Welcome to Metal Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Pavlos

Vampiric Metal?

29 posts in this topic

I like both bands. I've got all of the Hecate Enthroned albums except for the most recent one and all of the Anorexia Nervosa albums except for their first one. Overall, I prefer Hecate Enthroned. 

Speaking of Hecate Enthroned... it was bound to happen but Sarah Jezebel Deva of Cradle of Filth fame will be doing backing vocals on their next album. I think they give new meaning to the term cradle robbing.  

1 hour ago, Vampyrique said:

I like both bands. I've got all of the Hecate Enthroned albums except for the most recent one and all of the Anorexia Nervosa albums except for their first one. Overall, I prefer Hecate Enthroned. 

Speaking of Hecate Enthroned... it was bound to happen but Sarah Jezebel Deva of Cradle of Filth fame will be doing backing vocals on their next album. I think they give new meaning to the term cradle robbing.  

Come to think of it, the first Anorexia Nervosa album is my favorite from them. I guess I wasn't remembering it because it doesn't fit the topic at hand, being very weird, dark, and discordant industrial metal. it does still have a very Gothic feeling in the vocals and some of the atmosphere, but it's VERY different from their albums that came after. I would highly recommend it for Godflesh fans, but not for people looking for Cradle of Filth styled music.

On 8/14/2017 at 6:46 PM, BlutAusNerd said:

Come to think of it, the first Anorexia Nervosa album is my favorite from them. I guess I wasn't remembering it because it doesn't fit the topic at hand, being very weird, dark, and discordant industrial metal. it does still have a very Gothic feeling in the vocals and some of the atmosphere, but it's VERY different from their albums that came after. I would highly recommend it for Godflesh fans, but not for people looking for Cradle of Filth styled music.

I remember I listened to it years ago. You're right, it wasn't anything like their later stuff. It was strange, avant-garde, industrial. I'll have to listen to that one again as well as their later albums too. I believe Drudenhaus was my favourite of theirs. 

Anorexia Nervosa was always a strange band though made up of diverse influences. I actually liked their glam-goth-black-metal image. Their vocalist Hreidmarr never did conventional raspy black metal vocals either. They were somewhat twisted and tormented sounding screams. 

On 15/08/2017 at 5:08 AM, BlutAusNerd said:

They're worth exploring beyond that. I like all of their albums, but The Redemption Process is probably my favorite.

I think I'll definitely get another album or two for the collection. Thanks for the recommendation.