5 bands' catalogues you'd take to a desert island.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was with you right up until Paradise Lost and then you killed our desert island liaison with KISS. The thought of spending a lifetime with you, isolated from humanity with your tongue permanently ou

Firstly, for the Paradise Lost reference I want to shake your hand, sir. i tip my cap to you.  Secondly, great list. I love Rhapsody too, which I could never imagine doing in my younger years. Lu

Theatres des Vampires (although it wouldn't surprise me if I accidentally left the last decade of their discography behind) Cradle of Filth My Dying Bride Burzum and perhaps King D

• 4 weeks later...

Type O Negative

I love everything about TON. The moody blend of doom, hardcore punk, and goth rock makes for one unique band. There's something to like about every album they released and honestly TON are just one of my favourite bands so there.

Taake

I've spent a bit of time with these guys recently and they've gone from a band I liked well enough to one I just can't get enough of. The aggression and hate dripping off their work despite their melodic base is awesome.

Mournful Congregation

Another of my all time favourites. Melodic funeral doom dripping with bleak atmosphere? Sign me the fuck up. Hope they drop something new soon.

Death

Same reasons as always

Bathory

Again same reasons as always

Shit my list changed in a significant way this time around didn't it?

• 10 months later...

1. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - One of the first bands that got me into blues and pyschedelic rock. They still amaze me to this day.

2. Black Sabbath - One of my favorite metal bands, and very influential to metal in general.

3. Metallica - They introduced me to thrash metal, and pretty much just metal in general. However, albums such as “Lulu” and “Load” would get limited airplay on the island. 

4. AC/DC - One of the first rock bands that I really started getting into (besides Aerosmith). I could duck walk on the island for exercise.

5. Led Zeppelin - Another good rock band that influenced metal. One of the first bands that I started collecting many albums on vinyl with.

1. Deathspell Omega; at some point I'll feel melancholic so might aswell take my favorite band

2. Peste Noire; perfect soundtrack for my drunken adventures across the land

3. Kendrick Lamar; not a band, but he is my favorite hip-hop artist so far

4. Immolation; I'd love to keep with me something that conjures great atmospheres and tight, aggressive riffage

5. Anything by Glenn Miller; still not a band but one of the few people in this world that can make me dance 

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, Nick_fix said:

Hi

I would take:

Aerosmith - the first album

Black Sabbath 

Sure, i've take a something from metallica hits

By the way, it's possible to invite Aerosmith with you) I've faced with the agency -link removed-

So, I've invite this band with me.

Rejoice! The thread offers you the chance to take the bands' full back catalogues, so no single album choices are required. That means you can take every Aerosmith album, including their live releases, to your paradise in the Pacific. That's actually a really good choice. 

• 4 months later...
On 6/6/2019 at 8:00 AM, Thrashman said:

Tricky one.

Probably:

Death
Krypts
Burzum
Evoken
Bolt Thrower

That means no thrash for Thrashman, though. Tempted to throw Slayer in there, because I could listen to Reign in Blood/South of Heaven/Seasons in the Abyss all day long. Hmmmm.

You’re an enigma wrapped in a riddle.