Welcome to Metal Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to stalk this  
Stalkers 0
JadedErotika

Music Genres

Here we go again: I like to start threads so much that I have to do this one as well....I am curious as to what is your least favorite genre in music or do you like all music?? Obviously, my favorite genre is metal..My least favorites are: reggae, jazz + gospel...I just can't relate to these 3 genres at all....Any thoughts??? 8-]]

I can find something I like in most genres if I look hard enough.

My favorite is metal, I also like (hard or classic) rock, blues and classical (the latter of which I really need to expand my knowledge and collection of).

Not a huge fan of hip-hop or pop as I get bored of them pretty quickly and often find the music and lyrics typically insipid and mediocre. To judge whole genres is a pretty huge generalization though, and I'm sure that there's plenty of stuff out there that I would like, especially as the main experience I've had with these genres is stuff that's been on the radio or TV.

Not often a fan of most electronic music forms (especially simple, repetitive stuff meant for dancing) but have occasionally heard stuff I like, not to mention I'm lumping a whole lot of genres together when I say "electronic music" so really I'm mostly ignorant.

Modern country. I have an abnormal hatred of it partially because some people where I worked a few years ago used to play it over a radio all day at top volume. So loud in fact that, it'd cause the speakers to distort the sound. There was no escaping it. Eventually a bunch of people (including myself) complained about it, so it stopped. Aside from that, everything that's ever been bad in popular music is the formula for modern country. There's types of music that I don't want to hear, but that stuff definitely outranks them all in being my least favorite.

Parker gave this Horns Up!

Modern country is the pits. I believe Tom Petty (an excellent musician) summed it up best as, "bad pop bands with fiddles." Rap/hip hop is odious bullshit. Anything aiming at being just dance music with little for the brain sucks. All poppy "boy bands" and their female equivalent should be slowly and painfully murdered with much use of salt in their wounds. Hair/glam and nu metal are just as bad and NOT real metal. Gospel is pretty abysmal too.

natassja7 and morbidspectre gave this Horns Up!

For me the least appealing genre is that more extreme dance music. Mercifully I don't hear it very often. Most other genres are ok. 

Favorites: metal, punk, goth, neo folk and some classical.

We do not really have country music in Scandinavia and gospel, well that is practically unknown over here! But aside from that: I just hate hip-hop/rap and techno!!! The former is just so mind dumbing stupid and techno makes me feel physically ill...I do not know if it is the frequencies in the vibrations from the music...but they make me want to throw up...literally speaking!!!

On 2017-5-21 at 11:54 AM, Torturga said:

Favorites: metal, punk, goth, neo folk and some classical.

We do not really have country music in Scandinavia and gospel, well that is practically unknown over here! But aside from that: I just hate hip-hop/rap and techno!!! The former is just so mind dumbing stupid and techno makes me feel physically ill...I do not know if it is the frequencies in the vibrations from the music...but they make me want to throw up...literally speaking!!!

I sort of feel this way about techno music too. There's just something so goddamn uncomfortable about it.