Metalcore

tugaOwn

Re: Metal Core

The funny thing is how some bands define themselves. I'm sure I mentioned it somewhere else, but I read an interview with the Assuck vocalist and he said flat out, they're a hardcore band, they have nothing to do with metal, metal is all about money to him and he thinks it's silly. To me they sound like death-grind. Whatever they call it, I love it. It's got more to with the attitude than anything else, for me. Jute Gyte has a lot of black metal in it, but the underlying attitude sounds like post-punk or even just punk. I played it for my old drummer, a big hardcore fan, and he said the same thing. It's got that "fuck you, I'm gonna keep making noise" thing going on.
That's kind of what I mean, metalcore bands add metal to hardcore, whereas some other genres I've mentioned add hardcore to different metal sounds. It's all about the approach and the attitude, as even when combined, bands usually fall more to one side of the spectrum than another. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

The opinion, however (and soon-to-be FACT) is that it's crap! :D Man, my friends will hate me if they see this post. :\ lol!
If you show them some good melodeath they might change. Most mallcore stuff, when it's any good at all, is blatanly ripped off from At The Gates, Insomnium, Dark Tranquillity and the like. I've got an acquaintance who's really big on metalcore but he also likes a bit of melodeath, specifically Arch Enemy. Not great, but he's getting there.

Re: Why doesn't Metalcore have it's own section

I was never really that big on Arch Enemy' date=' though. But okay.[/quote'] Try Stigmata from Arch Enemy, it's easily their best. You don't have those shitty Angela Gossow vocals to contend with, there is a ton of aggression, and the melodies still felt fresh. Look up the song Beast of Man, I've converted many with that very song. As far as metalcore goes, I struggle to call most bands that are labeled "metalcore" as such, as both the supposed metal and hardcore elements are dubious at best. Give stuff like Gaza, Converge, Ringworm, Integrity, Cursed, All Pigs Must Die, and Today is the Day a try, they might change your mind. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah... to be honest I haven't really gotten into bands that have a female singer... My favorite one though is Garbage, but I'm not sure if that counts as metal...
They definitely don't class as metal, but I quite enjoy the odd track myself tbh. I have the same problem. I'm sure there are some killer female-fronted metal bands, but most of the ones I've heard do the Within Temptation/Epica 'corset metal' thing, dodgy power metal or are called Huntress. :lol: I used to be pretty into a French band called Eths. They're often classed as nu metal or metalcore, but I'm not really sure what category I'd put them into. They seem quite a bit darker and more mysterious than Korn and the ilk, and they can be pretty atmospheric and even slightly 'proggy' at points. They've changed vocalist recently, but the one I'm familiar with, Candice, is a really good singer and screamer/growler! If you're open to post-hardcore that flirts a bit with pop punk on occasion, but can still be pretty heavy when it wants to be, you should give a Norwegian band called Blood Command a go. Bits of Refused, Cancer Bats, Billy Talent and even a slight hint of Paramore (not in a shit way, though)!

I'm not a fan of Paramore. I thought I was going to become one, but... no. I really like Lacuna Coil though. KMFDM has a girl member (I think she was on vocals in one song...) KMFDM is an okay industrial metal band, I guess.
I don't like Paramore either, but I really like Blood Command. They're a lot heavier, more metal-friendly and just write killer songs. You really should check them out. Here:

I'll check them out sometime.There are a shitload of bands I need to check out anyway. :lol:I'm kinda getting more into Kreator' date=' though.[/quote'] Lemme know what you think. :D And nice! They're pretty cool. I know this might be the typical 'snotty metal opinion' to have, but I definitely prefer their their earlier stuff. It's just so much more vicious and primal. Pleasure to Kill is an awesome album!

:lol: It's fine. I always hear "I like their earlier stuff better" from a lot of people when I mention certain bands. But I tend to get into the new and older stuff from most bands.
Same tbh. Kreator is one of the few exceptions for me (and even then not really, as I still do like their newer stuff- just not as much). The way I see it, if you only hang on to a band because of an album or 2 they released 20-30 years ago, you're not a fan of the band; you're a fan of that album(s).

It's a difficult one for me. I have fairly varied tastes and am pretty much always on the lookout for bands. If I downloaded more than 1 album by anyone I had a passing interest in, I'd barely have time for anything else... and I'd likely be broke. :lol: I tend to start with one album, which I'll either choose because it's established as the best/most instant one or someone whose judgement I trust recommends it. If I really dig that album and find myself coming back to it months after, I'll then check out their other stuff.