Burzum but have some questions about Varg

So what we've learned is that Varg is a) a sheep' date=' blindly following the racist crowd that was his family and B) Varg isn't the only asshole in his family.[/quote'] a) not every artist has to be a sane person with much self-estam B) the apple doesn't fall far from the tree :P

So what we've learned is that Varg is a) a sheep' date=' blindly following the racist crowd that was his family[/quote'] No, we didn't learn that at all. This is background evidence that need not be the whole explanation. He could just as well have violently reacted against it. I've seen plenty of people be racist all by themselves.

I've seen plenty of people be racist all by themselves.
This is the one thing I have a problem with in your statement, because I'm not sure it works that way. I think it's appropriate to say that plenty of people reject racism all by themselves. Embracing it seems to involve forming connections with like-minded people. I'm not talking about extremism. I've seen enough casual racism to know that it's culturally ingrained (and no, I'm not just talking about white racism, though it certainly fits) - an in-group/out-group distinction taught by one's parents and peer group, reinforced by cultural stereotypes, and sometimes by the behaviors of other individuals or groups.

My whole. Thing is can we all just get along. Without the Racism. Fuck. Those hate groups. I think the whole racism. Thing started. With. Religion. Like Muslims. Everything they lunch a. Terriorist attack suicide bombings. They call that a holy war. If everyone Belive in one god. Maybe the world will be in a better place That vorg. Guy is a 21st century. Charlie Manson

Embracing it seems to involve forming connections with like-minded people.
That's true, but I think there's an a priori condition of personal racism that has to exist before that happens. Racism does seem to be common in groups - a lot of the types I've seen work on the idea of racial supremacy rather than necessarily disliking one particular race. However, my coworkers at McDonald's seemed to become racist because of their experiences with the Latino/a staff. They didn't talk amongst themselves a whole lot. There wasn't any 'white solidarity' thing going on - but a lot of the staff members were very resentful of the treatment they were given by some of the Latino middle managers. It appeared to me that their experiences soured their impression of Latin Americans in general and they made a conscious decision to assume that all Latin Americans hung together and had it out for them - which was frequently true.
If everyone Belive in one god. Maybe the world will be in a better place
As a Protestant let me assure you that belief in one God is no guarantee of amity among men.

• 10 months later...
He does albums pretty regularly' date=' so I would assume so. Though what I've heard is good, his new work doesn't even compare to his pre-prison albums.[/quote'] hvis lyset tar oss was the first major change in burzums style but he goes for a more melodic atmospheric style now sad really he should do more like aske, burzum and filosofem

hvis lyset tar oss was the first major change in burzums style but he goes for a more melodic atmospheric style now sad really he should do more like aske' date=' burzum and filosofem[/quote'] His sound evolved a bit, but I wouldn't say that there was a big change between the first four albums. They were all recorded within a couple of years, so a ton of change can't be expected, but in this case I don't mind, they're all great albums. However, the personal, entrancing sound that makes those albums special seems to be largely absent from his new releases.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but Varg has his own youtube channel. He seems an ok guy, obviously very passionate about music and European culture, but he gives the impression that he may be the kind of person that wants to buy into conspiracy theories - he jumps to these silly conclusions from so called evidence that you would not usually make those kind of connections from. I own most of his albums and think that his music is great. Did anyone watch his interview on when he talks on killing Euronomous? It wasn't very convincing with respect to it being self defence - I stopped him from crawling into the bedroom where there were guns, but actually no guns. And in a separate interview: "Do you have any regrets?" "Yeah, I should have killed the other guy". Tbh it made me laugh, but I have a sick sense of humour.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but Varg has his own youtube channel. He seems an ok guy, obviously very passionate about music and European culture, but he gives the impression that he may be the kind of person that wants to buy into conspiracy theories - he jumps to these silly conclusions from so called evidence that you would not usually make those kind of connections from. I own most of his albums and think that his music is great. Did anyone watch his interview on when he talks on killing Euronomous? It wasn't very convincing with respect to it being self defence - I stopped him from crawling into the bedroom where there were guns, but actually no guns. And in a separate interview: "Do you have any regrets?" "Yeah, I should have killed the other guy". Tbh it made me laugh, but I have a sick sense of humour.
He's obviously a sick person for buying into his own bullshit regarding murder. However, this doesn't mean that he is worthless in all other capacities, as some seem to assert. He had time to do lots of research in prison, so I'm sure that he knows a thing or two about culture and history, but due to my first point, I'm willing to bet that he only retains the portions that apply to his current ideologies, or twists them so that they will fit.

He's obviously a sick person for buying into his own bullshit regarding murder. However' date=' this doesn't mean that he is worthless in all other capacities, as some seem to assert. He had time to do lots of research in prison, so I'm sure that he knows a thing or two about culture and history, but due to my first point, I'm willing to bet that he only retains the portions that apply to his current ideologies, or twists them so that they will fit.[/quote'] Yeah, confirmation bias you call that. I've also had personal experience with people who play the 'self-defence' card. As soon as they get emotional they over-react to a situation with violence and then claim that you were the aggressive party in order to justify their behaviour. The police obviously didn't buy Varg's story in this case, i'm not going to speculate what happened before Varg killing his former band member, but going with the 'I though he was going to shoot me with the hypothetical weapons' story was probably not the best idea.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What does a litre of petrol and a Bic lighter cost? How much is a kitchen knife? If you like his music' date=' buy it. Or. I guess you just torrent it all. Why do you think burning a church is a crazy thing? Do you work? If you do, you pay taxes and therefore you pay to have people that are disliked killed.[/quote'] You never know. That nickel that Varg makes off you buying a copy of Filosofem might get donated to some hate group, meaning that you've just made your own little contribution to the Third Reich. Steal his music off the internet out of spite and just to be safe.

I really wish I could get into Burzum. I've really tried but nothing has made an impression on me yet. Actually I lie there was one song I heard recently that sounded a lot more like my thing just raw, nasty, black metal but for the life of me I can not remember the song or what album it was from.

I really wish I could get into Burzum. I've really tried but nothing has made an impression on me yet. Actually I lie there was one song I heard recently that sounded a lot more like my thing just raw' date=' nasty, black metal but for the life of me I can not remember the song or what album it was from.[/quote'] ? oNQe_Kw4xH8